It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

He could have done that without touching her......

I don't think he *was* touching her.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I caught this on the news:

A reporter asked Rep Cornyn in the hall if he was "surprised" by the allegations against Franken.

"Not entirely," he replied.

Hmmmm....Maybe there have been past rumors swirling around about AL Franken?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

Wow. For the 6th time, the photo isn't the problem. It's the lead up to that photo and the rehearsal, tongue, and actions by Frakken, including said photo, that are the main issue. Unwanted advances in someone.

Continue to ignore the elephant in the room.

You believe her false accusation even after its been proven wrong, simply because she made the accusation. That will get you through life.

TBH, it hasn't been "proven" either way. I'm totally comfortable with letting it play out. I'm sure if he's done this before, the floodgates will open. I have faith in him.

I'm not saying he should resign, just that he's a creep. Senator Creep, not that we should hold them to some higher standard, because you know, that would be wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

A reporter asked Rep Cornyn in the hall if he was "surprised" by the allegations against Franken.

OR, he may be thinking, "Nothing that nutbar might do would surprise me." See what you can do when you speculate?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

One thing I would NEVER have my kids do is be a Congressional Page in Washington DC.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
I will only point out this one difference and by no means do I want to suggest or imply that what Franken did was ok.

But about the two being compared (Franken and Moore) I see one glaring difference.

Franken has apologized for his actions and how they may have been interpreted. (again, we'll just have to take her word for it).

Moore, on the other hand, is still claiming this is all made up . (also, taking their words for it)

But the evidence absolutely says Franken BETTER apologize, he is in a spot. There is none to substantiate the Moore case as there should be if you were going to ruin someone over it. I am looking for some evidence if you have any......So far I see nothing yet that is proof and lots of doubt on the cases on Moore.
edit on 16-11-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That photo must be russian propaganda!

We need more internet censorship of this, right Franken?

Or maybe it was the CIA making it look like the Russians did it.

link   
A second woman just came forward.
Says Franken harassed her too.

mediaequalizer.com...

link   
I guess if a Senator held up some leg irons and whip behind a sleeping black man for a cheap gag photo...it would be totes fine, because they didn't actually enslave them.

Or maybe that's different because racism is so much more important than sexism/sexual harassment/misogyny.

I am disappointed in some ATSers, here, and will bow out of the thread now.

edit on 11/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
a reply to: Dfairlite

Well there wasn't much else he could do given the photographic evidence.

Incorrect.

He could deny, deny, deny just like Moore and the yearbook.

But the photo says, oh hell...... on the deny part.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I guess if a Senator held up some leg irons and whip behind a sleeping black man for a cheap gag photo...it would be totes fine, because they didn't actually enslave them.

Or maybe that's different because racism is so much more important than sexism/sexual harassment/misogyny.

I am disappointed in some ATSers, here, and will bow out of the thread now.

He was a comedian.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

As much as I despise Franken, I think it was all a gag as well...she's wearing a protective armored vest, which might have been just for Franken for all we know lol! Was it an unwanted sexual advance or just a gag? We'll never know unless she speaks out...
Now I am sure there are plenty of call boys willing to testify that Franken assaulted them lol
edit on 11/16/2017 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It seems this was Franken's SECOND apology because the first one didn't go over well at all:

www.cnn.com...

And this is CNN'S editor- at- large.

To me, it seems he's admitting (by not denying) he touched her in the photo. That's just my take.
edit on 16-11-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

OR, he may be thinking, "Nothing that nutbar might do would surprise me." See what you can do when you speculate?

I can see your post as meaning the same thing: "Nothing that nut bar might do would surprise me, including sexual assault."

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The difference between Franken and that jackass in Alabama is that Franken isn’t going around lying and pretending his accusation is a conservative republican hit job on him.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A second woman just came forward.
Says Franken harassed her too.

mediaequalizer.com...

OK, that's creepy.

It seems this was Franken's SECOND apology because the first one didn't go over well at all:

www.cnn.com...

And this is CNN'S editor- at- large.

To me, it seems he's admitting (by not denying) he touched her in the photo. That's just my take.

Guy Cecil, the former head of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and now the boss of a leading Democratic super PAC, voiced his frustration with the inadequacy of Franken's apology on Twitter.
"That was not an apology and was an insufficient response to serious allegations," Cecil tweeted. "Al Franken must be held accountable if our party wants to live up to our commitment to women & girls."

The Party is eating it's own. Franken is history I think.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The difference between Franken and that jackass in Alabama is that Franken isn’t going around lying and pretending his accusation is a conservative republican hit job on him.

To be fair, he is denying the worst part of it. He stated the same twice.

I certainly don't remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

When is the call coming on the Senate floor to get rid of Franken? That is the standard now, the guy who didn't even make it to the Senate was being kicked out on just accusations.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It might be distasteful, but certainly not as damning as actually enslaving someone. Legally, I’m sure there would be a difference, too. I just wanted to point that out.

edit on 16pmThu, 16 Nov 2017 16:14:03 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Is that a defense of Frakken? If so, I don't think you are helping him.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join