It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado doctors claim baby boy is first marijuana overdose death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

We will begin to see deaths in the future, after Monsanto starts playing with Cannabis DNA.

Every single strain of weed not associated with natural growth is GMO.

Not likely. I would need to know if the child received any of the mandatory multitude of shots kids are forced to get.

Conflating one issue with another and both are based on pseudoscience and paranoia.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If this story is true, and it is confirmed that an overdose of THC contributed to this child's death, it would mark the first recorded death of a human through the consumption of marijuana. That would be one more death than ever recorded from GMOs.
edit on 16 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Your statement is false.
A friend of mine, Nevil, would certainly disagree with you. Genetically Modified Organisim has something taken out and something else put in from another organisim or animal. That doesn't happen in the wild, or on Humboldt pot farms, or in San Fernando Valley bedrooms. It does however happen at Monsanto, and those currently present in your body right this moment

originally posted by: projectvxn

We will begin to see deaths in the future, after Monsanto starts playing with Cannabis DNA.

Every single strain of weed not associated with natural growth is GMO.

Not likely. I would need to know if the child received any of the mandatory multitude of shots kids are forced to get.

Conflating one issue with another and both are based on pseudoscience and paranoia.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Be fair people, it is almost 100 years ago since they played the Reefer Madness card. Just grab some popcorn and try no to laugh too loudly...

Neville's Haze...?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Babies should stick to vaping.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

In my mind, the jury is still out on the negative impact of GMO, especially long term.

But, its important to make the distinction between genetic engineering (GE) and genetically modified organisms (GMO). They are related, but not the same thing.

I only mention it because in a topic with so much confusion and conflation, I feel its important to be clear and concise.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The dispensaries around my area would argue with you on that.

Go talk to the good folks at Blum about where they get their weed and whether it's GM or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

In my mind, the jury is still out on the negative impact of GMO, especially long term.

GM foods have been around for more than 30 years. There are over 3000 studies done on the safety of GM foods.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

While in this fast paced day and age, 30 years may be considered long term, I was thinking more in terms of generations coupled with inevitable advancements in the field.

You probably care more about your position, I just think its important to make the distinction between GE and GMO as they are all too often confused in a topic filled with conflation. Not really the topic though.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Serdgiam

GM foods have been around for more than 30 years. There are over 3000 studies done on the safety of GM foods.

Yeah. Mostly on too-short-study rodent populations so they could "prove" it had no adverse health effects.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If this is the case, then it could translate to Adults with weak hearts who partake in Marijuana. Yet, not event has occured.
Perhaps the diagnosis is wrong and the child died of a straight up heart attack as a result of increased BP and anxiety depending in the strain and amount.

Some marijuana is too damn strong for its own good these days and what a surprise, Colorado, a state that could experiment with powerful strains.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First of all leaving or using any kind of medical substance or non medical substance in reach of or around your child could result in death and you should assume it will.

What awful parenting.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yeah. Mostly on too-short-study rodent populations so they could "prove" it had no adverse health effects.

Citation for this needed.

If you wanna know more about GMOs outside of the BS posted on Natural News or right here on ATS I recommend www.geneticliteracyproject.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Use some common sense people.

Please limit your infant to no more than 3 bong rips per session.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wait a cotton picking minute here.......

An established anti-inflammatory compound ended up causing.................... inflammation? Of the heart?

I'm going to go on the record saying that this is a total load of BS.

So, in keeping with this line of deductive reasoning, does drinking large amounts of water cause dehydration?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Let's say the kid died from thc. Let's call it fact. Would be the first reported case ever. Would be parents fault. Unfortunately if it is true which I don't think it is this well definitely be used as ammo for the anti crowd. That's unfortunate.
A lot of # could kill an 11 month old. Don't mean all that # should be illegal.
I don't believe this though.
The wording is all wrong.
I call hit piece

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The dispensaries around my area would argue with you on that.

Go talk to the good folks at Blum about where they get their weed and whether it's GM or not.

The dispensaries don't know anything, the breeders do though.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

As you read towards the bottom you see it says that the study takes it a step further and theorizes the death is from marijuana cause they could not find another reason.
And one thing led to another and da kidz hart dun stoppd.
Gtfo

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why does this have to be a hit piece or some anti MJ push?

I wish people would admit that things like this can and will happen with some people, it's not that big of a deal to admit that MJ may not be the perfect plant hell it was not that long ago that we were scratching our heads about kids dying because of a peanut allergy.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This is an attempt at grabbing the emotional "vote" of the populace....9

"Oh noes, another gun just went and shot somebody... there oughta be a law!!!"

"Oh noes, we've gotta think about the babies... what about the BABIES!!! There oughta be a law!!!"

In both scenarios... there ARE laws in place.... And sadly, in both scenarios it was either carelessness on the owners part OR carelessness on the part of the person who used it.

Oh, and one thing I'd like to add to this. Here in Colorado... you are not allowed to leave the store with your marijuana in anything other than a child proof container/bag.... the ones I've seen are basically FedEx envelopes (made out of some sort of cut/ tear resistant plastic) with a Ziploc mechanism that is a pain in the ads for adults to open let alone a child. If you leave the marijuana in there... it's as good of a deterant as child proof prescription bottles are.

Now... to chime in with e eryone else....

We need to ban cars... phones... doctors... water... food... guns... EVERYTHING....

THE BUBBLE WRAP COMPANIES ARE SALIVATING OVER THE REVENUE ALREADY!!! WE'LL ONLY BE SAFE ONCE WERE ALL BUBBLE WRAPPED!!!!
edit on 16-11-2017 by FHomerK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join