It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes Tax Bill, off to the Senate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Sorry for the loss of time on this.

You can read about the process involved at:
www.cbsnews.com...

The Senate has yet to vote on its own bill and its bill is significantly different from the House version, so even if they do pass something it will have to go to reconciliation. As its worked out in reconciliation, the changes made will probably kill the bill in the House, i.e., either the Freedom Caucus or the Tea Party will block it. As reconciled, it probably won't pass the Senate either; there's already, I think, 3 or 4 Senators that won't even approve the Senates' first version, and that will go up after a reconciliation.

We'll know more this coming week, but its highly doubtful the Senate can pass their own version. McCain won't approve it; you can read the doom this bill faces at:
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

You can read about the differences between the two versions at:
www.cnn.com...

The real problem is time. If they can't get this done before year end, it won't happen until sometime in 2018, if at all and that's because 2018 is the Mid-Term elections and they'll be loath to pass anything at that point.

Honestly, for the sake of the Stock Market, I really, really hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The House and the Senate's tax bill is a "pure corporate tax cut"...I mean pure --- All the rest is just "window dressing."

These Republican tax bills are meant to topple our economy (due to rising deficits), incite social disorder to the point where the ruling oligarchs can declare marshal law, which would led to massive prison internments of innocent civilians; and death & starvation to a major portion of our middle and lower income classes, due to the removal of our Social Security system and Medicare.

Even though I don't believe in parallel universe's...these Repub's in office act like they are from a parallel universe and are totally alien too.
edit on 18-11-2017 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

new topics

<< 1   >>

join