It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant stand the Democrats do it too argument

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

So we can't agree on the rule of law. That says everything about today's Republicans. The ends justify the means.

What?

this makes no sense.

Unless you are claiming that innocent until guilty should not be the standard?

Is that what you are saying?

All I am saying is if a Republican or Democrat breaks the law, they should be indicted and if found guilty, should go to jail. We should follow the rule of law has outlined in the Constitution. Does this make sense?

So what in my post led you to believe that I thought otherwise?

The lack of affirmation that if a Republican breaks the law they should go to jail. I've never heard any right wingers affirm if a Republican breaks the law they should go to jail. All I ever hear is "democrats do it too" crap.

Why do you care so much about the law when you convict people of things based upon
unsubstantiated accusations before any trial is even convened?

Hypocrit-Rex!

So if a Republican breaks the law it's not important. Got it.

What laws were broken? HE has not been tried by the rule of law, only accused in the court o public opinion.

Accusations do NOT equate to a breaking of a law, for ANYONE.

Hypocritica Genus Humanus

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I just love these threads, the Deep State/TPTB gotta be ROTLTAO when they see their success in dividing the sheeple in two opposite sides, Hilarious!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

One of the very few posts you've made that I've ever agreed with what you've said. Yes, people on the left need to be just as law abiding.

I think when people make the moral equivalence of Al Franken forcing a kiss on of age women is equal to Roy Moore showing up in a room in his underwear with a 14 year old girl is just wrong. I agree people are innocent until proven guilty but there's more than one person coming forward on Roy.

And as I said, forcing sex on a woman without her consent is just wrong and bad moral character. Al Franken should resign as Senator just for having bad character.

I think we need to stop with the partisan bias when it comes to breaking the law. There has to be a line where we agree the rule of law is it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So the democrats that claim to be on the side of women's rights and equality don't claim that as a moral authority?

Ok, dems. Fondle away.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
I just love these threads, the Deep State/TPTB gotta be ROTLTAO when they see their success in dividing the sheeple in two opposite sides, Hilarious!!!!

It seems tragic to me. I don't see the humor.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So the democrats that claim to be on the side of women's rights and equality don't claim that as a moral authority?

Ok, dems. Fondle away.

No you are right. The Al Franken should resign. Now what do you think about Roy? Show your colors?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I agree the egregiousness of the accusations are far apart.

I am just coming from the position that I dont want accusations to force resignations on their own.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

But of either of these people, or anyone for that matter, is proved guilty on a fair setting, they should be held accounatble.

The price of believing someone is guilty based merely on accusations will be very severe, and lead to a witch hunt scenario where all politics and business advancements will be decided by which side can drum up the most accusations against the other.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sacrificing sure does come easy.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

He should resign too, "if he's guilty"
If he's innocent he should fight the claim.

I judge my politicians with the same yardstick.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I don't disagree. But, he's running for Senate and there's more than one person making accusations. I think he should let someone else take over the run for the Senate until he straightens it out.

Maybe they need to make the statute of limitations not apply to accusations of pedophilia. Besides, it's always going to be his word against hers. What if it really did happen. Then how does someone not in authority ever get justice?

edit on 16-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I agree the egregiousness of the accusations are far apart.

I am just coming from the position that I dont want accusations to force resignations on their own.

But of either of these people, or anyone for that matter, is proved guilty on a fair setting, they should be held accounatble.

The price of believing someone is guilty based merely on accusations will be very severe, and lead to a witch hunt scenario where all politics and business advancements will be decided by which side can drum up the most accusations against the other.

But hasn't the OP author already, repeatedly shown us all here that rule of law is irrelevant when the mob accusations are all that is needed to discern guilt and the breaking of the actual law.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I said I agreed with you. What more do you want.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

It seems tragic to me. I don't see the humor.

Ummm...and yet here you are...falling for it all over again...just as you do multiple times a day...

Bravo...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's funny, now that we explore this everyone is like "innocent until proven guity". But I'm not feeling the love of innocent until proven guilty in this thread:

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Right, unless it's Clinton. She hasn't even been indited but let's string that _itch up!!!

edit on 16-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

I don't disagree. But, he's running for Senate and there's more than one person making accusations. I think he should let someone else take over the run for the Senate until he straightens it out.

Maybe they need to make the statute of limitations not apply to accusations of pedophilia. Besides, it's always going to be his word against hers. What if it really did happen. Then how does someone not in authority ever get justice?

Justice is achieved by filing charges and bring it to court. If you cannot prove your accusations in a court of law, then that does suck....but that is the way the justice system in this country works. This is why it is so important to convince and support people to come forward WHEN IT HAPPENS so that evidence and sworn testimony can be collected and used in the lawsuit.

Wait too long, and for some "opportune time" to make the accusation and you will be viewed with less credibility. Does it mean the accuser is lying, no, just that the burden of proof is upon the accuser, NOT the accused.

That is a BIG BIG difference.

A difference you seem to want to toss int he trash bin for convenience and group think.

Me, no, I still adhere to innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Is it aggravating sometimes, yes, but that is what we all are supposed to be held to as a standard. And we ALL are innocent against any unproven accusations.

link   
a reply to: YouSir

Then why are you here other than you worthless ad hominem attacks rather than saying anything meaningful to the conversation. Oh, you have nothing meaningful to say because you are an "always right sponge".

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Nevermind...not worth the effort.
edit on 16-11-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

A lot of women are getting groped. I'm not sure they would all agree with you.

What would a 14 year old girl have to say in court that would make you believe Roy Moore was guilty? He didn't rape her. There's no semen evidence. He just showed his erect dick to her. Is it right or wrong?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I have about as much power in this country as newly arrived immigrant. I assure you the billionaire cabal paying the lobbyists to control the politicians has a lot more power than I will ever have.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join