It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten most advanced robots on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The odd combination of the words ‘advanced’ and ‘robotics’ rings into anyone’s minds an exoskeleton walking around with a Gatling gun randomly enslaving the human populace. Though such a terminator like robot domination scenario is not entirely impossible, at present robots are nothing but harmless little droid doing their part in making our lives much easier. While some of them travel to places one thought to be impossible for human exploration such as the mars rovers, others stay in murky workshops of large factories ensuring that you get the best quality products. But whatever it is that they may be doing, they surely are evolving and are getting good at it. So now let’s take a look on how far these amazing electronic controlled contraptions have progressed and what are the current top 10 most advanced robots.

listcrown.com...

Ok, so we are talking the best of the best in so far as declassified technology.

The Cheetah robot by far is my favorite.

Do you believe you can outrun a robot? Well if you do, then you need take a look at this new invention from Boston Dynamics. Dubbed as the cheetah robot, it’s got a pretty good reason to bear such a title, because at present it is the fastest robot ever created. Though it can’t clock a 100Kmph as the original animal it derives its name from, it sure can outrun even the fastest runners, averaging at a speed of 45Kmph. And it can do it for large sustained periods of time thanks to its efficient inbuilt hydraulic pumps. So if a robot apocalypse ever comes, running may not be the best option against this one

Same link as above.

Thoughts?

edit on 17-11-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai
Google pretty much dominates the entire Western Hemisphere in that market, with its holdings under parent ABC including Boston Dynamics of course.

Samuel Jackson pitched for them in the last Robocop reboot. Perhaps 20th Century FOX got some money from Google to pitch the age of robots to a new audience??

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Ok, seriously you got two Cheetah robots, programmed to defend your house.

How well do you sleep at night under such, circumstances?

Seriously what if they were augmented with facial recognition technology?

edit on 17-11-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Ok, seriously you got two Cheetah robots, programmed to defend your house.

How well do you sleep at night under such, circumstances?

Seriously what if they were augmented with facial recognition technology?

Perhaps thieves would try to distract them with a mouse?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

No way man, that's just asking for hackers to show up when the local news tells the world your the first one in your state with them. They get taken for an overnight crime spree while your asleep, and you spend the next few days with little sleep at all sorting all the paperwork.

I'll stick to a real dog (alarm) and a gun if its ok with liberals who will no doubt push for robots as societies great salvation from violence in the coming years.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Boston Dynamics is making epic strides in their robotics developments. In the below video their latest creation Atlas walks right out the door and into the woods. The only thing it is missing is the weapon. Which you know BD has already tested it with weapons but we won't see any of those videos.

And here is the latest update on Atlas doing back flips already. We are well past the "creepy" and "scary" point now. This is getting into weaponized robotics now. Boston Dynamics isn't making these things to move inventory in a warehouse either. These are military bound.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

The further we progress the more science fiction films become warnings of the future , Atlas is either a cool piece of kit or an early step down a troubling road.
Military I can see but also a RoboCop for the not to distant future , with no coffee and doughnuts to weigh it down who would want that hot on their heels ?

Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

There was quite a bit of wobble going on when it landed that backflip, I'd give it a 7.2

Seriously that is quite a leap in terms of how they are progressing.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sounds like cause to marvel in our own magnificence. We need an app showing via GPS in our phones the nearest roboboots we can go and lick. As if there arent enough people without a career worth looking forward to. Do you worry about the well being of the bacteria on the botton of your shoe?

Etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Boston Dynamics is making epic strides in their robotics developments. In the below video their latest creation Atlas walks right out the door and into the woods. The only thing it is missing is the weapon. Which you know BD has already tested it with weapons but we won't see any of those videos.

And here is the latest update on Atlas doing back flips already. We are well past the "creepy" and "scary" point now. This is getting into weaponized robotics now. Boston Dynamics isn't making these things to move inventory in a warehouse either. These are military bound.

That's pretty well advanced, hilarious too..he/she should stay off the poteen though..especially in the snow...the knees are well scuffed. It reminds me of the time a gang of us came out of a shebeen into an ice world outside..once we made it down the stairs, I was at the very back, and all I could hear was all these bodies splattering to the ground.
Not one of the dozen or more us got more than one step out of the door before hitting the deck, nor could anybody get up!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This is getting into weaponized robotics now

who could have guessed right?
*facepalm* humans!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In my Internet wandering the other day I chanced upon a whole batch of websites devoted to robotics and Arduino programming. This is one of those cases where I know that this stuff is going on, but it's still surprising to see how many people -- including lots of kids -- are working as hard and as fast as they can to come up with fantastic robotic machines. This is also moving forward quickly thanks to the ongoing development of 3-D printing, which makes putting together the android of your choice much less of a chore than hand-machining each individual part.

The pieces are coming together quickly.
edit on 17-11-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is it a pet or a smart bomb with legs?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Hey look on the bright side. By the time we get to invading Iran, it probably will look like it did in the latest Robocop, which means our human loss will be negligible.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Anyone see the robot that just got Saudi citizenship?

Some female looking robot.

Which is odd in itself, I think.

I like the doggie one.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Watch this craziness

Slaughterbots....There are many sources but this was the first choice...sorry..

www.disclose.tv...

top topics

join