It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female ex-Franken staffers: 'He treated us with the utmost respect'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well its ok to sexually harass as long as youre liberal (Al franken with pics sexually groping a sleeping womann)

Case in point? all the evidence against Weinstein and theres STILL nothing being done

However if youre a political figure with an R, (and justifiably so if the allegations are true) your career will be destroyed, and they will relentlessly go after you...

Where are the veracity to go after Weinstein and others on the left?
edit on 17-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

However if youre a political figure with an R, (and justifiably so if the allegations are true) your career will be destroyed, and they will relentlessly go after you.

Trump is president, so there goes that argument.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Also have been involved in locker room talk and have never heard anyone talk about grabbing women by the (well you know), ever.

Granted there is the usual bravado about sex lives and women we have been with but never anyone saying they can grab a woman without consent because of who they were.

What locker rooms have you been in?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

However if youre a political figure with an R, (and justifiably so if the allegations are true) your career will be destroyed, and they will relentlessly go after you.

Trump is president, so there goes that argument.

Wrong, they DID go after him like crazy! But again he has an R after his name.

Why arent they doing this to Fraken? Why arent they still pursuing Weinstein and the cult of pedophilia and sexual harassment in Hollywood?

BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LIBERALS on that side and it undermines their cause thats why

All this outrage over Moore from the left is political hackary and double standard bullcrap

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Actually the left has ostracized Weinstein and there is outcry as to why he is not being punished. "The political hackary and double standard bullcrap" is coming from the right.

As long as Trump's accusers are being pushed aside as liars because of who he is and what letter is beside his name, you and your people do not have the moral high ground.

He was also accused of raping an underage girl, where is the outrage from you guys?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm from Minnesota and i never cared for Al Frankenfu*ker! he was never funny even in Trading Places that was his normal self! damn hipocrit screams at sex abusers and he's one too! needs to be tossed out on his ass but goofy gov. Dayton will appoint another idiot to fill in till his term is over.

I'm ashamed to call myself a Minnesotan
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: correct punctuation

edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: same again

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Actually the left has ostracized Weinstein and there is outcry as to why he is not being punished. "The political hackary and double standard bullcrap" is coming from the right.

As long as Trump's accusers are being pushed aside as liars because of who he is and what letter is beside his name, you and your people do not have the moral high ground.

He was also accused of raping an underage girl, where is the outrage from you guys?

Really ? Where’s the outcry, not seeing anything but news on Moor being plastered all over the news.....

Sources for the vehement outcry by the left for this please?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I don't know how things were for you back in the 60s at Rapeville High School for Celebrities but I can guarantee that back here in the real world, where we actually live, nobody in the average locker room is talking about how they can sexually assault women because they're "a star."

Lmao. "Claimed." Are you doubting that I played sports? What are you 10? How about this. If I prove my "claim" you resign your mod post?

No, but if you can prove how I can be 10 years old here in 2017, yet also attended Rapeville High School in the 60's, I'd immediately resign my post as a Mod to dedicate myself to full recovery from having my mind blown.

Again, when she's says "by the balls" she's speaking metaphorically. What Trump said was literal.

Again, you're making that distinction only because your agenda hates President Donald Trump. We see through it, believe me, we all see right through the hypocritical garbage.

And there it is. Your opinions when it comes to allegations of sexual assault/harassment are based entirely on politics. You're okay with O'Reilly being guilty because he's not ideologically pure enough for you.
No, I'm realistic. Trump "defended" O Reiley for the same reason Democrats defended weinstein and, to a similar degree, Bill Clinton post presidency... IT WAS ADVANTAGEOUS TO THEM TO HAVE THEIR MONEY AND THEIR VOICE IN PUBLIC. It's called politics. Again, I'm neither OK with Oreiley nor not OK with Oreiley... it is what it is and, honestly, I don't care enough about the guy to either attack or defend him. I simply understand why he was a target for some and why he was sheilded by others. Different sides of the exact same coin.

Like I said from the jump, Trumpkins pretending to gaf about sexual assault is laughable.

You pretending you gaf about anything that doesn't push your agenda forward is equally laughable, truth be told, say the same about me. The primary difference is I'm honest about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Weinstein was forced out of his company and has fled the country. Spacey has lost every role and will probably never work again. Same goes for Louis C.K.

Honestly none of them will probably ever see the inside of a courtroom. Too much time has passed for some while others did not technically break the law. In every case though their careers are pretty much over.

Now look at what happens when someone on the Right gets accused. One becomes President. One loses his show but still manages to become the #1 New York Times Bestseller just a few months later. And now one is on the verge of becoming a Senator while those on the Right attempt to minimize the content of the accusations.

So don't try to act like the Right are some moral high ground. There's still a large contingent that defends Trump. There's still a large contingent that defends O'Reilly. There's a large contingent that defends Moore. On the other hand, when similar accusations get leveled at someone on the Left they almost instantly become universally reviled.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Also have been involved in locker room talk and have never heard anyone talk about grabbing women by the (well you know), ever.

Granted there is the usual bravado about sex lives and women we have been with but never anyone saying they can grab a woman without consent because of who they were.

Ah, but Trump didn't ever say grab them without consent... he said, exactly the same as the "got them by the balls equivalent" that money and power are aphrodesiacs and, when you have them, you've got women by the short hairs. And you're damn right I've heard equivalents inside lockerrooms before, albeit centering around stuff like driving up in a tricked out pickup, showing the women ripped arms, or even one dude who swore hitting the campus with his blue heeler pup wearing a little bandana was the secret.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump never assaulted anyone,

That's a claim pulled our of your ass.
You know this how?
Are you Melania Trump perhaps?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ah, but Trump didn't ever say grab them without consent... he said, exactly the same as the "got them by the balls equivalent" that money and power are aphrodesiacs and, when you have them, you've got women by the short hairs. And you're damn right I've heard equivalents inside lockerrooms before, albeit centering around stuff like driving up in a tricked out pickup, showing the women ripped arms, or even one dude who swore hitting the campus with his blue heeler pup wearing a little bandana was the secret.

Mental gymnastics is great with this one

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Yes, you got me, Columbo. I'm a former supermodel from Yugoslavia...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Welcome to the 24 hour news cycle. Thanks to the rate at which these allegations are coming out the previous ones get discarded one favor of the freshest ones.

(post by ErrorErrorError removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yes, you got me, Columbo. I'm a former supermodel from Yugoslavia...

You would at least be more useful than you are now.

Oh you!!! Grrrr. Does anybody have some burn cream? I seem to have shat my pantaloons as well.

Jesus Christ, man... what the hell type of come back was that and what the hell does it have to do with Al Franken's happy hands? Did you have any comments on the actual topic, or are you OK with a Senator forcibly kissing a woman so long as he says "Oh gee, I'm sorry" years later when he's called on it?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If we get into who is harder on these abusers, well, you know liberals have been very hard on theirs lately. Weiner for instance, look who drummed him out of the congress, Nancy Pelosi. She did that without any regard for ist ocnsequences since a republican I think took his seat.

Yet on the other hand, the very conservative Mitch McConnell has been very hard on the sexual reprobates in his party.

This is not a partisan issue. Only an immoral, clueless person like Trump would try to make it that, by going after Franken but taking it easy on Moore.

The test is how one party treats their own.

The democrats had their reprobate: Bill Clinton, not the GOP has theirs: Donald Trump.

I guess you could say the republicans because of Clinton get somewhat of a free pass on Trump, ONLY FOR A WHILE.

The free pass has run its course

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is not a partisan issue. Only an immoral, clueless person like Trump would try to make it that, by going after Franken but taking it easy on Moore.

But he didn't take it easy on Moore plus Moore is not a presently seated US Senator. Trump said Moore, if the allegations are true, should step aside. Moore has denied the allegations while Frankin has admitted guilt, which is not a minor difference between the two. Furthermore, anyone who has made it a habit of being as pious and pompous over women's issues as Franken has should expect to see a greater backlash over falling short of the mark than someone who has never taken such a position. To writ, it has always been a much more loudly called out story when a public figure who has been openly hostile against homosexuals gets caught with a male prostitute versus someone who has never made much of a statement one way or the other experiencing the same. Adding to the situation is the personal factor... Franken has routinely and loudly positioned himself as a staunch critic of Donald Trump, Moore has not, so of course Trump (and anyone who has a history of hostility with Franken) is going to point at Happy Hands for this. That's just simple human nature, experiencing some degree of smug justification when something like this comes out about an individual you don't respect or particularly care for.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I disagree. Trump does a blatant partisan attack on a democrat, and refuses to be evenhanded with a party member. However, you spin this it is a partisan attack.

This issue would be best left outside of politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join