It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Sold For Sex On The Streets Of Govanhill Glasgow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Not entirely. You're implying that if the parents didn't sell the children then there would be no pedophilia.

That is an absolute fallacy.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yep, the kids in the OP wouldn't be raped if the parents didn't sell them out as the original post intimates.
No drug dealers = no addicts
No pimp parents = no Govanhill kids being sold for sex

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I think we all agree it's horrible.

The issue is the sun wrote the story like it was a Roma problem. Which in this case, yes. But it's not exclusively a Roma problem.

There were 3 white british men today in the news who kidnapped a child and sold her for sex for a week until she escaped and called the police.

This wasn't reported as a 'White british problem', in the same way that story was reported as a 'Roma problem'.

So you see why I was concerned about the racism of the original story?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Nope you invented that, I am solely implying and asserting that these specific kids in Govanhill wouldn't be sold for sex if they had decent parents.
Quote my exact words and refrain from giving them added value with your imagination.

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Concerns noted, hence the reason i do not wish the thread to become a racial debate thus detract from the real issue at hand.

The story is covered in a few Newspapers, i actually only used the Sun because it let you view the entirety or of the article without requesting a subscription or the like, poor choice on my part i suppose.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You said the blame was solely on the parents. They are probably desperate people and if there was no market for their daughters then they wouldn't even have an option for a quick buck.

You make it sound one sided.

Tell me. If you bought a child slave and got caught, would you testify in a court of law that it was the parents fault?
edit on 17-11-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Quote me, I didn't say 'solely the blame of parents' you imagined that again.
You sound like you are justifying the parents for extenuating circumstances.

Your question is ridiculous as well because I would never buy a slave of any kind so I am unable to assume the mindset of people who do.
Scum parents, but defend them if you wish.
edit on 17-11-2017 by TJames because: clarity

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

The parents in this case are the root problem though.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I didn't defend the parents. Who's putting words in whose mouths?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The kids are apparently being pimped out by the parents, and as primary carers being parents yes I stand by that regarding the specific kids in the OP.
They are the root problem for these poor kids.
How you disagree I can only imagine.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I didn't defend the parents. Who's putting words in whose mouths?

You mentioned possible extenuating circumstances to explain their alleged behaviour.
Kinda shocked me to be honest, excuses for pimp parents.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ancient history really!
Sad, shocking, shameful, no doubt but nothing new to those who have them on the doorstep.

Not just kids, they will sell anything alive or dead, including their wives.
A grant for lets say a new pram etc, turns out to be a Mothercare voucher and not cash. They buy the item then down the local boozer and sell the items for cash. Wives have been offered for rent as well, shouldnt come as a surprise, their reputation was well known before they arrived.

Remember those you saw on holiday flushing the kids out and herding them back in at night after a days begging?
Seen a few get a hefty smack for poor takings some days. I have also heard some other stories that I cant print, simply because I have no proof.

I live in a run-down area of Glasgow and have seen them all since it started with people displaced by the Balkans wars. Decent, if a little strangely dressed, people. But like all the rest, when the freebies dry up, they move on to richer pastures...London.

Plenty of room here for genuine cases only!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Tend to agree with that assessment.

End of the day "we are all Jock Tamson bairns" and no child no mater there ethnicity should be allowed to be molested or sold for sexual gratification, in what is supposedly a first world nation.

Equality, or lack off, is a contributing factor all the same.

Tell you this, if this had been happening just off the likes of say Byers Road over in the West End of the city Police and other applicable agencies would have been in there like swimwear, and investigating in no time sharp.
edit on 17-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Mmhm.

edit on 17-11-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Do you remember the TV interview where the trendies were decrying the state of accomodation in Sighthill and that it wasnt fit for human occupation. An old girl piped up that she had been living there since they were built Andy.
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I agree with that.

There are simply no extenuating circumstance where beasts, pedos, or child prostitution is concerned, not here, not now, and not ever!

It's more than just the parents that are a fault all the same, that's a given really.

edit on 17-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What does that mean?
Do you deny you went down the extenuating circumstances road when discussing the parents roles in this tragic story?
...and yes that shocked me.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ClydeBuilt

I do remember that indeed.

"No mean city" my arse, this place, as any Glaswegian knows, has its fair share of problems.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

They are probably desperate people and if there was no market for their daughters then they wouldn't even have an option for a quick buck.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join