It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes Tax Bill, off to the Senate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The U.S. House has passed a Tax Bill that puts its on the Senates shoulders.
What are the odds of the Senate passing it?

On Thursday, the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) delivered the bill a blow with an analysis that predicted it would raise the average tax rate for Americans making under $75,000 by 2027.

www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/report-senate-gop-bill-would-raise-taxes-middle-class-n821396

Well at least it wouldn't have been as high if Bernie would have got elected. So the tax increase 10 years from now shouldn't be a big deal to people who want to pay more taxes. Good ol' Bernie would have raised it within 1 year.

What do you think guys? Will it pass the Senate? If it does, then that would be a major accomplishment for a President who has been President for under 1 year. MAGA people? It has always been a great country because of the people who live in this country. The sacrifices and work. You, me, and all of our differences and agreements, fighting for what you think is right. How about MABTE? Make America Better Than Ever. #Trump2020#2020Trump#MakeAmericaBetterThanEver.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

a major accomplishment for a President who has been President for under 1 year.

What involvement did he have in this Bill?

& really, I have to say, all you could say was “at least it wasn’t Bernie’s tax plan”...
That’s hardly a ringing endorsement.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

a major accomplishment for a President who has been President for under 1 year.

What involvement did he have in this Bill?

& really, I have to say, all you could say was “at least it wasn’t Bernie’s tax plan”...
That’s hardly a ringing endorsement.

Seriously what involvement? He brought it to the forefront. You do not remember the Campaign promise to lower taxes?

And that was not all I can say about the tax cuts. Don't you want a tax cut? I do. Bernie's tax plan would have devastated our economy. So yeah it is a good thing that it wasn't his tax plan.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This will be Trump's "obamacare"

Need to lower taxes across the board.. get government out of our lives, bring revenue in at the local/state levels instead. Oh yeah, I'm just wasting my breath. carry on.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Need to lower taxes across the board.

That is exactly what is happening. Go ahead and breath now.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

I don't see the income tax being abolished, I don't see the Fed getting shut down. So the fraud still continues.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

I don't see the income tax being abolished, I don't see the Fed getting shut down. So the fraud still continues.

Well, that may take some more time, but at least it is going in the right direction.
Do you think it will pass the Senate?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah we will see.

Whatever, it doesn't even matter anymore. Hell just take all of my money, I don't need it anyways.

Tell me again how this is going to help me out. I am a construction worker making between $55,000 and $65,000 a year. By the way I will lose a few deductions in this "great and wonderful" plan.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Well, that may take some more time, but at least it is going in the right direction.
Do you think it will pass the Senate?

Maybe. It will depend on who has been bought or not.

I'm in the camp of using a flat rate tax, and cut government waste.. Abolish the income tax, and allow states to keep more money to improve their states.. not ship it all to Big Brother to waste on stupid studies that have no benefit, or just hock it all on war machines to blow up 3rd worlders for their resources, or to encourage people to be freeloaders. Some of us actually work hard for our money, and we aren't all too happy to just give it away to freeloaders, with the biggest freeloader being the government.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Fraud continues indeed, and since income tax brackets will not be adjusted for inflation, the joke is on all of us -- because in time, if our wages go up with inflation, we won't have more purchasing power, but will need to pay more in taxes if it pops us up a tax bracket.

Taken to extremes: if extreme inflation (which is possible) happens, then the IRS gets the last laugh because maybe we are all millionaires, with zero purchasing power, stuck paying the top income tax bracket.

(those of us that still HAVE incomes, at least)

Ouch!

edit on 16-11-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

That is a really interesting and disturbing point to make. Tax Brackets do not increase with inflation.

We are getting killed by the most destructive silent wealth redistribution scheme there is, inflation.

If they were honest about it, then just like social security, there should be a mandatory increase every year in the tax brackets themselves inline with inflation. Now if we could just get our government to be honest about the true rate of inflation and not the BS 1-3% they claim over the last 10 years.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Fraud continues indeed, and since income tax brackets will not be adjusted for inflation, the joke is on all of us -- because in time, if our wages go up with inflation, we won't have more purchasing power, but will need to pay more in taxes if it pops us up a tax bracket.

Taken to extremes: if extreme inflation (which is possible) happens, then the IRS gets the last laugh because maybe we are all millionaires, with zero purchasing power, stuck paying the top income tax bracket.

(those of us that still HAVE incomes, at least)

Ouch!

Yeah, I don't think it is going to come to that, but good luck with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Tell me again how this is going to help me out

It is going to take your current tax rate of 7% and lower it to 4%, and you will lose a few deductions, but the base deduction is doubled, so you shouldn't have to worry about that, but if it doesn't pass the senate you will not have to worry about paying less taxes.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If you're not a millionaire then it probably won't do anything to help you, so why do we need it????

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

If you're not a millionaire then it probably won't do anything to help you, so why do we need it????

lol. Fake news dude. Stay away from that stuff.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I swear am I the ONLY person to read every page?
This among many #ty sections!!

10 (e) UNBORN CHILDREN ALLOWED AS ACCOUNT BENE-
11 FICIARIES.—Section 529(e) is amended by adding at the
12 end the following new paragraph:
13 ‘‘(6) TREATMENT OF UNBORN CHILDREN.—
14 ‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—Nothing shall prevent
15 an unborn child from being treated as a des-
16 ignated beneficiary or an individual under this
17 section.
18 ‘‘(B) UNBORN CHILD.—For purposes of this
19 paragraph—
20 ‘‘(i) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘unborn
21 child’ means a child in utero.
22 ‘‘(ii) CHILD IN UTERO.—The term
23 ‘child in utero’ means a member of the spe-
24 cies homo sapiens, at any stage of develop-
25 ment, who is carried in the womb.’’.
VerDate Sep 11 2014 00:35 Nov 14, 2017 Jkt 079200 PO 00000 Frm 00096 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6203 E:BILLSH1.RH H1
lotter on DSKBCFDHB2PROD with BILLS

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I believe in a right to chose. And this is undermining rights across the board. Womens constitutional rights in the cross hairs. The legislation is garbage and a #ing cash grab. People please take time to read ENTIRE Bill. It #s us all over big time. Don't vomit rhetoric. #ing read these legislations

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The lowest rate is going from 10% to 12%. If you don't use the standard deduction currently, your taxes are going up. Iit is really not debatable. But not to worry, private jets will still be deductible.

Anyone still on the side of the Republicans and isn't part of the "aristocracy" is out of their frickin minds.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

ZERO

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

ZERO

Why do you think that?

<<   2 >>

join