It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female ex-Franken staffers: 'He treated us with the utmost respect'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
So, who won that bet?

I did.

He gets to wear his midget underwear on the outside now.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

People on both sides need to STFU and let the police or courts decide this stuff. It's beyond stupid how we measure guiltiness according to how much we have in common with the accused.

"No, no, no. How the F can this guy be a sex offender when he votes the same way I do? These women are lying!"

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

People on both sides need to STFU and let the police or courts decide this stuff. It's beyond stupid how we measure guiltiness according to how much we have in common with the accused.

"No, no, no. How the F can this guy be a sex offender when he votes the same way I do? These women are lying!"

One major issue I see in a lot of this is the fact that quite a few of these accusations (on both sides) aren't even of a criminal nature. Take Moore, for example, no laws were broken by him asking a 16 year old out on a date. (and no, I'm not defending the guy, he's a perv. I'd like to see him replaced on the ballot ASAP... but facts are facts.)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The picture to me is clearly a gag in poor taste. It doesn't look like he was touching her and she was wearing body armor. Somebody said the plates were out of it but that doesn't really make sense. Why would she be wearing body armor sans plates? From her own statements, she was in fact wearing body armor as that was the flight out of country.

In either case, the "groping" talk seems absurd as there doesn't appear to have been any groping.

As for the rehearsal kiss, you've got her account that he used rehearsal of a kiss from the skit (that actually turned out to be a not-kiss when they performed it) as a pretense to kiss her. That would certainly be sleazy if true.

I don't know how this situation can progress beyond that. She had an account of things, he's saying that isn't how he remembers it and there were no witnesses. At this point, I think moderates are waiting to see if anyone else comes forward with similar allegations. Melanie Morgan's claim wasn't sexual in nature. Just that he was obsessed with winning this political argument basically.

The topic is a minefield. I think most reasonable people want to give alleged victims every benefit of the doubt but at the same time, reasonable people also don't want to see the lives or reputations of accused people ruined on the basis of an allegation alone. How dangerous is that?

The upshot here is that imo, if no other allegations of improper conduct come to light, this will blow over. The accuser has accepted his apology, said she perceived it as heartfelt and isn't calling for him to step down.

I really don't know how we as a society will treat these matters going forward. Right now, there's this notion of a "purge" going on but there's been so many allegations against so many people and there's a good chance that some are untrue. What happens if some of the more reported allegations are demonstrated to be false? Do we end up with a situation where people are more skeptical than before?

It's a lot to mull over and I'm really focused on figuring out how to make enough money to buy that new Tesla roadster when they become available.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
As for the rehearsal kiss, you've got her account that he used rehearsal of a kiss from the skit (that actually turned out to be a not-kiss when they performed it) as a pretense to kiss her. That would certainly be sleazy if true.

The picture was not what I was referring to but it was the account quoted above. If true he is a slime and needs to resign.

I don't know how this situation can progress beyond that. She had an account of things, he's saying that isn't how he remembers it and there were no witnesses. At this point, I think moderates are waiting to see if anyone else comes forward with similar allegations. Melanie Morgan's claim wasn't sexual in nature. Just that he was obsessed with winning this political argument basically.

A lot of these are he said she said which is why many people who experience assault are unwilling to come forward and I totally empathize with them.

The topic is a minefield. I think most reasonable people want to give alleged victims every benefit of the doubt but at the same time, reasonable people also don't want to see the lives or reputations of accused people ruined on the basis of an allegation alone. How dangerous is that?

I haven't read his reply on whether he did what she alleged, but if he did they he is also a sexual assaulter taking advantage of his position and needs to resign.

The upshot here is that imo, if no other allegations of improper conduct come to light, this will blow over. The accuser has accepted his apology, said she perceived it as heartfelt and isn't calling for him to step down.

Whether she wants him to step down or not is irrelevant in my opinion.

It's a lot to mull over and I'm really focused on figuring out how to make enough money to buy that new Tesla roadster when they become available.

I agree, there is quite a bit going on with these allegations, I'm sure some are in fact false but I tend to think many are true.

I'm holding out for the Lambo hybrid before I go electric.

edit on 17-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So this is your second thread to defend a dirty politician who got caught mistreating women... Just because he's a Democrat.

You're as bad as some of the posters from the other side of the isle here.

So if you defend a Democrat who groped a woman, how many progressive points do you get? That was kind of rhetorical seeing as if you're "progressive" you can grope as long as you apologize.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Exactly. Jeez, I watched the Colbert show hang Franken out to dry yesterday and a couple of weeks ago he was a hero on the same show.

It's all so fickle and hypocritical...and judgemental.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump never assaulted anyone, he made an off color comment to another man related to something similar to the popular female coloquialism of "grabbing a man by the balls." Ailes and BillO??? Seriously? Very few of us gave any damns when they went down the drain. Those who supported Trump saw them as the wolves in Conservative clothing they were and said as much long before the allegations against them appeared.

Huh? You know for a fact that all of the dozen or so accusers were lying? Sure thing. Also, wtf are you talking about regarding the Access Hollywood tape? That has to be one of the least based in reality defenses I've read. Now "they let you do anything. Grab em by the p#" is the male equivalent of a fictional colloquialism you made up?

I'm familiar with variants of "by the balls" and as in "had him by the balls" but that's not something said exclusively or even mostly by females. You're trying way too hard. Also, when people say "had him by the balls" they are speaking metaphorically. Trump was literally talking about grabbing women by their genitals. Jesus.

The rest of that? Yawn.

Roger Ailes went straight from Fox News to the Trump campaign. Trump defended him publicly. Show me where you called out Trump about it once, please. There may have been some mutterings but it wasn't anything to write home about.

And O'Reilly? I saw tons of support for O'Reilly. TONS. Including, once again, form Donald Trump who said his he didn't believe his pal did anything wrong. He said, and I quote, "I don't think Bill did anything wrong." Doesn't seem that chief Trumpkin Hannity thought O'Reilly did anything wrong either.

I guess if it ever comes out that Hannity sexually harassed/assaulted any women, after months of him being defended, you'll probably be saying similar things about how that didn't happen either.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Also this:

"No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. ... ‘Is everyone OK?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that."

Nothing scummy about that guy. Really hard to believe he'd do anything untoward as he repeatedly brags about how he gets away with it.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump never assaulted anyone, he made an off color comment to another man related to something similar to the popular female coloquialism of "grabbing a man by the balls." Ailes and BillO??? Seriously? Very few of us gave any damns when they went down the drain. Those who supported Trump saw them as the wolves in Conservative clothing they were and said as much long before the allegations against them appeared.

Huh? You know for a fact that all of the dozen or so accusers were lying? Sure thing. Also, wtf are you talking about regarding the Access Hollywood tape? That has to be one of the least based in reality defenses I've read. Now "they let you do anything. Grab em by the p#" is the male equivalent of a fictional colloquialism you made up?

I'm familiar with variants of "by the balls" and as in "had him by the balls" but that's not something said exclusively or even mostly by females. You're trying way too hard. Also, when people say "had him by the balls" they are speaking metaphorically. Trump was literally talking about grabbing women by their genitals. Jesus.

You're also the individual who claimed to have spent lots of time in male lockerrooms and claimed Trump's comments weren't lockerroom talk... something anyone who has actually been in a lockerroom as a player will damn sure tell you you're wrong about. Madonna can say "If you're a strong woman, fame, power, money, then you've got the men by the balls" and receive a plethora of "You go, sister!" hen cackles from far and wide.

Roger Ailes went straight from Fox News to the Trump campaign. Trump defended him publicly. Show me where you called out Trump about it once, please.

What childish horsecrap is this? Did you just play the "you're either vocally against it or you're for it, silence equals consent" card? Hmm...

And O'Reilly? I saw tons of support for O'Reilly.

Didja? Did the fact that most conservatives didn't defend nor care for O'Reily after watching his kiss Obama's ass for 6 months to get a softball interview with him slip past your radar somehow? Simple fact of politics here, O'Reily didn't look like he was going anywhere... he held his program through the majority of the accusations and was still among the most watched on FOX. What dumbass would burn such a bridge if said bridge was being crossed over by their own supporters? The centrist voters were watching The Factor every night, why in the blue hell would Trump, or any politician, throw shade on him when they knew he had the power to influence potentially fence sitting voters one way or the other?

I guess if it ever comes out that Hannity sexually harassed/assaulted any women, after months of him being defended, you'll probably be saying similar things about how that didn't happen either.

I'm sure the Democrats are busy writing scripts and looking for actresses to deliver their lines while they stand next to Gloria Alred, accusing Hannity of something as we sit here.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What is significant is that DESPITE proof Franken did do some something wrong, there is significant evidence he's a smarter and WISER man today.

Smart wise men don't go in to politics.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Look out !!

Here come the living testimonials just in time.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Too bad so sad but the pictures don't lie, but you do, op.

Oh and what happened to all those fake actress accusers of Donald Trump right before the election?

They're nowhere to be found.

That's because they were actresses. Every last one of them.

Nice try but we've all read Alinsky too and we know what you're up to.

And finally, Frankenstein hiding in his office for the last few days not even coming down to vote, not even coming down to do his job, just shows how much Integrity he really has, according to you.

This has to be a troll post, op. Because nobody in their right mind would actually think that Frankenstein has any integrity. People with Integrity don't hide in their offices. Frankenstein is a p*ssy that not even Trump himself would want to grope.
edit on 17-11-2017 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Also this:

"No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. ... ‘Is everyone OK?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that."

Nothing scummy about that guy. Really hard to believe he'd do anything untoward as he repeatedly brags about how he gets away with it.
you would do it too if you had the chance and you know it. So quit acting holier than thou. 😄

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So this is your second thread to defend a dirty politician who got caught mistreating women... Just because he's a Democrat.

You're as bad as some of the posters from the other side of the isle here.

So if you defend a Democrat who groped a woman, how many progressive points do you get? That was kind of rhetorical seeing as if you're "progressive" you can grope as long as you apologize.

Yes they will scream from the rooftops from their moral High Ground, LOL, about someone who joked about it years ago but didn't actually do it. But when someone's caught and busted cold with photographs who actually did it, they come out of the woodwork to defend him simply because he's a Democrat. These people have no shame.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Despite what you and Trump would like, they are not gone. They are still trying to get justice.

Donald Trump’s Sexual Assault Accusers Demand Justice in the #MeToo Era: ‘We Were Forgotten’

Their stories — like the harrowing one PEOPLE writer Natasha Stoynoff shared of Trump allegedly attacking her in 2005 by pushing her up against a wall at Mar-a- Lago and shoving his tongue down her throat — are backed up in most cases by co-workers, friends or family members.

That blast off may come with help from a defamation lawsuit filed by Summer Zervos, a former Apprentice contestant who has alleged Trump began kissing her very aggressively and put his hand on her breast without her consent in 2007. Zervos filed the suit after Trump repeatedly called his accusers liars. Through her attorney, Gloria Allred, she declined to be interviewed for this story. Norm Eisen, former chief White House ethics lawyer for President Barack Obama, says the lawsuit is “critically important” because “the president’s alleged offenses against women, of sexual harassment, sexual assault, are very serious, much more serious than many of those that have resulted in people losing their jobs.

Gretchen Carlson rips Trump for attacking Franken: What about your accusers?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan

Yes they will scream from the rooftops from their moral High Ground, LOL, about someone who joked about it years ago but didn't actually do it. But when someone's caught and busted cold with photographs who actually did it, they come out of the woodwork to defend him simply because he's a Democrat. These people have no shame.

Says the person who just called Trump's accusers "fake actress accusers".

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Also this:

you would do it too if you had the chance and you know it. So quit acting holier than thou. 😄

That all depends.....seems there are a lot of men out there who consume so much soy product that their testosterone levels are in the 2 to 4 hundred range. Also know as "Soy Boys"....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Despite what you think, there are men out there who are not creepy old men trying to catch teenage girls dressing. Are you one of those?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You're also the individual who claimed to have spent lots of time in male lockerrooms and claimed Trump's comments weren't lockerroom talk... something anyone who has actually been in a lockerroom as a player will damn sure tell you you're wrong about.

I don't know how things were for you back in the 60s at Rapeville High School for Celebrities but I can guarantee that back here in the real world, where we actually live, nobody in the average locker room is talking about how they can sexually assault women because they're "a star."

Lmao. "Claimed." Are you doubting that I played sports? What are you 10? How about this. If I prove my "claim" you resign your mod post?

Madonna can say "If you're a strong woman, fame, power, money, then you've got the men by the balls" and receive a plethora of "You go, sister!" hen cackles from far and wide.

Again, when she's says "by the balls" she's speaking metaphorically. What Trump said was literal.

What childish horsecrap is this? Did you just play the "you're either vocally against it or you're for it, silence equals consent" card? Hmm...

Not all. You made a bull# claim of your own volition:

Ailes and BillO??? Seriously? Very few of us gave any damns when they went down the drain. Those who supported Trump saw them as the wolves in Conservative clothing they were and said as much long before the allegations against them appeared.

You're not going to deny that now are you? I mean, you're making spurious claims, being entirely disingenuous — clearly you're not above denying having said what you just said. Right?

You said that. It was bull#. I told you why it was bull#. Now you're trying to weasel out with some other nonsense.

Didja? Did the fact that most conservatives didn't defend nor care for O'Reily after watching his kiss Obama's ass for 6 months to get a softball interview with him slip past your radar somehow?

I'm sure the Democrats are busy writing scripts and looking for actresses to deliver their lines while they stand next to Gloria Alred, accusing Hannity of something as we sit here.

And there it is. Your opinions when it comes to allegations of sexual assault/harassment are based entirely on politics. You're okay with O'Reilly being guilty because he's not ideologically pure enough for you. Trump you just somehow know is innocent. If anyone alleges anything about Hannity, it's made up. And so on?

Like I said from the jump, Trumpkins pretending to gaf about sexual assault is laughable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join