It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress owes taxpayers answers about its harassment 'shush' fund

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

So it made me wonder about something, do people get into politics and just become child molesters and sexual predators? Or are pedophiles chosen and groomed for positions of power because those in power know that if these people for whatever reason can't be bribed, then they can surely be blackmailed?

IMO, the latter.

The FBI is more than law enforcement. J. Edgar Hoover turned it into a blackmail clearing-house, and I believe it is still such even today. It is used to keep dirt on politicians so they can be forced when necessary into voting a certain way. The dirtier the politician, the more easily they can be persuaded and the more attractive they are to TPTB.

Any politician who achieves public support in the lower levels of government is investigated and the dirt the FBI finds is cataloged and kept. As the politicians rise to the Federal level, there is plenty of information to work from, and the lure of lobbyists is so strong that they tend to succumb... and as long as they don't rock the boat, they can get away with it.

That's why Trump is hated. He didn't come up through political circles. He came up through reality TV, and he was already wealthy and powerful before that even. There was no real dirt on him in the FBI's database and that made him uncontrollable... and extremely dangerous in charge of the FBI.

That's why Jeff Sessions was demonized. As Attorney General, he is in more direct control of the FBI. I'm sure there's dirt on him, but there's also a distinct possibility that he will side with Trump in cleaning the swamp. After all, this is the man who stood up in the US Senate and chewed out the rest of Congress, including his own party, on more than one occasion.

That's why James Comey was fired. What was said publicly was an excuse... the real reason was that Trump wanted access to the wealth of information on the DC political operatives, and waited until Comey was far out of state and completely taken by surprise when it happened.

That's why Moore is being attacked so vociferously by both sides. There's not enough dirt on him, so some has to be manufactured to keep him in Alabama.

And that's why there are renewed efforts to impeach Trump. He's getting too close. Weinstein was a financial player and his disgrace has caused financial problems in the DNC. Finance (bribery) keeps the wheels of corruption moving smoothly, and that finance is drying up.

That's also why we are seeing agreement between Democrats and Republicans, not on legislation of course, but on matters pertaining to those mentioned above. They're circling the wagons and on certain issues can no longer do their choreographed fight scenes. The fact that both sides of that semi-existent aisle are agreeing on things like Franken and Moore tells me they are circling the wagons while they try to keep up the illusion of opposition on the bills that are moving through.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

People aren't upset about this because they really don't care if women get assaulted by members of their own party.

Sexual assault is just a partisan tool used to attack your opponent.

That definitely seems to be the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There's not much we can do about what's already happened, maybe there is something we can do about a tax dollar, don't ask don't tell fund...that we pay for...when they are found Out...congressman so and so grabs a lady's ass...that's OK pay them with the( tax player HUSH slush fund )....

edit on 17-11-2017 by THEREDUNDANT1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's why Jeff Sessions was demonized. As Attorney General, he is in more direct control of the FBI. I'm sure there's dirt on him, but there's also a distinct possibility that he will side with Trump in cleaning the swamp. After all, this is the man who stood up in the US Senate and chewed out the rest of Congress, including his own party, on more than one occasion.

I'm not a big fan of many of Sessions policies and viewpoints, but I can look past his shortcomings in those departments if he really is helping to drain the swamp. (ass deep in alligators no less).

They're circling the wagons and on certain issues can no longer do their choreographed fight scenes. The fact that both sides of that semi-existent aisle are agreeing on things like Franken and Moore tells me they are circling the wagons while they try to keep up the illusion of opposition on the bills that are moving through.

If people would just realize these two sentences you posted......

There is alot of information coming from the political circles that just reek of desperation from the establishment. To me anyway.
edit on 17-11-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wow Scandal...

Hmmm, maybe there is a Storm a'brewin??

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Who out there thinks it isn't a swamp?

It's a Den of Vipers!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I understand why this was created, however, at the expense of taxpayer dollars I disagree with it. There are people in DC who seek to undermine their political opponents via false sexual harassment claims. However, I think it only fair that anyone who is using these tax payer dollars to settle claims against them should have their names published.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yeah ... the contents of the US Congress these days have a lot in common with the contents of a used toilet.

I just wish Congress had a flush lever.

Hearing information like this ... I would certainly like to pull it!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
just settle down everybody. Nobody is going to do anything and no one will serve any jail time or face consequences.

Our society is now a bunch of collective pussies who are more concerned with picking a side and then assigning blame to the other side - like that has any effect on anything. Politards is what i like to call em. Don't think or act for yourself or your neighbor. Let your affiliations do it for you, right?
Besides - I'm sure our country as a whole is more concerned with who's winning American Idol or what gender Bruce Jenner is this week.

Nothing to see here....move along

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Update:

Ryan: Congress will stop using taxpayer dollars to settle harassment claims

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Wednesday that Congress plans to stop using taxpayer dollars to settle sexual harassment cases against lawmakers.

On Wisconsin’s WISN Radio’s “The Jay Weber Show,” Ryan said that congressional committees are currently at work on a “wholesale reform package” for sexual misconduct procedures.

Ryan added that he agrees with Weber’s assertion that using taxpayer dollars to settle harassment claims is “indefensible.”

The House and Senate have both voted to mandate sexual harassment training for members and staff, and both bodies are pushing for reforms in how Congress deals with sexual harassment.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That's a good start. They should also let us know who the perpetrators and victims were for all past payouts

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I agree completely. That's how you really "drain a swamp".

ETA: Though I wouldn't take this to heart until the programs are actually implemented. Far too often they'll make proud proclamations in order to placate the public, but then they'll go right back to what they were previously doing once the public stops paying attention.
edit on 13-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Good. Now I want the names of every member of congress who ever used this fund to pay off harassment or assault claims.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You can email your request to the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan at this page on his official site:

paulryan.house.gov...

And here are the 2 pages where you can contact the Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell (from his official site):

www.mcconnell.senate.gov...

www.mcconnell.senate.gov...

They're the top guys in the House of Representatives & Senate, so they'd have the most ability to complete your request.
edit on 13-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarified

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well, I wasn't asking you for the information. Merely making a statement.

Luckily I get extra credit in my government class when I write letters to assho...Ahem! I mean politicians.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Any DC critter that paid hush money out of tax payer funds needs to be thrown out, republican democrat I do not care they should not be using tax money to cover up their antics.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Any DC critter that paid hush money out of tax payer funds needs to be thrown out, republican democrat I do not care they should not be using tax money to cover up their antics.

In fact that is the sentiment I just shared with Speaker Ryan. Who will likely never see the letter. But I sent it.

We cannot be represented in good faith, on either side of the isle, if this collective breakdown of basic decency goes unpunished and those guilty go unidentified.

I'm ready for the political consequences, whatever they may be, to get rid of this hive of scum.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Slight Update:

2 weeks ago, current Senator and former Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine requested information from the Office of Compliance. This included the names, claims, and settlement amounts for the Senators who had cases of sexual misconduct settled by this fund. Later sources (like the 2nd link in this post) say he was going to make the info public.

On Thursday, Senator Tim Kaine tweeted images of his letter requesting information on the number of harassment claims and settlements raised in the Senate, as well as the amount of money spent on those settlements.

Key quote: "Senator Franken made the right decision today, but the Senate has so much more work to do — from releasing info on harassment claims and settlements, to fixing broken policies to foster safe work environments and ensure harassers are held accountable. Let's get to work," Kaine tweeted following Sen. Al Franken's resignation announcement.

Kaine demands data on Senate harassment claims & settlements

Well, yesterday his request was rejected.

The Office of Compliance has rejected Sen. Tim Kaine's request for information about the number of sexual harassment claims made against members in the Senate and money spent on settlements, citing the Congressional Accountability Act's confidentiality requirements.

Kaine, who had promised to make the information public, tweeted: “Very disappointing. If we truly want to fix the broken system on the Hill, we need to understand the scope of the problem."

Tim Kaine’s request for sexual harassment data was rejected

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join