It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Can they handle themselves even while they're unconscious?
I don't even understand how you could try and defend this action when the chester Al Franken himself feels remorse.
Whats that say about you?

That I can tell the difference between a joke and sexual assault. What does the opposite say about you?

He himself said it wasn't funny...

So? The humor he enjoys may not be the humor he does for those that do. One of Alice Cooper's fav. singers is Sinatra.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
On the photo, I think a person needs to ask themselves, if that was my wife, my daughter, my sister, would I be OK with him groping her breasts in a photo while she is sleeping.

Oh I would be pissed.

However, I dont think I would call for his resignation over it.

If he put his tongue in my wifes throat, thats a far mores serious matter to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Why not?

It's disrespectful; it's not funny; it's ill-mannered; it's uncouth; it's ungentlemanly.

Great answers, LM.

I don't really see why there is anything to defend here with Franken. It appears his fingertips are grazing her chest. He crossed the line there....and it's no big loss if he were to just resign. I hope he doesn't waste any resources on an ethics investigation to try to clear his name.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

The arguement is made by the women alleging this.....do you believe her side of it?

You give him the benefit of a doubt.....we will see if others step forward as well.

We disagree, that's fine.

Is he or is he not "grabbing" her breast in the photo?

The close up looks indeterminate. The photo is proof they interacted.

I'm more concerned about the alleged Rehearsal and tonguing. You are silent about that.

Do you believe her statement of not wanting to rehearse that part, especially not in private and her claim of him sticking his tongue down her?

Defend creepy behavior all you want. I've yet to ram my tongue into someone's mouth I just met and have no relationship with, have you?

Once again do you believe her side of the story, yes or no?

link   

originally posted by: knoxie

a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Big deal?

So you would be OK if this had happened to your daughter? Or mother?

FOH

The women in my family know how to handle themselves. What they wouldn't do is bring it up a decade later in order to defame someone.

Can they handle themselves even while they're unconscious?
I don't even understand how you could try and defend this action when the chester Al Franken himself feels remorse.
Whats that say about you?

i'm sure you're equally outraged by trump walking in on teens undressing.

do you consider walking in on teen girls cuz you can get away with it sexual assault?

Bravo, way to deflect.
You dont even know if im a trump supporter or not and yet hear you are grasping at straws.
Get over trump, ma' boy, sounds like you have an obsession.

can't answer the question?

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

On the photo, I think a person needs to ask themselves, if that was my wife, my daughter, my sister, would I be OK with him groping her breasts in a photo while she is sleeping.

Oh I would be pissed.

If he put his tongue in my wifes throat, thats a far mores serious matter to me.

What if it was Nancy Pelosi's fingertips grazing your crotch while she pretended to grope you for a photo while you were asleep?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

She said she was groped while she slept, citing the picture as evidence, yet the picture shows no such thing. Yet you believe it?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Is there anyone that thinks the photo is actually humorous?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Kids maybe. I don't. But I also don't think he's touching her either.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Does she have her armored plates in? Because if she does, what he did in the pic is nothing to be worried about other than his joking about assaulting her while she is sleeping is a little disturbing.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

She said she was groped while she slept, citing the picture as evidence, yet the picture shows no such thing. Yet you believe it?

Still no answer on the tongue huh?

The photo is a moment in time captured. She says she was groped. The photo shows him close to if not touching her breast in an intentional manner. It's not a big stretch of the imagination to think he didn't go further. That she remembers this tends to support her version of it while Frakken's "memory loss" of it is a classical creep response as well.

Pics or it didn't happen huh?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It is really wonder is to me how a photo like this can stay under wraps for so long when a person is running for office

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If they were friends, it would be a funny photo. But with the back story (his harassment and her avoiding him all week because he couldn't take a hint) it's more disturbing, like he was trying to be a jerk to her.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Oh I would be pissed.

What if it was Nancy Pelosi's fingertips grazing your crotch while she pretended to grope you for a photo while you were asleep?

Honestly, I would laugh, and tell anyone that wanted to use that against her to chill out.

And I strongly dislike her.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think he sees the kiss and tongue part as what he has to worry about and it's obvious in how he words his apologies. Most won't even notice his wording and think he was just apologizing.

I agree, the photo can be written off to bad judgement.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

are all these sexual allegations coming out from every corner indicative of the atmosphere of pedowood and Washington?

Or were these possibly good people that were corrupted by power and no accountability? Or do people only get to these high places of power when they were corrupt to begin with?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is ridiculous. U.s. senator Al Franken should be censured and not allowed to vote for a month.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Kids maybe. I don't. But I also don't think he's touching her either.

You can plainly see his fingertip flattened against her:

He just had to touch very lightly so as not to awaken her and give her a chance to say, "Get the F- away from me!"

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

a reply to: Grambler

I can not tell if he is touching them or not in that picture.

regardless, you keep making it seem as if this is all about the picture, which I agree with you was a joke most likely.

The fact that you dont believe her is irrelevant.

The point is, you continue to act as if this is all just people being upset at a bad joke, and there are more to the accusations than that.

Even assuming he did stick his tongue down her throat, she said no, don't do that again, and he didn't do it again. Human interaction has a little more nuance than some of us might think.

I guess the issue really is about abuse of power.

Abuse of power is a real thing, it needs to be taken into account because if not then we pave the way for these creeps.

First and foremost, let me say I agree that "abuse of power" is a significant issue in our society when it comes to sex.

I also have been thinking what the reactionary consequences to society might be if their is over-reach in political correctness around abuse of power?

There are in fact places in the world where dating and marriage are restricted to people in your own social status, position, wealth etc.

I think "abuse of power" occurs when their is consequence or threat of consequence surrounding a sexual advance.

Defining romantic advances as "abuse of power" by simply comparing status or position seems to be where that slippery slope to strict social stratification begins.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So is this frankin thing tit for tat with moore?
More pointedly is this just about who has a majority in the senate?
The timing for moore and then frankin is really suspect imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join