It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

When is the call coming on the Senate floor to get rid of Franken? That is the standard now, the guy who didn't even make it to the Senate was being kicked out on just accusations.

Good point! Where is McConnell? He called for Roy Moore to drop out of the race within hours of the first accusation.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The "He is a comedian" or "He was just making a joke" excuse is a cop out.

Lets go generic:

If Guy A grabs Girl B's boobs and says: "Sorry, I'm a comedian...and it was just a bad joke!".
Is the woman any less violated?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Lets go generic:

If Guy A grabs Girl B's boobs and says: "Sorry, I'm a comedian...and it was just a bad joke!".

Tangent, not reality, achieved.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

Isn't she wearing an armored vest? They were getting prepared to leave the safe zone in Afghanistan and had to dress according, I think I heard her say. It does look lewd, and I would be absolutely furious if someone took a picture of me like that.

But I think he copped a feel of a bullet proof vest. But it clearly shows what he had on his mind. Creepy.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

A second woman just came forward.
Says Franken harassed her too.

mediaequalizer.com...

I'm sorry, but that's the lamest thing I've read in regards to the recent plight of harassment claims.

She's upset that Al Franken called her house 3 times (her account, not mine), to argue. Like she was apart of an ongoing Jerky Boys skit? That's honestly probably the least hostile thing I've heard someone issue a statement over in my life.

link   

Al Franken’s complicated history with condemning and joking about sexual assault

Seems he apologizes for lots of sexually offensive things he has done. The Leslie Stahl bit in the link is a fine example.

Source

link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: intrepid

Is there anyone that thinks the photo is actually humorous?

Kids maybe. I don't. But I also don't think he's touching her either.

You can plainly see his fingertip flattened against her:

So one in ten fingertips might have made contact through a FLACK VEST.

Al Frankin is really, really bad at groping.

Again, it is inappropriate and he deserves to get "flack" for it, but pretending this picture shows something it doesn't does not inform the debate IMO.

So if there were no picture at all, you would not believe any of her story?

???

The picture is the only reason this woman is even aware of it?
She would not even have a story without it, because she wasn't aware until she saw the picture.

“It wasn’t until I was back in the U.S. and looking through the CD of photos we were given by the photographer that I saw this one,” Tweeden wrote about the photo on in her KABC article.

“How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?”

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

mediaequalizer.com...

I'm sorry, but that's the lamest thing I've read in regards to the recent plight of harassment claims.

She's upset that Al Franken called her house 3 times (her account, not mine), to argue. Like she was apart of an ongoing Jerky Boys skit? That's honestly probably the least hostile thing I've heard someone issue a statement over in my life.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't"

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Again, it is inappropriate and he deserves to get "flack" for it, but pretending this picture shows something it doesn't does not inform the debate IMO.

???

She would not even have a story without it, because she wasn't aware until she saw the picture.

“It wasn’t until I was back in the U.S. and looking through the CD of photos we were given by the photographer that I saw this one,” Tweeden wrote about the photo on in her KABC article.

Once again you are going to ignore ALL the other details of this story. The Photo was after all of the other stuff.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

mediaequalizer.com...

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't"

He's not "disrespecting" her by trying to argue with her about budget numbers, nor is it even contextually the same thing as what that quote is referencing.

Is there something wrong with you?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

So, if a surgeon fondles a patient under anesthesia...that's ok as long as there's no evidence that might alert the patient to having been assaulted?

I really hate this entire thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

???

Once again you are going to ignore ALL the other details of this story. The Photo was after all of the other stuff.

Because forcing your tongue down a resisting woman's throat is too difficult to defend.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

I am torn about this but find myself agreeing with you for the most part.

I wonder if this has a political bent to it in regards to her being a conservative commentator on Hannity and other shows. Could she have been asked to come out with this story now? Hardball politics? Deflection from Moore? Or guilty as charged???

The thing here is she is claiming he groped her while she was asleep, but he isn't really touching her in the photo. The tongue kiss may have been a missed signal on his part, or it may have been more coercive on his part, I don't know. She felt awkward about it. I am having trouble with the groping part of the accusation because it doesn't seem honest. Sure, it's a creeper move of a joke, but if he isn't feeling her up then she wasn't groped, she is merely the victim of a tasteless joke, and she was known for her breasts...

She also was a playboy model and crowned some sort of Hooters award for "best of all time shooters girl" or something?

That may have had something to do with staging a "near-grope" photo?

In 1996, Tweeden appeared non-nude in a fitness model pictorial for Playboy magazine. Fifteen years later, at 38 years old, she appeared again in the December, 2011 issue of Playboy, this time posing in a nude pictorial. In 2002, she was a guest character in the motocross video game Freekstyle as a motocross rider. The March 2007 Issue of FHM (which was the final printed US issue) featured Tweeden as the cover girl.[7] As part of Hooters' 25th anniversary in 2008, she was named among "The Top Hooters Girls of all time

Leeann Tweeden

Not saying this justifies treating her badly or justifies anything, by the way. It is however part of who she is and what she was known for...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

You mean, locker room humor?

Like Trump joking about Grabbing by the.....

Yeah, that's not gonna fly.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: soberbacchus

So, if a surgeon fondles a patient under anesthesia...that's ok as long as there's no evidence that might alert the patient to having been assaulted?

I really hate this entire thread.

If you really hate this thread you should try going through the 'Woman who accused Franken says she accepts his apology" thread.

That's a fun one.

edit on 16-11-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Unfortunately I did.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Lets go generic:

He didn't grab her boobs, therefor no violation. The copout is when you start to believe false accusations only when it suits you.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He French kissed her in a comedy sketch, I hope he used tic tacs

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

When is the call coming on the Senate floor to get rid of Franken? That is the standard now, the guy who didn't even make it to the Senate was being kicked out on just accusations.

Good point! Where is McConnell? He called for Roy Moore to drop out of the race within hours of the first accusation.

Of course, a 14 year old girl who Roy Moore took behind a dumpster in his car, and tried to push her head down to his open fly while she was crying and struggling, vs. a grown woman, and a forced kiss.

Yeah. Same thing.

: @@ :
edit on 11/16/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. They are saying there should be an ethics investigation. So once again they would investigate themselves. I don't know what to make of this anymore. I listen to the interview the woman gave. And it took her coming out for him to say he is sorry. Doesn't really wash with me. She said that their paths crossed and that she and her husband were cold to him and how she thought he would of got the hint then. She accepted his second apology which is good for her but I'm not buying what this politician is selling. Personally I'm not buying a whole lot of anything coming out of DC.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join