It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female ex-Franken staffers: 'He treated us with the utmost respect'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well it would appear that the hopeful conservative plot to use Al Franken as a distraction from Moore is fizzling...!

Seven former female staffers have stepped forward to defend their former employer/boss!

A group of seven female former staffers for Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) are defending their ex-boss in a statement as he tries to weather the backlash the day after a woman accused him of sexual misconduct.

What is significant is that DESPITE proof Franken did do some something wrong, there is significant evidence he's a smarter and WISER man today. Moore? Not so much.

The women's statement goes on to say:

"Many of us spent years working for Senator Franken in Minnesota and Washington. In our time working for the senator, he treated us with the utmost respect," the group said in a Friday statement.

"He valued our work and our opinions and was a champion for women in both the legislation he supported and in promoting women to leadership roles in our offices," they continued.

We aren't hearing things like THIS coming from Moore's people...

Perhaps it's BECAUSE of how Franken handled things, and who he is NOW as a person?

“I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences,” Franken said. “I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.”

It would SEEM this plan to smear Franken and distract the public has truly backfired on Republicans...BIG TIME.
edit on 17-11-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Another working day begins.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Well it would appear that the hopeful conservative plot to use Al Franken as a distraction from Moore is fizzling...!

Seven former female staffers have stepped forward to defend their former employer/boss!

A group of seven female former staffers for Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) are defending their ex-boss in a statement as he tries to weather the backlash the day after a woman accused him of sexual misconduct.

What is significant is that DESPITE proof Franken did do some something wrong, there is significant evidence he's a smarter and WISER man today. Moore? Not so much.

"Many of us spent years working for Senator Franken in Minnesota and Washington. In our time working for the senator, he treated us with the utmost respect," the group said in a Friday statement.

"He valued our work and our opinions and was a champion for women in both the legislation he supported and in promoting women to leadership roles in our offices," they continued.

Perhaps it's BECAUSE of how Franken handled things, and who he is NOW as a person?

“I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences,” Franken said. “I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.”

It would SEEM this plan to smear Franken and distract the public has truly backfired on Republicans...BIG TIME.

So what is the ratio? How many women do you have to be respectful to in order to be able to get away with one assault? Is it a definitive number or does it just matter if there is a D next to your name?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

So what is the ratio? How many women do you have to be respectful to in order to be able to get away with one assault? Is it a definitive number or does it just matter if there is a D next to your name?

Ask Trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Where you go wrong is pretending that sexual assault cases should be compared to other cases.

Each is unique, and should be taken on the merits of the case and extenuating circumstances should always be considered in that individual case.

Yes, Al Franken did something unacceptable (well, some THINGS unacceptable, if claims are to be believed), but he does seem to be sincere in his apology. But Franken also has some pretty disgusting things surrounding comedy skits in his past other than these incidents with Tweeden.

Maybe he is a changed man, and I hope that he is, but comparing him to Moore does nothing constructive--changed man or not, Franken did what he did, and there was no excuse for violating Leeann Tweeden the way that he apparently did. Good if he's changed, bad for what he did do.

Again, bringing Moore into the discussion of this case does nothing. Politicizing this incident does nothing. Your entire OP does nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How is it a Conservative plot when it appeared on the front page of the Washington Post? Does this mean the reporter he allegedly assaulted is lying and working for the Republicans?

edit on 17-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

We aren't hearing things like THIS coming from Moore's people..

Yes, there are people saying similar things in support of Moore. Do you believe them and now think Moore is innocent?

I might add, it is a bit disturbing how supportive of Franken you are. Oh, I get it, he said sorry in a very nice way.

Sorry I sexually harassed/assaulted you, I feel soooooo bad (about getting caught).

All aboard the hypocrisy train CHOO CHOO!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I believe what the OP may be referring to are the questions about how Roger Stone knew the night before that she was going to make her allegations. Also, there's some suggesting that Melanie Morgan, co-founder of "Media Equalizer" (which is supposed to be the right-wing equivalent of Media Matters but even more openly biased and with the added feel of fake news that Trumpkins love) was already prepared to launch her own claims about Al Franken as part of some sort of coordinated effort.

Morgan's claims fizzled pretty quickly as she basically claimed that after an episode of Politically Incorrect where both were members of the panel, Franken was heated back stage — arguing numbers — and she felt physically intimidated. Also according to her, 2-3 times after that exchange, he called her at home to continue the debate which made her feel "stalked."

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

YOU mean he didn't MOLEST every woman he's ever come in contact with? That's unprecedented for any man accused of sexually inappropriate and unwanted contact with a female!

Oh, wait... no, that's not right at all. Just because a piece of dogcrap is polite to 99 women, does it excuse him for violating that 1 out of 100? I think not, but YMMV depending on your agenda and your level of respect for both women and the meaning of the word "no," I reckon.
edit on 17-11-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

All aboard the hypocrisy train CHOO CHOO!

I happen to have a picture of that train!

Trump supporters talking about sexual assault like they gaf, after they defended Trump, Ailes, O'Reilly, etc is pretty laughable.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I believe what the OP may be referring to are the questions about how Roger Stone knew the night before that she was going to make her allegations. Also, there's some suggesting that Melanie Morgan, co-founder of "Media Equalizer" (which is supposed to be the right-wing equivalent of Media Matters but even more openly biased and with the added feel of fake news that Trumpkins love) was already prepared to launch her own claims about Al Franken as part of some sort of coordinated effort.

Morgan's claims fizzled pretty quickly as she basically claimed that after an episode of Politically Incorrect where both were members of the panel, Franken was heated back stage — arguing numbers — and she felt physically intimidated. Also according to her, 2-3 times after that exchange, he called her at home to continue the debate which made her feel "stalked."

All that aside there is still the existing allegation which, if true, makes him a scumbag.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump never assaulted anyone, he made an off color comment to another man related to something similar to the popular female coloquialism of "grabbing a man by the balls." Ailes and BillO??? Seriously? Very few of us gave any damns when they went down the drain. Those who supported Trump saw them as the wolves in Conservative clothing they were and said as much long before the allegations against them appeared.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump supporters talking about sexual assault like they gaf, after they defended Trump, Ailes, O'Reilly, etc is pretty laughable.

I'm not a Trump supporter.

As far as the allegations for all of those, I believe they are likely guilty as well, however the timing of Trump's accusers were too convenient and quietly slipped away when their allegations did nothing to hinder his campaign, so while I don't discount them, I'm highly suspect of them.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It’s a shame this has turned into a political football.

The right are inclined to defend their right-wingers when they get accused and the left defend their left-wingers when they get accused

Not always of course, but its natural to do this sometimes, but now its no longer wise to politicize this

The voters at the time of Clinton should were wise enough to understand it wasn’t the democrats so they should have got rid of Clinton and maybe Gore would have beat Bush.

Right now, though, at least Franken admits his sin but the fool in Alabama and the fool in the white house are still playing politics with this, and they are likely as guilty as Franken or even more so.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

YOU mean he didn't MOLEST every woman he's ever come in contact with? That's unprecedented for any man accused of sexually inappropriate and unwanted contact with a female!

Oh, wait... no, that's not right at all. Just because a piece of dogcrap is polite to 99 women, does it excuse him for violating that 1 out of 100? I think not, but YMMV depending on your agenda and your level of respect for both women and the meaning of the word "no," I reckon.

I had a BET going on when you'd show up! No lie!!!!

I'm not sure if I should be concerned or flattered that you appear in nearly every thread I post before the 3rd page. It's a trend myself and others have started to notice!

A fan perhaps? I'll go with that!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There are pictures. Stop.
edit on 17-11-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You can find people who will say good things about every molester. No surprise.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Lol, ease up on the kool aid.
🍷

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Ask Trump supporters.

Awww, did you come up with that all by yourself? Well, I'll go ahead and put this on the refrigerator with all the macaroni art and other things that second graders do.

So, you can be added to the 'assault is fine if you say sorry and share my views' crew roster? It's a very exlusive list.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's difficult not to rubberneck a spectacle. Car crashes, midgets, fat women with beards, people wearing their underwear outside their clothes, DanteGaland threads... all things I admit I can't turn my sight away from for long. My morbid curiosity gets the better of me.

So, who won that bet?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join