It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Laners

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman The left laners really piss me off but I did tell my little sister that is she is not comfortable with the slow lane to just stay right. More accidents happen in the right so I told her to stay left. I would rather her keep a speed of 64-70 mph in a volvo then to risk being in a newbie lane. So next time you decide to complain about that just remember that maybe they are a beginner driver and changing lanes may be a stressful idea. Just sayin

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

In Canada it is called a Canadian Road Block...not one related to drinking and driving counter attacks.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more and it seems like 90% of them drive a toyota camry for some reason.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The ones I dislike are the ones who burn up my tailpipe when I am in the left passing and already speeding by a fair margin and still get annoyed when I refuse to speed up much more just to get around or refuse to wedge myself into a string of slow going cars I am passing to appease their need to go faster.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
Ugh, left turns not pulling into the intersection so people behind them have a fighting chance to make it through the light too.

This right here, a thousand times this! If I am in a particularly nasty mood I will make sure to catch up to them on the turn and give them a piece of my mind.
I can be a bit of a road rager, but only rarely. Typically, I try to get others to rage so I can laugh at their insanity, knowing full well I am guilty of the same occasionally.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Another thing I hate?

People who abruptly decide to change lanes without having checked their blind spot. I was almost done in getting home tonight by a large pickup that didn't do that. He decided to merge right into me.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Not as scary as I first thought....I had to look it up.
The link includes a short vid, which explains it and shows the left shoulder was resurfaced to accommodate increased traffic.
www.mlive.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
The two guys who taught me to drive were my Dad and a relative who drove a semi for a living. Both were very smooth and safe drivers. Their lessons on keeping alert of what some other fool is doing have saved me on many occasions. The trucker taught me to drive at the speed limit in the right lane because on most highways that lane has fewer potholes. Taught me to yield to up-coming traffic but drive on right if not impeding traffic.

The fools that pass, cut in with inches to spare then hit their brakes because there really wasn't room for them...are a great source of aggravation.

But I do feel blessed to not be subjected to driving on those busy highways on a regular basis. Our town has one four-lane highway running through it. I avoid it like the plague because it is an idiot magnet. It seems that a vast portion of our population has not been educated on the use of turn signals.

edit on 17-11-2017 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

Hah. The other day I came to a complete stop on the highway because someone was riding my bumper. It was stupid, but I just see red.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp

Hah. The other day I came to a complete stop on the highway because someone was riding my bumper. It was stupid, but I just see red.

MOVE. YOUR. A$$!

Are you insane? YOU CAN'T BRAKE TO A COMPLETE STOP!

I am immediately hating you! Right here, right now! What you did was (a) illegal to hell, (b) DANGEROUS TO F%&§$ING HELL and (c) lecturing as f%"§$ing hell!

Sorry, but that was just a driver I would IMMEDIATELY report to the police, I am not doing that usually.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I am happy to report that there are not so many left-lane-campers on my roads here around. Maybe because there is a speedlimit, which is usually acknowledged, maybe because it is just a short autobahn (about 25km = 14?miles), so speeding just doesn't do it.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
passing on the right is much more dangerous then passing on the left due to lane mergers happening on the right, this is the obvious reason why the left lane is reserved for passing,
so if your in the left lane not passing anyone and someone behind you wants to pass you. and you wont go to the next lane right, you are the danger.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 99problems
Couldn't agree more and it seems like 90% of them drive a toyota camry for some reason.

Lol, Around here it's minivans.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The speech limit is the law, in 'both lanes'. The 'fast' lane is the unwritten rule.

Unwritten rules aren't in the manual.

The DMV handbook doesn't say stay right, faster traffic stay left. It does advise, yield your lane to faster traffic. But thats not a law.

This isn't the AutoBahn.

left lane passing does not equal speeding though

i always thought the left lane was the passing lane. lots of people in both lanes, especially right drive under the limit. you pass on left then get back to right.
also the etiquette is different on city streets and state roads. the left lane passing is a highway kind of thing

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
You wont like this...Michigan just this week is OPENING the left and right shoulders for certain times on US-23 between Ann Arbor and Saginaw to alieviate traffic congestions. Signs overhead are either GREEN ARROWS AHEAD or RED X's when not to use those lanes.

I hate these people already! This is not going to end well. 1st in the country I hear (prob. the last) Hope no one DIES.

Thanks. Great thread title. Best, M.S.

Massachusetts has been using the right shoulder for some time now but the traffic is still terrible around the Boston area.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The speech limit is the law, in 'both lanes'. The 'fast' lane is the unwritten rule.

Unwritten rules aren't in the manual.

The DMV handbook doesn't say stay right, faster traffic stay left. It does advise, yield your lane to faster traffic. But thats not a law.

This isn't the AutoBahn.

I don't know about the DMV handbook, but my state's code of law says it's illegal to stay in the left lane.

www.scstatehouse.gov...

SECTION 56-5-1810. Drive on the right side of roadways; exceptions.

(a) Upon all roadways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway except as follows:

1. When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement.

2. When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway. Any person so doing shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance so as not to constitute an immediate hazard.

3. Upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable thereon.

4. Upon a roadway restricted to one-way traffic.

(b) Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp

People like you kill commuters.

I've been a commuter for at least 10 years. Once you get into a route, the flow gets familiar and most people who ride that route get used to it and into it. People who don't know that drive stick out like a sore thumb and cause problems ... and accidents.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Never visit the state of Maryland then. That is literally how EVERYONE drives there. Though everyone also drives about ten miles over the speed limit too. If you aren't in a hurry while driving in Maryland than you are pissing off the people behind you.

Also, ever see someone use a high way exit/entrance ramp to pass someone in the right lane? I see that a lot too.
edit on 17-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I`m glad I can do it old school and just walk a mile to work when the weather is nice, everyone drives way under the speed limit here. That and you have idiots that want to cross 4 lanes of rush hour at the brief green light instead of taking 3 extra minutes to come out at a light. Then those that just want to sort of lag along at 25mph in a 45mph zone, hit their brakes for a passing breeze and completely ignore the fact that all cars have turn signals.

There are days when just to go close to the speed limit you have to weave in and out of traffic like a jet fighter. Get off your phones people!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Here in LA, the left lane is for faster traffic. I use it allot, but always move over if there is a car coming up behind me and let it pass, if they really feel the need to go faster than me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join