It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: pavil
'
Back to That's not what I remember of the rehearsal......

[Ex] The THIRD apology

Leeann Tweeden appeared Friday on 'The View' and said she received a third apology from Sen. Al Franken just before air time:

'Dear Leanne,

'I want to apologize to you personally. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture. That doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I understand why you feel violated by that photo. I remember that rehearsal differently. What's important is the impact on you and you felt violated by my actions. For that I apologize. I have tremendous respect for you and the work you do for the USO. I am so sorry.

'Sincerely, Al Franken

In other words he's saying he doesn't believe her. I thought all accusers must be believed?

Only if they accuse people who don't agree with globalist propaganda.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Grambler

It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

Well the woman in the picture says in the Hill article linked in the OP that he forced his tongue down her throat.

Big deal.

Youre a disgusting human being if thats how you really think, and exposes your clear bias with all the BS threads you have made claiming some moral high ground, along with your responses to the other allegations against other people being accused of sexual assault.

Ugh this should be screen shot and saved and every time you try to come up with another hypocritical point, or feign some outrage , it should be posted

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

....and John Wayne Gacy was just clowning around.

And I suppose Dahmer was just getting a bite to eat with some friends?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Part of testosterone is admiring, secretly or not, the fact that some other dude got away with some kind of ballsy, possibly inappropriate behavior. This a fact of the endocrine system, one that mere morals and dogma cannot change. Consider the POTUS. In my town nobody admitted they were voting for him. They lied on the exit polls. At the end of the day, many people don't care if their leaders or idols are badly behaved humans, so long as they sin boldly and without apology. Populist politicians and popular evangelists tend to be this way. This attraction to base behavior combined with charisma and fame, is as old as human society -- as is also, the common person's resentment of hypocrisy or deceit in the people they trust.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
Part of testosterone is admiring, secretly or not, the fact that some other dude got away with some kind of ballsy, possibly inappropriate behavior. This a fact of the endocrine system, one that mere morals and dogma cannot change.

BS, sorry. maybe you and your other man-friends think that way. plenty of other men don't. take responsibility for your crap instead of blaming it on your hormones.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

Part of testosterone is admiring, secretly or not, the fact that some other dude got away with some kind of ballsy, possibly inappropriate behavior. This a fact of the endocrine system, one that mere morals and dogma cannot change.

Rape has nothing to do with testosterone. "getting away" with sexual assault? It represents an inability to compete and convince the opposite sex that you are worthy of being intimate with. It is the opposite of masculine success. It is masculine failure.

Using position and authority to gain sexual advantage? You are ugly inside and out and need to threaten consequence. Might as well just pay for it because no one is naturally attracted to you without financial incentive.

Date rape? Sick effs unable to be men, use drugs to incapacitate women they want to be with.
Roy Moore? Actual women find him a super creep and unattractive, so he preys on tween girls and locks them in his car while he gropes them.

Nothing admirable for REAL men. Real men don't need to be pretty or rich.
They don't need to drug women or prey on children.
They just have to be men and be honorable when it matters.

Consider the POTUS. In my town nobody admitted they were voting for him. They lied on the exit polls. At the end of the day, many people don't care if their leaders or idols are badly behaved humans, so long as they sin boldly and without apology.

Maybe you just live in a sh**hole? Ya now, some forgotten corner of the country where the most complex electoral choice that the common yokel could muster was the orange clown that offended those "educated elite"? Shame and cowardice is why people said different on exit polls. Anger and ignorance is what led them to vote differently. It takes a real wounded soul to vote for the dumbest candidate and one that says he would bang his daughter if he wasn't inconveniently related to her.

I am more interested in how those angry and ignorant folks got forgotten in the first place and what we need to do to improve thier world. They are our brothers and sisters in this grand experiment, so whatever led them to the corner without notice from the rest needs to be examined.

Populist politicians and popular evangelists tend to be this way. This attraction to base behavior combined with charisma and fame, is as old as human society -- as is also, the common person's resentment of hypocrisy or deceit in the people they trust.

You might be right there. Eff them anyways. Men and Women of honor abide by a difficult standard they choose for themselves. My money is on those aspiring for their best selves. Darkness is an absence of light. Light is a force unto itself.
Light wins, because darkness needs light to exist.
edit on 17-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Youre a disgusting human being if thats how you really think, and exposes your clear bias with all the BS threads you have made claiming some moral high ground, along with your responses to the other allegations against other people being accused of sexual assault.

Ugh this should be screen shot and saved and every time you try to come up with another hypocritical point, or feign some outrage , it should be posted

That's not the first time the thought police have come around trying to pretend they are better people because they think and speak a certain way. No, you're disgusting because you believe your happy little thoughts is a substitute for behavior. It's fake.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: intrepid

Is there anyone that thinks the photo is actually humorous?

Kids maybe. I don't. But I also don't think he's touching her either.

You can plainly see his fingertip flattened against her:

That arrow points to a finger TOUCHING her breast area. ARE YOU BLIND????!@?@??@?@?
edit on 17-11-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Sum it up Les.

Al Frankin?

Appropriate? or not?

Funny? or not?

Offensive? or not?

Assualt? or Not?

Battery? or not?

If he was GOP? would you vote for him? or not?

PC or not?

What punishment does this warrant? Apology? Stoning? Forgiveness? Understanding? Laughter? Condemnation?

Politics aside...what world are we slipping into? EVERYONE in their twenties lives with an online pictorial and written personal history documentary at the disposal of everyone else on planet earth these days. Where does that lead when mixed with generous condemnation?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Points for the explanation marks!!!!

Revise your quoting practice for better posts.

Hard to care when you treat an AL Frankin gag like the Zupbruder film from the Kennedy assassination.

That pinky contact through an inch worth of steel plating offended the victim so much she has forgiven him 3 times already with 3 different apologies.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Personally I find his behavior in that picture distasteful. But I will not sacrifice him on the alter of public opinion—twitter—because of some accusation. By the known rules of ancient liberty—innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: soberbacchus
—innocent until proven guilty.

.........Or until they admit they did it.
No need for a trial when you admit guilt.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

He admitted it was a joke. He never admitted to sexual assault, unless the story has unfolded since I payed any attention to it last.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

would it be all right for a person to get down between someone's legs, as long as they're not touching them – and make some kind of lewd gesture towards that person's genitalia? I mean as long as they're not touching them

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
this will hurt him as it should.

or, is this considered locker room play??

LMFAO what? you are comparing what someone "said" vs a visual of an actual act?

I'm so dumbfounded as to how blindly people follow their "Left" or "right" party to the point they will just start using out of context and irrelevant comparisons.

When will people actually start to think for themself instead of blindly following a "party?"....you guys do know that our politics is what is actually the root of all racism right? because people are segregated by what party they follow, they will hate the opposing side no matter how reasonable or no matter how much they might agree with them, but their current party won't allow it....same exact thing that causes racism...just replace Left and right or dem and rep with black and white. No difference at all. just blindly follow like a lemming.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

He admitted it was a joke. He never admitted to sexual assault.

He admitted he did it, and it's sexual assault by definition. Calling it a joke doesn't change that.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

would it be all right for a person to get down between someone's legs, as long as they're not touching them – and make some kind of lewd gesture towards that person's genitalia? I mean as long as they're not touching them

depends. Did the person who the act was against get offended? did they press charges. OR are people trying to be white knights?

Just because someone does a lewd action towards someone else and you see it doesn't mean it's offensive or harassment. Just because its offensive to the on looker doesn't mean it's offensive to all. That's like me, going up to a friend who is a girl and i slap her backside in public, she laughs and doesn't care but a witness looks at it and goes OMG that's so inappropriate, he should be arrested....really? people need to stop being SJW's and worry about their own life and stop trying to act as if what other people do to other people is offensive and try to answer for the other party.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Someone already edited his wikipedia page.

Notice molester?

I have always assumed he was a molester. He has the smarmy deviant face of a molester.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

He admitted it was a joke. He never admitted to sexual assault.

He admitted he did it, and it's sexual assault by definition. Calling it a joke doesn't change that.

He admitted the joke was offensive. You’re offended. That doesn’t make it sexual assault.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

It wouldn’t be sexual assault or groping.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join