It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentine Navy loses contact with sub-44 on board

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you for your reply Zaphod, I do understand.

However I don't fully trust what the MoD feeds us 'the public'. Obviously until any more actual info or evidence comes out we won't know for sure.

What we all know is that its a bit odd..

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That makes the assumption that what we are being told is truthful. There are plenty of ways to send a craft to the bottom, and UK Maritime Special Services, like those of other nations, are extremely well versed in all those techniques, so I am lead to believe. Cough! Cough!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

So now, we have the Argentinian Defense Ministry lying (when showing that the UK had something to do with it would be to their advantage), the UK MoD lying, the US Test Ban Treaty Compliance guys lying.....

Got it. Everyone is lying about this.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

It's really not odd. Snorkels have been known to leak since WWII days, especially in bad weather.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No need to get yourself upset old chap. This is a conspiracy site and there is, at least, a chance that the truth about this is even deeper down than this unfortunate boat. I'm not attempting to call your expertise into question by raising the possibility of there being some deception going on amongst it all.
edit on 14-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'm not the least upset. But every bit of evidence points at an accident, every bit of evidence makes sense. So either everyone involved is lying, or there's an attempt at a conspiracy where no evidence of one exists.

1+1=Car.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Glad to hear it.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Very sad still. Crappy way to die if it wasn't sudden.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
God speed to those sailors.

I hope this isn't too far off topic..this song and the true story it's about has struck a cord with me since it came out decades ago.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
May their souls rest in peace.
edit on 012CST09America/Chicago01790931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

No need to get yourself upset old chap. This is a conspiracy site and there is, at least, a chance that the truth about this is even deeper down than this unfortunate boat. I'm not attempting to call your expertise into question by raising the possibility of there being some deception going on amongst it all.

Why on earth would the UK sink the outdated submarine of an impoverished nation it was not at war with? Do we routinely murder innocent people in peacetime?

There are conspiracies that are legit or there are moon howlers who believe any nonsense to make a conspiracy seem plausible to the detriment to this site.

See also flat earthers.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Why on earth would the UK sink the outdated submarine of an impoverished nation it was not at war with? Do we routinely murder innocent people in peacetime?

There are conspiracies that are legit or there are moon howlers who believe any nonsense to make a conspiracy seem plausible to the detriment to this site.

See also flat earthers.

Despite what you may like to think, a conspiracy theory is not ilegitimised by you not personally subscribing to it.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Nor is it legitimized by someone making it up out of whole cloth.
edit on 12/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
According to a report, the sub suffered a fire in the forward battery compartment after water entered the snorkel. The crew dove deeper to attempt to continue heading to port, while fighting the fire. It's believed that the fire spread through multiple compartments, and after two hours the sub went below crush depth and imploded.

www.telesurtv.net...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Diving deeper whilst fight a fire doesn't sound like standard Submarine procedure. I would think you surface, even if the weather at surface is bad. Till we find it, we just won't know.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The problem with surfacing in bad weather is that if you open the hatches you take on water, and either way you make it harder to fight the fire, because you're going to be rolling. By diving, you can get below the area where the water is churned up by any surface storms.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It sounds like a horrible option. Unless you know you can contain it. It's a judgement call with no good option.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Pretty much yeah. Like they said in one article, two hours of horror before they imploded.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
A year later the Argentine navy says they have located the wreck of ARA San Juan thanks to the assistance of a US company , the wreck is at a depth of 2,620ft.

The wreckage of a submarine which went missing with 44 crew on board a year ago has been found, the Argentine navy says. The ARA San Juan submarine disappeared 430km (270 miles) off the Argentine coast on 15 November 2017.
www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join