It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: pavil

.........Or until they admit they did it.
No need for a trial when you admit guilt.

He admitted it was a joke. He never admitted to sexual assault.

He admitted he did it, and it's sexual assault by definition. Calling it a joke doesn't change that.

He admitted the joke was offensive. You’re offended. That doesn’t make it sexual assault.

Jocularity and offensiveness have absolutely nothing to do with whether it's sexual assault or not.

What is Sexual Assault?
Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

DOJ

Placing your hands on a woman's chest without her permission is fondling, whether you did it as a joke or not. It is therefore sexual assault. You're entitled to your own opinion, but this isn't a matter of opinion. Things like these have legal definitions. You don't get to invent new ones because they're inconvenient. You're wrong.

Of course I don't expect you to admit it. You've been wrong for 32 pages, you're too invested in your alternative facts.
edit on 17 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

It looks like he was kidding around, to me.
would it be all right for a person to get down between someone's legs, as long as they're not touching them – and make some kind of lewd gesture towards that person's genitalia? I mean as long as they're not touching them

It would be inappropriate behavior. Nothing criminal. But if he/she BLOWS AIR on that person's private parts, then it's sexual assault.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So, is this an early photo of Al Franken in his natural state? HAHAHAHA....

That was funny, so if it triggered you....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

a reply to: soberbacchus

Personally I find his behavior in that picture distasteful. But I will not sacrifice him on the alter of public opinion—twitter—because of some accusation. By the known rules of ancient liberty—innocent until proven guilty.

LM,

I have not seen eye to eye with you on this board very frequently, but in this instance, I agree with you one hundred percent.

Is what he did bad behavior? Yep. Should he get sacrificed for it? I am not so sure.

Context is always important.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Al keeps FEMINISTS jappy so I'm sure they'll begin the SOP Clinton job for him,as usual....lawyers.
WHAT 'S REALLY hilarious, is when they have these court cases to pay off the victims, from EITHER side ,WE pay that bill.
edit on 17-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

He admitted it was a joke. He never admitted to sexual assault, unless the story has unfolded since I payed any attention to it last.

He forcefull kissed her against her will, and then took a picture grabbing her chest area while she was unconcious, Flak jacket or not, thats sexual assault, what alternate reality are you living in. Your hypocrisy and downplaying knows no bounds. You have lambasted anyone thats conservative for much less.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

He admitted it was a joke. He never admitted to sexual assault, unless the story has unfolded since I payed any attention to it last.

So he was just apologizing for the joke? Ah, I see. That's why he had to do it 3 times already and I'm sure more apologies will be coming.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

He forcefull kissed her against her will, and then took a picture grabbing her chest area while she was unconcious, Flak jacket or not, thats sexual assault, what alternate reality are you living in. Your hypocrisy and downplaying knows no bounds. You have lambasted anyone thats conservative for much less.

He's actually not lambasted conservatives for much less or even the same... I THINK the point he is making is that we can't go around concluding guilt based on accusations that are unproven. The picture itself does not prove sexual assault in any way and could be a joke - even if it's a bad one. The issue of Frankenstein forcibly kissing her is one where there is only an accusation and no proof.

It seems there is a social movement hell-bent on forcing everyone to believe any woman who claims sexual assault, with the typical emotional blackmail attached to smear and point fingers at people who DON'T believe the accusations. That should never happen. Women (and men) should have to prove such accusations, without exception.
edit on 18/11/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That guy is like Frankenstein revised.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove

THIS disturbs me. I don't think i'll sleep without the nightmares tonight.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove

All Franken was a professional clown. Roy Moore was a Supreme Court Judge. Let that sink in.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Al Frankenstein IS a professional clown and US Senator - let that sink in.

He's also one of those weird clowns - the kind that suggests comedy skits whereby he drugs and rapes Lesley Stahl.

edit on 18/11/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Al Frankenstein IS a professional clown and US Senator - let that sink in.

He's also one of those weird clowns - the kind that suggests comedy skits whereby he drugs and rapes Lesley Stahl.

I am not at all surprised that you do not understand that comedy is about exposing the pitfalls of human nature. In the photograph, Franken is making lascivious gestures towards someone who is not only disinterested, but literally armored against physical contact. Do you see any possibility of sexual gratification in that image? If you do, you are the one with the problem. Franken is not ridiculing or objectifying the woman, he is mocking the sort of man who would pursue a women who is not interested in him. It is like Harpo Marx chasing screaming girls. Unbound id: the definition of an idiot. In other words he is mocking the sort of behavior that Roy Moore actually pursued, and Donald Trump boasted about.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I don;t really care about the photo.

The accusation of him forcibly sticking his tongue down a woman's throat and musing about comedy skits in which he rapes Lesley Stahl and takes nude pictures of her is somewhat more troubling.

I can see why you are focusing on the picture, though. Anything to defend him... just one big joke when it's not someone in your crosshairs, eh? But when it comes to those you don't like, well now, that's serious stuff.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Where does he talk about drugging and raping Stahl? This sounds like one of your fantasies, not his.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ranger351

originally posted by: UnBreakable

....and John Wayne Gacy was just clowning around.

And I suppose Dahmer was just getting a bite to eat with some friends?

Ted Kaczynski was just having a pipe dream and blowing up, *ahem* I mean "off" some steam...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Where does he talk about drugging and raping Stahl? This sounds like one of your fantasies, not his.

He talks about it in his memoirs and has mentioned it previously in interviews.
It is actually Frankens fantasies. If you read up on him, this isn't the worst of it.
Here is a link to my earlier post.... post

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

originally posted by: Ranger351

originally posted by: UnBreakable

....and John Wayne Gacy was just clowning around.

And I suppose Dahmer was just getting a bite to eat with some friends?

Ted Kaczynski was just having a pipe dream and blowing up, *ahem* I mean "off" some steam...

Ed Gein was just a misunderstood feminist that took social justice to the Nth. He was just trying to "walk a mile in her shoes" and got a bit carried away and turned it into "dance around in her face".

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

1995 Interview in New York magazine

“And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her,’” Franken said. “Or, ‘that’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘when she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”

Not defending or attacking, just providing a link.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join