It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant stand the Democrats do it too argument

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: MotherMayEye

...so why the beef?

Because you just insinuated (in another thread) that I was an illogical partisan even though my voter registration shows I am 'Unaffiliated' and I haven't for for either party in nearly a decade. Link

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well if you want to get into it we're in the Pit.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What I want is for these two stupid, sh*tty parties to stop exploiting issues like sexism, sexual assault, sexual harassment, pedophilia, racism, every other -ism to suit a partisan purpose.

Especially considering both parties have terrible track records and NEITHER ONE rises above the other.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Exactly. It makes those that actually were hurt seem lessened. I've said as much.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

What I want is for these two stupid, sh*tty parties to stop exploiting issues like sexism, sexual assault, sexual harassment, pedophilia, racism, every other -ism to suit a partisan purpose.

Especially considering both parties have terrible track records and NEITHER ONE rises above the other.

This is all I see.......

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: dfnj2015

Ummm...If your still buying into the two party system...then son...I can't help you...

However...if you've come full circle in your realization that they're two sides of the same spent coin...then we can converse...

I could personally give two rats asses for Roy Moore...I also hope this witch hunt gains full steam ahead and steam rolls the lot of them...

Sweep both sides of the isle clean...

I'd really love to see a Saudi style mass corruption arrest...lock em all up...

YouSir

And one million stars for yousir!
Hehe

Minus anything Saudi...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
You Republicans are still a bunch of jerks....you right wing jack donkey's...

Could you have used a broader brush? I can't figure out if you actually believe your own partisan BS or whether you're just a dishonest ass wipe who has no interest in getting along with others- a first grade skill, btw.

I hope people like you never get close to power.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I've heard it called "What Aboutism" and it is rampant.

Sam Harris did a short 'rant' about it at the beginning of a recent podcast called "American Fantasies":

www.samharris.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It's not that Democrats do it too... they just do it more often.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

This is all I see.......

More like:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

So we can't agree on the rule of law. That says everything about today's Republicans. The ends justify the means.

LOL, "the rule of law".

How many laws are unenforced in the US? I know i've never heard of someone being convicted under sodomy laws during my lifetime. When was the last time a kid in S. Car was arrested for playing pinball without being 18? Or the last time someone in Ariz was arrested for having more than 2 sex toys?

The rule of law has been undermined by the simple act (or lack of act) of legislative laziness.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: Grambler

So we can't agree on the rule of law. That says everything about today's Republicans. The ends justify the means.

LOL, "the rule of law".

How many laws are unenforced in the US? I know i've never heard of someone being convicted under sodomy laws during my lifetime. When was the last time a kid in S. Car was arrested for playing pinball without being 18? Or the last time someone in Ariz was arrested for having more than 2 sex toys?

The rule of law has been undermined by the simple act (or lack of act) of legislative laziness.

You are very correct.

Recall that 'enforcement' is a function of the executive/administrative branches of our governments.

The 'enforcement', or not, of LAW is a regular means of unitary executive action.

Mister Trump, in fact, just pardoned someone in such a position for refusing to enforce the law.

Yes you are very correct.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Democrats never claimed to be the moral authority. Democrats like to do drugs. Democrats have no standards when it comes to social behavior.

I take issue with this. Democrats don't claim to be the traditional moral authority, but they sure as hell do claim to be the social morality authority. This is what gave us the alt-left social justice warrior movement. You don't see this coming out of the conservatives. A person's personal hang-ups and dislikes are hunky dory with conservatives, whereas the left would seem to be the party demanding adherence to everchanging progressive societal norm demands.

As far as Roy Moore is concerned, I absolutely want to see him replaced on that ticket with a different conservative. Hell, I hope the write in Jeff Sessions idea gains traction and Sessions has to resign from the AG role to return to the senate. The problem is, against the man he's running against, it comes down to a pair of evils running against each other. It strikes me as hypocritical to portray Moore as a great evil who "preyed on children... albeit 16 year olds" while leading towards a default victory for a democrat candidate who is staunchly pro choice and pro abortion funding, both of which by definition involve predatory practices against children (yes, Virginia, fetuses grow up to be children.) I'm glad I'm not an Alabama voter because this one would take a huge toll on a voter's moral compass and sense of good versus evil.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Democrats never claimed to be the moral authority. Democrats like to do drugs. Democrats have no standards when it comes to social behavior.

The problem is, against the man he's running against, it comes down to a pair of evils running against each other. It strikes me as hypocritical to portray Moore as a great evil who "preyed on children... albeit 16 year olds" while leading towards a default victory for a democrat candidate who is staunchly pro choice and pro abortion funding, both of which by definition involve predatory practices against children (yes, Virginia, fetuses grow up to be children.) I'm glad I'm not an Alabama voter because this one would take a huge toll on a voter's moral compass and sense of good versus evil.

With this in mind, consider the plight of those voters who have a "choice" to make about the future of all of their children. A "choice" of either:

• Voting for a candidate that will advocate them being killed before they are born
  • Voting for a candidate that will possibly sexually abuse them before they grow to adulthood

So, do you decide to chop off your foot or your genitals?

edit on 11/17/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Why?

I will say neither should resign if the are innocent. Both should be considered innocent until proven guilty.

And I will tell you right now there will be hypocrites oin the right on this.

Breitbart will say Franken should resign after fighting that with Moore, Hannity probably will too.

But you are wrong; many democrats do claim to be the moral authority.

Its why they can call trump voters racist, or bigots, or misogynist, or xenophobes.

There is more of a tendency for left people in power to say the right is immoral, and for the right wing people with power to say the left is wrong.

Of course there are exceptions; the Jerry Falwells and scum bags like him that blamed 9-11 on gays should be renounced as strongly as possible.

But in general, many people with power on the left tend to percieve there oppoenents as being immoral as opposed to just ignorant or incorrect.

I think the ideals of Democrats are much more Christ-like than those of Republicans, even though they consider themselves above the Democrats on a religious level. So on that basis I would say the Democrats are clearly more moral than Republicans. FYI I believe in certain stances offered by both parties and am a member of neither. I think each of their "our way or the highway" mentality is really crappy governance. I believe most of them are treasonous bastards trading votes for self enrichment.

I was raised a strict Christian and still believe the message of Jesus to be the code on which to live your life. I do not believe that message includes going to church in some organized religion as every one of them, by even existing, has distorted that vision again for their own gain . Given what I was taught, I think the majority of the actions the Republicans have taken or trying to take are clearly against the message of Christ. It's not 100% of course, but even 1% is too much. Every treasonous and immoral people need to be thrown out of office and that is most of them on both sides of the aisle.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join