It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress owes taxpayers answers about its harassment 'shush' fund

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

I'm glad someone posted this ( CW ) now..... here's hoping every tax payer on ATS Reads It....?

It seems that unless you make a thread that can quickly devolve into a Left/Right political discussion then people aren't as interested.

I miss the old ATS where the Republicrats and Demopublicans were accepted as being two sides of the same coin. Rarely were there 20 page thread arguments over politics back in the day.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

...and as always the public remains silent. We're our own worst enemy when it comes to not using our voices to condemn this! It's like the fox guarding the hen house. These representatives are elected by the PEOPLE. They work for us and should be accountable to us, not their fellow colleagues. Our entire system is corrupt.

+1 for this.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yeah this is effing lame.

Boozed up the other night I had a mini meltdown over this very issue. Havent been drinking much the past 6 months but I've been increasingly perceptive over threads not getting any jazz if it doesn't provide clear divisive rank and file stokings.

Makes me really question how many people left around here arent amongst the shills.

A bunch of sheep none the less. This is supposed to be ATS damnit.

You did get enough flags to see this on the front page at least, the only other way is lots of comments which this would have failed at that.

Gawd forbid everyone get together on any issue.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Why are we so incapable of organizing against these people? Why do we let them walk all over us like this? Is there truly no straw strong enough, is our ability to just lie there and take it up the ass really that strong?

panem et circenses...

That is why.

Bread and circuses... and there are a lot of rings to this circus.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Agreed, I said it yesterday in a thread ( it shouldn't matter what side of the political aisle you hang your hat on ) some things we should stand strong together.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

People aren't upset about this because they really don't care if women get assaulted by members of their own party.

Sexual assault is just a partisan tool used to attack your opponent.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Why are we so incapable of organizing against these people? Why do we let them walk all over us like this? Is there truly no straw strong enough, is our ability to just lie there and take it up the ass really that strong?

Because people have bought into the con that the only way its worth doing or saying anything about anything is if there are clearly defined social tribal group dynamics behind very specific leadership elements, whom we are supposed to defend with our own integrity. Sheeple Syndrome.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Sexual assault is one thing. PAYING HUSH MONEY TAX DOLLARS IS ANOTHER!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEREDUNDANT1

The Sexual assault is one thing. PAYING HUSH MONEY TAX DOLLARS IS ANOTHER!!!

The fact that our "leaders" need a hush fund is disgusting in of itself.

No other corporation or governing body that I'm aware of has a free fund to silence/pay off people who are victims of sexual assault.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Agreed. Its almost like people would rather fight and argue.

But, as another poster pointed out, at least this shows that Congress IS capable of working together and being non partisan when it comes to covering their own arses.

Now if they would just show the same incentives for us little guys, the people they are supposed to represent.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My favorite part is the "Office of Compliance" NuSpeak. As if it was set up to get these bastards in line. Instead it was to keep them under the radar.

Effing classic!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think there's a more sobering reason why there isn't a big outrage about this: people simply aren't against sexual harassment/sexual assault/molestation as much as they claim to be.

Every single demographic on Earth has a large problem with rapes and molestations against women and kids. That problem might be taboo to be spoken about in public, but it's still there. This problem exists in various militaries, including the sexual assault epidemic in the US military. It exists among many police departments, including various policing institutions and officers who've been accused of rape/molestation, etc. It exists in Hollywood, in political circles, in sports recruitment, in religious institutions (from the Catholic Church's multi-decade pedophilia atrocity to the Afghan Muslim child sex slave scandal), etc. It happens in workplaces and it even happens in family environments.

Somebody's committing these crimes and it's not ghosts or aliens. It's actual human beings who are committing these crimes over and over again, whether they be your friend, neighbor, teacher, preacher, favorite singer, favorite sports figure, or even yourself. Statistically speaking, it's usually males who commit the crimes, but many times it's also other males who are the victims. And as long as the males who do this stuff are in positions of power over other people, this epidemic of crimes will continue.

A long time ago, I made a vow that I'd never rape someone, never hit a woman, and never hit a child. It seems like an obvious way to solve the epidemic (as in, the crimes will stop if nobody ever commits them), but now I've realized that I'm probably in the minority when it comes to this. I guess I don't get that outraged by public revelations like in the OP because I think most of the "outrage" is just for show anyway. I say that because society always pretends to be outraged by this stuff, but the crimes never stop. So clearly people aren't outraged enough to stop doing it in their own personal lives.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well put.

Somebody outed this thing finally, at least.

Been a lot of calls for the list of people protected by this effort, moreover I want to see the list of people who work in this "Office" for a living.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well said...

Once the current tornado subsides and outrage dies down it will be back to business.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And as long as the males who do this stuff are in positions of power over other people, this epidemic of crimes will continue.

It seems like there is an awful lot of Pedophilia in the higher political circles. Hollywood, the media, etc.

So it made me wonder about something, do people get into politics and just become child molesters and sexual predators? Or are pedophiles chosen and groomed for positions of power because those in power know that if these people for whatever reason can't be bribed, then they can surely be blackmailed? Sort of like a back up policy to make sure everyone plays along with whatever agenda is being pushed.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I definitely would like to see a list of the people involved. In my opinion, this is the kind of stuff wikileaks needs to be working on.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I agree sexual harassment, sexual assault is a terrible thing! Us ( the taxer payer ) in NO way should be footing the bill for these PUKES!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Exactly. It seems like people would rather use these incidences to push political agendas than to actually stop the incidences from happening. You can actually see people take up for one popular figure in a sexual assault scandal and then immediately attack a rival for doing similar things.

I don't want to make this a political thread since the problem is universal, but I'm seeing it right now w/the Bill Clinton to Trump to Weinstein to Roy Moore to Al Franken circus. All of them contributed to the overall problem, yet people jump back & forth between defending and attacking them based on their political affiliations. The same thing happens with popular sports figures and sports programs (like the Sandusky/Penn State scandal), pastor/rabbi/imam scandals, etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I've heard all kinds of conspiracies, ranging from 1) "good" people being forced to do bad things so others can have dirt on them, to 2) "bad" people being allowed to rise to positions of power because the other powerful people know they won't rock the boat. But I prefer to think it's more of c) people in general have good and bad tendencies, but having unmitigated power/authority/influence over others lets people to do things they wouldn't normally do.

Just because society labels something as "taboo" or "illegal" doesn't mean that everyone in that society is against those things. So having power or influence may simply allow people the opportunity to do the things they always wanted to do but couldn't because of fears of retribution.

I hope I'm wrong though. Because if I'm right, that means we'll simply never be able to stop this crap from happening. I guess it's a version of that saying about "absolute power corrupting absolutely". ETA: I guess it would be something like "Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but even minimal power can corrupt some people".
edit on 17-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
www.compliance.gov...

This is the Office of Compiance official website.

They have 9 main members. 5 on the board of directors, and 4 Executive staff. Of those nine people 6 of them are women.

Did anyone vote for any of these people? I certainly don’t recall any election or referendum on this. It appears that Congress decided to police itself.

I guarantee you this office has nothing more than big political bundlers from both parties. And this Office has but one function: protect Congress.

Sure, occasionally they will sacrifice somebody at the altar to pretend to have a public service function. But you can bet some shot-caller tells this Office whom the sacrificial lamb will be and when.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join