It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: soberbacchus

So, if a surgeon fondles a patient under anesthesia...that's ok as long as there's no evidence that might alert the patient to having been assaulted?

I really hate this entire thread.

You and I both.

Steele plates and ballistic nylon and at most a pinky might be grazing a Steele plate in the general vicinity of a breast somewhere beneath.

No one cops a feel of steel....sounds like a billboard for a gun range...cop a feel of steel.

That qualifies for a lot of things ranging from bad humor to behavior worthy of condemnation, but groping it is not.

I am not condoning his behavior, but being real and honest about what we see matters.
edit on 16-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A second woman just came forward.
Says Franken harassed her too.

mediaequalizer.com...

I'm sorry, but that's the lamest thing I've read in regards to the recent plight of harassment claims.

She's upset that Al Franken called her house 3 times (her account, not mine), to argue. Like she was apart of an ongoing Jerky Boys skit? That's honestly probably the least hostile thing I've heard someone issue a statement over in my life.

He harassed her by calling her several times at home. The fact that he was so aggressive, bordering on stalking, is scary.

The producer should never have given out her phone number. That's a clear violation.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Picture this if you will.

"Sir do you know why I pulled you over?"

"No officer."

"You were doing 90 MPH going in the wrong direction and you're clearly intoxicated."

"I'm sorry officer I'm a comedian. It was clearly just a bad joke."

"Oh, wow! This is embarrassing, I didn't realize you're a funny man. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience"

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i don't think, looking at that picture, that he was actually touching her. it's still wrong. forcing a kiss on someone, also wrong.

i think he should step down. pains me to say it because i think he's done a lot of good work, but... wrong is wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

"No officer."

"You were doing 90 MPH going in the wrong direction and you're clearly intoxicated."

"Oh, wow! This is embarrassing, I didn't realize you're a funny man. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience"

The statement that he was a comedian was a correction of the false claim that he was a senator, not that he should be absolved of guilt because he makes jokes for a living. But what's a little straw-manning during a witch trial, am I right?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What we all should be pissed off about...Is a ( tax payer slush fund ) Congress has for Sexual

Harassment....when they get their ass in a bind ...We Pay For It...!

edit on 16-11-2017 by THEREDUNDANT1 because: Their

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

When is the call coming on the Senate floor to get rid of Franken? That is the standard now, the guy who didn't even make it to the Senate was being kicked out on just accusations.

Good point! Where is McConnell? He called for Roy Moore to drop out of the race within hours of the first accusation.

Roy Moore tried to rape a 14 year old girl.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What? I've seen a bunch of comments in this thread saying "it was just a joke, he was a comedian that's what they do".

It's almost as bad as the "she didn't intend to destroy the hard drives" excuse.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Allegedly* Without any evidence either, and at a very suspicious time.

Franken isn't running for office, and there is evidence. Including an admission of wrongdoing on his behalf for the forced kissing.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Judging by the thread about "Trumps ALLEGED treatment of women," some of your responses are truly flabbergasting.

Some people will be apologists to the very end, I suppose. Such is your right, but it has betrayed your credibility to anyone capable of reviewing that thread (and the many other hit-pieces like it)
edit on 11/16/2017 by JBurns because: Posted this as new reply to emphasize it is not directed at any specific person, just a general observation!****

edit on 11/16/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

What? I've seen a bunch of comments in this thread saying "it was just a joke, he was a comedian that's what they do".

It's almost as bad as the "she didn't intend to destroy the hard drives" excuse.

Yes, comedians joke about sexual assault. Puritans, sjws, feminists, and now Republicans condemn them for it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

mediaequalizer.com...

I'm sorry, but that's the lamest thing I've read in regards to the recent plight of harassment claims.

She's upset that Al Franken called her house 3 times (her account, not mine), to argue. Like she was apart of an ongoing Jerky Boys skit? That's honestly probably the least hostile thing I've heard someone issue a statement over in my life.

He harassed her by calling her several times at home. The fact that he was so aggressive, bordering on stalking, is scary.

The producer should never have given out her phone number. That's a clear violation.

Yes because calling someone up and having an argument is now world-wide condemnable offense.

And yes, while we are at it, lets' ruin this producer who provided contact information. He is just as bad as a pedophile for giving a phone number to a colleague.

Holy crap folks.

find your sense of reason.

I promise the alternative, while comfortable and convenient now will hurt you in the long run.

Think folks!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
I am not condoning his behavior, but being real and honest about what we see matters.

I see a man that thought he was so cute and funny by exploiting a pretty woman who probably rejected him, like she claims. He showed her and soothed his bruised ego.

I am thinking she deserves the benefit of the doubt, not him. If not for that photo...I would probably give it to him.

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: texasgirl

mediaequalizer.com...

Yes because calling someone up and having an argument is now world-wide condemnable offense.

And yes, while we are at it, lets' ruin this producer who provided contact information. He is just as bad as a pedophile for giving a phone number to a colleague.

Holy crap folks.

find your sense of reason.

I promise the alternative, while comfortable and convenient now will hurt you in the long run.

Think folks!

Yes the alternative like claiming definitively that morre tried to rape a 14 year old based solely on accusations.

Oh, like you just did!

link   

originally posted by: THEREDUNDANT1

What we all should be pissed off about...Is a ( tax payer slush fund ) Congress has for Sexual

Harassment....when they get ass in a bind ...We Pay For It...!

I agree 260 incidents costing taxpayers 15 million in payoffs. Congress has a problem and its not over yet

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

"No officer."

Yeah.
I wonder why Bill Cosby didn't go for the "I'm a Funny Guy" defense.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

People are having a hard time being consistent because of party politics. My view take them all to court battle it out

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong at all with this, however those that live by the sword, die by the sword.

This however is more serious:

Tweeden came forward Thursday, publishing her account of how Franken repeatedly tried to rehearse a kiss with her, and when he did, he stuck his tongue into her mouth without asking. He later took a picture in a military aircraft grinning with his hands over her breasts as she slept.

He has nowhere to turn and must step down.
I think he will keeping his mouth firmly shut from now on about others.
edit on 16/11/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I blame you and your ilk for making me agree with LesMisanthrope on this effen thread!!

Holy Jeezus. How the eff can he be the most reasonable person on this thread???

LOGIC matters!!!

Frankin is an ass, but he isn't groping anyone in that picture.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im staring to get a bit suspicious about all of this, largely because Roger Stone was tweeting about Al Franken going down about 12 hours before this came out, and I'd like to know who or what gave him that knowledge of what was going to happen. I find basically everything around Roger Stone shady, so this raises some red flags with me.

That being said, do I really doubt Al Franken would have done that even in a joking manner, no..not at all, doesnt make it right just like Trump's wasnt right, Franken called for an investigation into it, and I hope the investigation happens, and I'd like to see the results.
edit on 16-11-2017 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join