It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

"While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences."

Well, he covered his behind while making the apology. Another version of "I do not recall". Seems to be his way of saying she is lying, while at the same time making himself appear to be falling on his sword. Sounds like his attorney wrote that.

Crazy times. This witch hunt will lead to some bad players getting their just deserves and others who are innocent being destroyed. No way to tell which is which just from what we get in the news. Franken supporters will think he's being railroaded and Franken haters will automatically think he's guilty. That's just how it is.

His apology was disingenuous and he's clearly building a defense of she's remembering it wrong. In both statements he inserts the part about not remembering it the same.

edit on 11/16/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: pavil

“And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her,’” Franken said. “Or, ‘that’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘when she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”

Link to Article

That's a hysterical joke isn't it? Almost as good as Louis CK's stuff.

He is so innocently funny.

I couldnt care less about the jokes.

So what?

I dont want to live in a humorless society.

I still think Louis was funny by the way.

But avtual actions of any type of abuse taken are a different matter that should be taken seriously.

We should not conflate jokes with actual actions though.

I used to think like that as well. But what people gravitate around while "pretending" and Joking is often just a thin veil for how they actually are.

Just wait.....more accusations will be forthcoming. It's how this behavior plays out.

"I was just joking around"

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Big deal?

So you would be OK if this had happened to your daughter? Or mother?

FOH

The women in my family know how to handle themselves. What they wouldn't do is bring it up a decade later in order to defame someone.

Can they handle themselves even while they're unconscious?
I don't even understand how you could try and defend this action when the chester Al Franken himself feels remorse.
Whats that say about you?

i'm sure you're equally outraged by trump walking in on teens undressing.

do you consider walking in on teen girls cuz you can get away with it sexual assault?

edit on 16-11-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

What's your obsession with trump? This is a thread about Al franken.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

“And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her,’” Franken said. “Or, ‘that’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘when she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”

Link to Article

So what?

But avtual actions of any type of abuse taken are a different matter that should be taken seriously.

I used to think like that as well. But what people gravitate around while "pretending" and Joking is often just a thin veil for how they actually are.

Just wait.....more accusations will be forthcoming. It's how this behavior plays out.

Some do, some dont.

Richard pryor did a lot of inappropriate sexual jokes; it was his way of dealing with the fact he was horribly molested as a child.

Its not the jokes fault, nor is the joke indicative of poor behavior.

So i see no reason to focus on the joke when there are actual accusations of physical wrong doing to be looked into.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

It's not funny,

Everybody has a different sense of humor, but I agree with you.

the woman involved sure didn't think it was funny....

Correct

and even if by some stretch of the imagination some believe this is some attempt at humor , what kind of "humor" ?

Inappropriate, edgy humor.

Grabbing sleeping women's breasts is funny ?

Pretending to and no, not really funny.

Worse yet he had someone film it, even more disturbing

That is kind of the point. If not for the Camera, he wouldn't have posed for the picture.
That camera does not disturb me. It would disturb me more if he actually did grope her and told the camera person no pictures.

.....another scumbag....Here's a thought, if you're a sexual defiant....Go hide in your defiant world with others like yourself, but WE'RE DONE allowing the scum to rule the World !

The word is "deviant"
Not sure what a sexual defiant is? Sounds like a sci-fi term for an apocalyptic future where sex has been banned altogether.

As far as Sexual Deviants? I prefer the dangerous and criminal ones in the full light of day, not hiding.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I don't even understand how you could try and defend this action when the chester Al Franken himself feels remorse.

That I can tell the difference between a joke and sexual assault. What does the opposite say about you?

Is forcing your tongue in someone's mouth acceptable behavior? Her description of it certainly sounds as if it was unwanted. He was just joking right?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences."

Well, he covered his behind while making the apology. Another version of "I do not recall". Seems to be his way of saying she is lying, while at the same time making himself appear to be falling on his sword. Sounds like his attorney wrote that.

Kind of. But he did say she deserves to be believed?
He also asked for an investigation into himself?

No doubt other members of the comedic troupe at the time were present at rehearsal and the picture etc. and can corroborate what actually occurred.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Big deal?

FOH

The women in my family know how to handle themselves. What they wouldn't do is bring it up a decade later in order to defame someone.

do you consider walking in on teen girls cuz you can get away with it sexual assault?

I say yes boot him out. But you have to show he did problem was other women said he didnt. So i guess we need a photo that would help. Being Trump id say just get more women to come forward im sure they are out there.. But when the woman who ran the pageant said she always announced him. And the women dropped charges his in the clear for now.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Another lady is speaking out on Al Franken.
She is making a statement at 5 PM Eastern on OANN.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Is forcing your tongue in someone's mouth acceptable behavior? Her description of it certainly sounds as if it was unwanted. He was just joking right?

Stupid questions do not help your argument.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

I can not tell if he is touching them or not in that picture.

regardless, you keep making it seem as if this is all about the picture, which I agree with you was a joke most likely.

The fact that you dont believe her is irrelevant.

The point is, you continue to act as if this is all just people being upset at a bad joke, and there are more to the accusations than that.

Even assuming he did stick his tongue down her throat, she said no, don't do that again, and he didn't do it again. Human interaction has a little more nuance than some of us might think.

I guess the issue really is about abuse of power.

In my life I have overstepped the line once or twice with a woman in a social setting, paid for that with a good hard slap or a tirade of abuse.

Shame is the result and of course a lesson is learned.

In my case the women were my equals, I just assumed they were interested, tried my hand, and found out my people reading skills sucked at those times.

Sh*t happens and we all move on. Friendships remain in fact. There was no bad intention, simply misunderstanding.

When these women find themselves in situations where they are not on an equal footing though, that then becomes pretty much a nightmare of "what the feck??? What do I do now?".

Abuse of power is a real thing, it needs to be taken into account because if not then we pave the way for these creeps.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Link to Article

So what?

Some do, some dont.

Richard pryor did a lot of inappropriate sexual jokes; it was his way of dealing with the fact he was horribly molested as a child.

Its not the jokes fault, nor is the joke indicative of poor behavior.

So i see no reason to focus on the joke when there are actual accusations of physical wrong doing to be looked into.

All I'm saying is there's a reason why jokes get made. Sometimes, not always they shed light on the reasons.

Your Pryor analogy is a case in point.

It's my personal belief that Frakken, among many other politicians, are people I would never want to associate with.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That I can tell the difference between a joke and sexual assault. What does the opposite say about you?

He himself said it wasn't funny, soooooo whats that say about you now? Both a molester defender AND illiterate.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I watched her statement and as I understood it, no. After she indicated more than once she did not want to rehearse it, in private he insisted.

That language was in both apologies. It's legal doublespeak. He can't deny what's in the photo, but he is saying her version is wrong on the other.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Big deal?

FOH

Bravo, way to deflect.
You dont even know if im a trump supporter or not and yet hear you are grasping at straws.
Get over trump, ma' boy, sounds like you have an obsession.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Stupid questions do not help your argument.

The arguement is made by the women alleging this.....do you believe her side of it?

You give him the benefit of a doubt.....we will see if others step forward as well.

We disagree, that's fine.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

He himself said it wasn't funny, soooooo whats that say about you now? Both a molester defender AND illiterate.

Did I say it was funny? Both illiterate and unjust.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
On the photo, I think a person needs to ask themselves, if that was my wife, my daughter, my sister, would I be OK with him groping her breasts in a photo while she is sleeping.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The arguement is made by the women alleging this.....do you believe her side of it?

You give him the benefit of a doubt.....we will see if others step forward as well.

We disagree, that's fine.

Is he or is he not "grabbing" her breast in the photo?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join