It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daddy by default - erroneous paternity claim threatens man's livelihood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yep, filing a motion to reduce child support sounds like a $2,500 retainer fee minimum.

Hmm, maybe the system is working exactly as planned.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Monk mode huh? That sounds like a really logical course of action to take for a male in today's environment.

Now if you could just get rid of the wonderful memories of the one that got away. How long will those haunt you? Better to have loved and lost....?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

What about Waiting Until Marriage? I consider that an option for myself even though I am not religious because of similar incidents in the OP.
edit on 11/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: JBurns

While I don't agree with MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) and the Men's Rights Movement, situations like this is why a lot of men joined these movements.

You don't agree with men's rights?

And

You don't agree with the idea of men choosing to avoid relationships because the current situation is enormously unfair to men, disproportionately penalises them, and the consequences of being in a relationship can be completely and utterly life destroying, all of which is supported by the current legal system and societal norms?

Well..

Ok..

That's an interesting point of view...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Monk mode huh? That sounds like a really logical course of action to take for a male in today's environment.

Now if you could just get rid of the wonderful memories of the one that got away. How long will those haunt you? Better to have loved and lost....?

It's all a delusion.
All of those thoughts, feelings, memories.

The process of metamorphosis involves moulting or shedding of the old form as one outgrows it.
Patience and Discipline are necessary.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Well I'm a Feminist (Not the SJW type) and I see it as a problem stemming from the gender stereotype men are the sole providers while women are supposed to be in the home.

Many of these family courts are out dated and applies more to an earlier age (1950s) when women don't have a lot of employment opportunities.

No, I don't hate men (I'm a dude myself).

The thing is with MGTOW, it goes to the point where they become misogynistic. In one video, someone blamed women for the downfall of civilizations.
edit on 11/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

You can't waive owed child support. It is impossible. My kids mother tried to do that for me. It remains in errands or however you spell that word.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Don't forget the poor guy who made a sperm donation to two lesbians who subsequently split and the state went after him for child support.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: ClovenSky

What about Waiting Until Marriage? I consider that an option for myself even though I am not religious because of similar incidents in the OP.

Even after marriage, men get screwed with the child support.

Personally, I think the system should be setup so that men and women need to agree if an abortion takes place. Right now, women can choose to have a child w/o any say from a man whether he wants to be a father or not and then hit him with child support. Not only that, the woman can also choose to abort even if the father wants the child.

I think what should happen for more equity is in order to have an abortion, both men and women should have to agree. In addition, if a woman decides to have a child without support of the father, the woman forfeits all rights to child support.

What this would do is force women to think seriously about if they want a child or not knowing they cannot force financial help.

Men don't have a lot of rights in the current system. It breeds a lot of contempt and resentment.
edit on 17-11-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

It's all a delusion.
All of those thoughts, feelings, memories.

The process of metamorphosis involves moulting or shedding of the old form as one outgrows it.
Patience and Discipline are necessary.

The key is to actually shed what you outgrow. Don't forget you said that

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I can't see WHY an attack.
I am a secret adoptee from Arkansas,it is NOT now ,nor will it EVER be my purpose, to punish my BIRTH parents (WHOM ever they were)for things that HAPPEN to us all.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is a problem with the old system, lots of guys had to pay child support for kids that were said to be theirs. The girlfriend gets the kid and the support money and the guy gets the shaft and bills. This was done purposely by many women in the past and I am sure it is still going on. I have proof my two daughters are mine by DNA testing on ancestry. It makes me feel better that I know for sure.

Every time I open up and check the site, I worry about an unknown kid being there as my son or daughter, now they would be in their late thirties or forties.. I am pretty sure that I do not have anymore kids floating around, but you never know. Is this why so many women would never get their ancestry DNA analyzed, claiming that it could cause problems with insurance costs? Women can make that a reality, convincing the insurance execs to use genetic data to find disease susceptibility to make sure that people fight doing this.

That would be hard to take if I found out my father was not really my father when I was forty.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Another instance where the justice system is undermined. This case makes it obvious that misandry is the order of the day in family court.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You have done a great job waking me up to the reality of the justice system texan.

After even a small amount of digging and consideration, I can't offer an valid disagree to any of the points you made (in this thread or others)

Thanks for that
edit on 11/17/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yep, filing a motion to reduce child support sounds like a $2,500 retainer fee minimum.

Hmm, maybe the system is working exactly as planned.

Exactly as planned, as in fleece Joe public at every opportunity to keep the wheels of justice grinding away.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You can walk away from your mortgage car payment credit cards with no jail time. But don't pay child support and they lock you up. Hell they'll even lock you up if the kid isn't yours. Our government is broken.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Things are certainly backwards.

There are plenty of people who simply cannot afford to pay child support fees, and throwing them in jail does nothing to relieve that plight. It is a never ending cycle of wage attachments, property liens & seizures and even jail time (debtors prisons).

The family court system is absolutely broken. To be frank, the entire legal system is broken. It is the way it is because our founders never envisioned a time when the courthouse would be full, day after day after day.

Offenses are invented statutorily, usually by people seeking to legislate away something they personally disapprove of. For some reason, some people are quite odd in that they feel the need to codify their personal belief systems as law. Such is one of the most grievous miscarriages of justice this country has witnessed.

Look no further than Jim Crow laws, which were put in place by segregationists after the abolition of slavery. These were laws created to target a specific population that a small group of elites found to be "undesirable." It took decades of civil rights activists, including the work of Dr. ML King, to finally overturn those unconstitutional laws and end the egregious practice of segregation. What the majority doesn't realize is that any violation of civil rights (up and down the BOR 1A-10A) harms our entire republic, which was founded on the ideas of equal rights under the law and justice for all. If civil rights (any civil right!) can be denied to even one single person, then they can be denied to all of us, at any time. Such is the case when someone is imprisoned for not paying child support and other fees.

We too must seek to overturn unneeded laws - including laws that permit jail time for failure to pay any fee, fine or court ordered payment. Laws that imprison people for non-violent crimes are unjust. Laws that create felons for non-violent offenses are unjust. Every law passed is a bit of freedom taken from the people - minus a cadre of laws required to enforce civil order and common sense societal norms (like not murdering people, not robbing people, not violently assaulting/battering people).

We need real reform. We must stop surrendering freedom under the guise of eliminating a "nuisance" we disagree with personally. Laws should only be enacted for the benefit of our republic, and nothing more.
edit on 11/18/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join