It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who accused Franken says she accepts his apology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

No Al Franken has put forth material on public record the contents being about raping women. Stating facts that are part of the public record is not baiting, your fake indignation is.
edit on Thu Nov 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Stating facts that are part of the public record is not baiting, your fake indignation is.

And what part of this is on public record or a fact?

The woman was probably threatened with being put on one of those lefty elite lists where nobody will hire them again so she accepted his apology. Now that she says she accepts his apology, when it blows over she will be fired and shunned into poverty by Lefty elitists, maybe raped a few times for good measure because they think it's funny and they joke about it all the time.

Seems to be political trolling and baiting to me.
edit on 16-11-2017 by jacquesdarippa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Stating facts that are part of the public record is not baiting, your fake indignation is.

And what part of this is on public record or a fact?

The woman was probably threatened with being put on one of those lefty elite lists where nobody will hire them again so she accepted his apology. Now that she says she accepts his apology, when it blows over she will be fired and shunned into poverty by Lefty elitists, maybe raped a few times for good measure because they think it's funny and they joke about it all the time.

Seems to be political trolling and baiting to me.

Go Google Leslie Stahl Al Franken. Or go scan any of todays stories, you will find it if you disregard your urge to ignore.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So

The woman was probably threatened with being put on one of those lefty elite lists where nobody will hire them again so she accepted his apology
is not a fact or on record.

and the same for

when it blows over she will be fired and shunned into poverty by Lefty elitists, maybe raped a few times for good measure because they think it's funny and they joke about it all the time

Extreme Political trolling here.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

Google is your friend, I am not.

Damn Sheeple won't do the research that shatters their bias, here's a freebie on me.

Al Franken joked about raping Lesley Stahl in 1995 New York Magazine article

“'I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then when Lesley is passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her."

Source

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well make it clear your talking about one particular person and not an entire group, you know the Lefty elitists.

"maybe raped a few times for good measure ", where can I google that about "Lefty elitists". Where can I google, "probably threatened with being put on one of those lefty elite lists".

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You do realize he was a COMEDIAN and only started in politics in 2009, right?

He ADDRESSED some of his comedy in his apology. If you bothered to read it?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

Well make it clear your talking about one particular person and not an entire group, you know the Lefty elitists.

"maybe raped a few times for good measure ", where can I google that about "Lefty elitists". Where can I google, "probably threatened with being put on one of those lefty elite lists".

Al Franken is a Lefty, he is on record joking about raping a woman, therefore he factually thinks rape is funny. He represents actual people who are on the Left as Democrats as a US Senator. Take it up with Al Franken if you don't want his public record describing the wide swath of people who he represents.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: Arnie123

No, I see people ANGRY because a situation like this was handled maturely and without major drama.

AKA swept under the rug, nothing to see here folks, move along, it's just a little sexual harassment/assault, keep the line moving.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That was a really good post.

But aren't you just a little bit curious to see where all of this leads to? Zero Tolerance, I agree, they have been preaching it for a while now but I don't think they understand what it truly means. Just look at the different standards they hold politicians to where the only difference is either a R or a D in front of their name.

I think we are already past the point of no return. As I am completely out of the game now, I can just stand back and observe the hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
And his jokes about sex with children, gross

Well comedians do say that the best humor comes from real life events and experiences.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
So, it SEEMS that Mr. Franken's prompt apology and and him taking responsibility did NOT go unnoticed.

Leeann Tweeden responds to Al Franken: "The apology, sure, I accept it. People make mistakes, of course he knew he made a mistake."

This comes after Franken released a lengthy (and quite honest) apology statement:

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

“But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

Link

THAT is how these types things should be handled. Kudos to Franken for being an ADULT.

The woman, Leeann Tweeden seems to take Franken at face value:

She said it's up to Congress to decide if it wants to have an ethics investigation into Franken's behavior, adding that she isn’t calling for Franken to step down, unless more women come forward.

She also indicated that it was ANOTHER Democrat who inspired her to come forward:

She said Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) inspired her to come forward with her story. The congresswoman earlier this month shared her own experience of sexual harassment, describing an instance when a chief of staff forcibly kissed her when she was a congressional staffer.

Link

Democrats: Showing HOW an apology works, how to HANDLE accusations of inappropriate behavior, and NOT skirting responsibility!

edit on Thu Nov 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

It wasn't really an apology. He basically said "you misrembered, and didn't think I'm as hilariously as I am. So, your fault on both counts." He's a piece of #, and you continue to support him you are too.

What IS funny is that I was trying to think of celebrity politicians who would have to resort to copping a feel on a sleeping woman to get any action at all and immediately thought of Franken. But sure this liberal Prince wouldn't be a total hypocrite d-bah, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow, someone dumber than the OP. You don't wear a car door, stupid. And the material of the garment has nothing to do with the act. Just to be clear, it's totally okay to grab someone by the last then if they're wearing thick enough pants. If it's raining outside, please don't go out. You'd probably drown.

(post by 200Plus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Thanks!

Yeah I know.

Just like the Robert Byrd Hillary's quote "mentor" end quote, founded a KKK chapter and now he's praised as a hero all because he was a Democrat.

But my gawd Francis Scott Key happened to own some slaves back when that was fashionable and he's the enemy of all mankind.

This Antifa tearing down statues thingie, oh my the list of racists/etc whose statues and all that they should be also tearing down if they had an ounce of integrity in their entire person would include all manner of their heroes, Karl Marx and the DNC Party in particulars. Instead they just go after American icons from 150 years ago, because their goal is just to piss on and divide the United States. And they are the foot soldiers of this PC Agenda afterall.

But their little war on society is starting to blowback on them, Hollywood and their sorts in particular now, so the "let me get some popcorn" meme is all too sweet at this juncture of history. It's just too bad that its seeming like there might not be any of them left to make movies or shows anymore. And just wait until this blowback storm sweeps thru the music industry. We aint seen nothing yet.............

edit on 16-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You know I watched that movie again recently, have to admit I think it aged well.

Still made me laugh.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This whole thing feels strange, likely because it was responded to so quickly.

She made an accusation, he admitted and apologized and called for an investigation, she accepted his apology -- and that's that.

I think it feels weird because in today's America we seem to fight over everything. We're so used to insane levels of drama and public freakouts. This was handled swiftly and without the denials, gas lighting, and victim shaming so prevalent in today's America.

What Franken did was awful, but I can't help but feel this is being used as deliberate "whataboutism" to distract from Moore.

But, of course, being ATS I'm sure soon someone will come along saying Hillary got to this woman and blackmailed her into accepting the apology.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

ENOUGH!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

People make mistakes unless you see a trend I think his apology should he accepted.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ut oh, Trump did a funny tweet:

The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words. Where do his hands go in pictures 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 while she sleeps? .....

He must be "unhinged" again.

edit on 17-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join