It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When "Sexual Assault" Goes Too Far.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
First off the bat. Is it me or does anyone feel like there is a purge happening in hollyhood? Not how you may think like " get those sexual abusers out" but more like " we the powers that be are outting those we no longer need in hollywood"

Groping, ass smacking, grinding, kisses on the cheek and neck, and sexual advances have been a part of hollywood for over 100 years. Hey baby you want this gig? Sit on my face and its yours! Pervy fatcats is not new. That info leaking out is new.

Something or someone or a group of people are cleaning house for a reason I don't know yet. This all seems weird to me. Why now why these celebrities? Something is up. Anyone else think so?
Also I'm not saying any abuse is ok. Yes they should be prosecuted for it. But all these A list actors within a month? What do they know? Why are they being targeted?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Why? Because their behavior is unacceptable and it's about time it was addressed.

Too many have gotten away with their BS for too long.

BTW, 'sexual assault' by definition already goes too far. No 'when' involved.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What do they know? Why are they being targeted?

Answered your own question.

Groping, ass smacking, grinding, kisses on the cheek and neck, and sexual advances have been a part of hollywood for over 100 years. Hey baby you want this gig? Sit on my face and its yours! Pervy fatcats is not new.

They know that they've been getting away with it for decades.

Why now why these celebrities?

Part of it is bandwagoning. D-list has-beens are coming out with claims of assault to get back in the limelight.

BUT

For the real victims? It's a hell of a lot easier to be one voice out of 50 than it is to be one voice all alone.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I can't type a lie, I just had to check the thread this based on just the title, I 'almost' fell prey to the old 'judge a book by its cover' syndrome, luckily I saved My 'judgement' and was glad to not finding

So the answer is "Anytime"" there is an assault or even if the person feels 'threatened'.

Don't forget to factor in ALL the victims that got talked out of reporting what they perceived to be attacks. This could've been done by parents; teachers; cops; neighbors; friends..

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They lost their benefactors and protection when Trump won, it's every scumbag for themselves as the Swamp hunkers down to save themselves. Hollyweird turned out to be expendable, fed to the wolves as the Swamp things run for cover.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

More likely, you are paying more attention to it because the MSM is focusing on it more.

Designed distraction, infotainment news isn't new or 'News'.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Let them clean house. Movies suck nowadays.

Throw out all the old writers and get new ones.

But, Hollywood will always be Hollywood and it will always be a cesspool.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I tried to get sexually harassed for years... never happened.

I should sue for chronic rejection.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Let them clean house. Movies suck nowadays.

Throw out all the old writers and get new ones.

But, Hollywood will always be Hollywood and it will always be a cesspool.

They won't do that, the biz is as corrupt as politics with nepotism, kickbacks, creative accounting and a system controlled by the Corporate ethos. Make money, then make more money on the tailend, twist it and squeeze every last cent out.

It's as corporate as microsoft, intel, Walmart or Google. It's a global market with technology making it easier to create the product than ever before. Venture capital from everywhere, worldwide investors.

The industry eats content from anyone that has even a vague idea of the system. Global platforms of every description all connected by the internet, with it's fingers in a million pies. Sports, clubs, Vegas not just records and movies.

I've worked on productions controlled by Disney, ESPN, Comcast, netflix, and Amazon; with productions financed by Europeans, Bollywood, Asians, and Arabs. The entertainment industry is here to stay and everybody still wants their piece of the action. Doing business the American way, free enterprise, providing jobs for millions of people like me. I'm not even in California...I'm in New Mexico...in a soundstage studio; I should be working instead of creating this post. lol

edit on 16-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Why? Because their behavior is unacceptable and it's about time it was addressed.

Too many have gotten away with their BS for too long.

BTW, 'sexual assault' by definition already goes too far. No 'when' involved.

That is too naive a position to have with a mind to think with. The point is why is this happening now.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Part of it is bandwagoning. D-list has-beens are coming out with claims of assault to get back in the limelight.

That's true and its wrong ..... very wrong. But we must not let that distract

from the real victims

BUT

For the real victims? It's a hell of a lot easier to be one voice out of 50 than it is to be one voice all alone.

One voice against celebrity status and wealth is not loud enough to be believed.

In many cases that is what is told to the victim "go on tell no one will believe

you" ..... not realising there is strength in numbers!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The purge has been going on a few years now - on this side of the Atlantic anyway.

It seems to have started with Jimmy Savile, who was the worst example of a celebrity serial abuser hiding in plain sight. He was a big celebrity in Britain, raised millions for charity, was a friend of the royals, and even got a knighthood. So any allegations against him fell on deaf ears for decades, until he was safely dead.

So, about 6 years now. It may go on for years, decades. Some will defiantly remain hidden.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It's a ripple effect of the SJW movement.

The balance of life is like a pendulum, the harder and farther you push it to one side, the harder and farther it's gonna swing back.

When one party has no platform based on good policies to outright defeat their opponent and win an election, they resort to these types of tactics. They use social justice to claim the moral high ground while unintentionally pushing that pendulum way out there. At a point it's gonna swing back to their side and it's gonna swing back faster and harder.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's like how magic works. Distraction. While you looking at what the right hands doing you're not seeing the left hand stabbing you in the back. Come on everyone get real.
It's just been in the papers here that Elvis Presley moved in Priscilla with him when she was 14 years of age.
You name me any celebrity and if you dug deep enough you will find something that could be construed as sexual assault. That's sexual assault as some of you making it. God forbid a kiss is sexual assault?
No, it's when people see sexual assault in innocent encounters and blows it up out of all proportions.
edit on 17-11-2017 by crayzeed because: added sentence

top topics

join