It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Individuals and Society is the Answer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Some people will say what I'm about to say is more Philosophical than Political, but really the two are linked in this case.

Current Political Idealogies are flawed, they support the idea of Individuals without respect for Society.
This leads to a Society where people don't respect the consequences on their actions, such as violence towards those who disagrees with them.

Past Political Idealogies such as Fascism and Communism are also flawed, they support the idea of Society and reject the concept of Individuals.
This leads to a Society where individual thought is shunned and destroyed in favour of an all powerful, mass propaganda spreading state.

What we need is a way in which the Individuals contribute and envolve the Society, working to better it along with themselves, thus creating a goal for Society, rather than conflicting with it.

Its difficult to put across what I mean in words, the thought occured in my head earlier today, I was thinking about what was the problem with past and current Societies in a basic structure, hopefully someone understand what I'm trying to say better than me.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well put together wizard.
I understand what you are saying and trying to get across.
Now by any chance are you trying to get across that we need to think up a new social structure?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
these kind of shifts in society our good in theory, but when out and about in the real world certain things lack which are not so readily attainable, which i believe are a pivitol step acknoledging your idea. tolerance, an open mind, and a good heart. things that seem to have been substituted with all the modern luxeries of daily life.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Now by any chance are you trying to get across that we need to think up a new social structure?

To be honest I haven't a clue what I mean, past and present political idealogies sound and appear brilliant when they start but over years (or months) they develop cracks in their motives and direction, most idealogies start well but none really have any long term going power, theres a gap for a idealogy that others simply aren't filling.

I'm still puzzled as to what I'm on about

new topics

top topics

join