It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Grambler

apparently, al is open to an investigation.

why hasn't an investigation been opened against moore? or, trump?

I dont know, why not into all of the democrats and Podesta etc. for things they have been accused of?

Maybe because thats not how the system works.

If someone brings a credible charge, there should be an investigation; regardless of the party or position of the accused.

Franken can call for an investigation of himself all he wants.

Why did he wait until she called him out to do it. he says he knew that the picture was wrong and hurtful, so why only do it now?

link   

originally posted by: East29
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Tick Tock Creepy Joe

Funny you said that a body guard just released a book about incudents he committed sexual assault.

link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I predict that baby production in the US will end within 5 years. Nobody is going to want to even look at the opposite sex for fear of reprisal. Seriously, is someone from 3rd grade going to come forward and accuse someone 60 years ago of sexual misconduct? It WILL get that stupid...and dilute true sex crimes.

There's a very large (and growing) group of people in the US seem to have the answer for "looking" at the opposite sex. They cover their women from head to toe and remove their desire for sex with a little peaceful and friendly surgery. I predict their baby production increases 100-fold within 5 years.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

double standard??

dems are investigating, republican are electing.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Oh thats right, you have no interests in talking about a democratic senator accused of having actual sex with minors.

Where did that come from? What am I missing here?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: ClovenSky

a reply to: seagull

So, that somehow excuses it? Does this sort of behavior suddenly disappear from the record when elected to high office?

No, he wasn't yet a Senator at the time. Oops, my mistake.

Doesn't change anything about the inappropriate behavior, at all.

Would you care to make a wager that that sort of behavior wasn't the first time, or the last?

Making gags and jokes? Well, for a comedian it is quite common.

I think a lot of people recognize this was possibly related to his job at the time. That does not change anything in this case. There is no way we can interject 'humor' into this situation and make it go away. That would distort the defined lines of what is acceptable and what isn't. We need to start getting to black and white for all contact between humans. That is where this scenario ultimately leads.

When joking about sexual assault is construed as sexual assault, all is lost. Time to break out the consent forms.

Yup. Have you heard Carlin's rape jokes?

I dont think the picture is that big a deal, as I have said.

I also have no problem with the crudest of jokes including rape jokes.

But forcing your tongue in someones mouth is not a joke; period.

Now I feel he should be allowed to face these accusations and be inncoent until proven guilty.

However, that is not the tact that many have chosen with others accused of abusing women.

Gotta go with what he said;;

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think this is a limp attempt because of partisan politics. In other words...status quo.

Being a comic does not mean you are funny.

I loathe Al.

But, this ?

Looks cheaply partisan.

But, if you ever get red meat...

I'll host the bar-b-que.

link   

It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

Well the woman in the picture says in the Hill article linked in the OP that he forced his tongue down her throat.

Big deal.

Yes, it is a big deal if you are a person who has been screaming about how actions like that are sexual assualt and must be taken seriously.

So now we will see how consistent those people are.

Ruin humor and obfuscate sexual assault to settle a political squabble? Not worth it.

Dont tell me, tell those on the left that have set the standard and ruined humor.

I agree that this picture to me may be in bad taste if he touched her, but its not the end of the world.

However, I wont write off forcing his tongue down her throat like you have. That is a form of assualt that should be addressed.

Nonetheless, lets see how the left responds to this.

His career will be ruined because he was kidding around. That’s not a world I want to live in.

And how is trying to insert your tongue in somebody's mouth, who's not permitting it, just kidding around?

That's not kidding around if true. Seems to me he was using the situation to assault her, like most predators do.
edit on 11/16/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If this was done without her knowledge, then yes, he should be kicked out. I also think they should make public the names of the other politicians who are being investigated for sexual harassment. These representatives work for us! They shouldn't be able to protect themselves. If they worked for a private business, their boss would certainly want to know who was harassing their employees. In the case of congressional and senate members, the American people are their boss!

link   

why aren't you calling for an investigation into moore's behavior? or, trumps?

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: soberbacchus

What you just described isn't humor, it is battery. Possibly sexual battery depending on where it occurred.

???

So, a consensual kiss that includes a non-consensual tongue is sexual battery?

This partisan rush to accuse a political opponent of sexual misconduct says much more about those calling for mob justice than it does Al Franken.

Whilst the "left" is rightly policing their own in Hollywood etc.
The right is defending pseudo-pedophilias.

And seem unable to tell the difference between a poor choice for a gag photo and attempting to rape a 14 year old girl in a car behind a diner.

It is like there is some vast hole in certain peoples reasoning where, as you put it, a consensual kiss that included a non-consensual tongue, qualifies as "sexual battery".

That vacancy of reason helps explain the inability to recognize degrees of malfeasance by some on the right.

Menendenz? Oh thats right, you have no interests in talking about a democratic senator accused of having actual sex with minors.

Direct me to that thread and I will weigh in on that scenario.

Until then, you wanting to debate that here rather than the topic seems like desperation.

link   

I can not tell if he is touching them or not in that picture.

regardless, you keep making it seem as if this is all about the picture, which I agree with you was a joke most likely.

The fact that you dont believe her is irrelevant.

The point is, you continue to act as if this is all just people being upset at a bad joke, and there are more to the accusations than that.

Even assuming he did stick his tongue down her throat, she said no, don't do that again, and he didn't do it again. Human interaction has a little more nuance than some of us might think.

Look I am not caalling for the guys head or to step down or anything like that.

I am saying the people that have done so with others based in he said she said evidence should be consistent across party lines.

Those defending moore as having because there is no proof of the accusations should defend Franken here for the same reasons.

But I feel you are more flippant than me saying, eh, he did it once and then stopped when asked. Is that the criteria now?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What you just described isn't humor, it is battery. Possibly sexual battery depending on where it occurred.

???

This partisan rush to accuse a political opponent of sexual misconduct says much more about those calling for mob justice than it does Al Franken.

And seem unable to tell the difference between a poor choice for a gag photo and attempting to rape a 14 year old girl in a car behind a diner.

It is like there is some vast hole in certain peoples reasoning where, as you put it, a consensual kiss that included a non-consensual tongue, qualifies as "sexual battery".

That vacancy of reason helps explain the inability to recognize degrees of malfeasance by some on the right.

Judging by the account of the woman it doesn't sound like the kiss was consentual. As the headliner handing out parts she was being pursued into the kiss by a person with power over her immediate position in the show. She eventually agreed to practising the kiss because she felt it the only way to get passed the harassment (often an choosen action taken by a person being harassed. And than once they did practice the Kiss Franken took his harassment much further and turned a rehearsal into a sexual mater.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: JBurns

double standard??

dems are investigating, republican are electing.

Dems and establishment republicans are debnouncing Moore and saying he should step down.

Show me the dems saying that about Mendenez.

I can provide a video of a bunch of powerful leftists saying we shouldn't rush to judgement about Mendenenz.

But please. Go on, show me your evidence they are policing their own and calling for him to step down like they are with Moore.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

The yearbook proves nothing, that's the difference. Even if the yearbook is legitimate, a simple signature doesn't prove sexual assault.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Believing every accusation of sexual assault made against a public figure may be consistent, but its still stupid.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looks like the photographer was franken's brother owen.

BTW, isn't franken gay? Or am I thinking of someone else?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Oh thats right, you have no interests in talking about a democratic senator accused of having actual sex with minors.

Where did that come from? What am I missing here?

BoB menednenz, who actually just had a mistrial in his corruption case today, has been accused as early as 2013 of having sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican.

Not surpirsied you havent heard of it, for some reason the same politicians and news outlets that are demanding Moore step down are silent or dismissive of Mendez, whoi is a democrat senator.

Yet we have people on here claiming the left is policing their own.

At least with Moore there are even republicans calling for him to stpe down. Show me that with the dems and menendez.

I have asked for days now, but its just ignored.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

???

Menendenz? Oh thats right, you have no interests in talking about a democratic senator accused of having actual sex with minors.

Direct me to that thread and I will weigh in on that scenario.

Until then, you wanting to debate that here rather than the topic seems like desperation.

Funny from the person who keeps bringing up Moore instead of Franken.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

Well the woman in the picture says in the Hill article linked in the OP that he forced his tongue down her throat.

Big deal.

Yes, it is a big deal if you are a person who has been screaming about how actions like that are sexual assualt and must be taken seriously.

So now we will see how consistent those people are.

Ruin humor and obfuscate sexual assault to settle a political squabble? Not worth it.

Dont tell me, tell those on the left that have set the standard and ruined humor.

I agree that this picture to me may be in bad taste if he touched her, but its not the end of the world.

However, I wont write off forcing his tongue down her throat like you have. That is a form of assualt that should be addressed.

Nonetheless, lets see how the left responds to this.

His career will be ruined because he was kidding around. That’s not a world I want to live in.

And how is trying to insert your tongue in somebody's mouth, who's not permitting it, just kidding around?

That's not kidding around if true.

I have both been on the receiving end and giving end of inserting tongue during a CONSENSUAL kiss, where either myself or the other was not interested. I have been both shut down and shut down others in such a scenario. This woman told Franken No and it ended there.

I would argue that is part of single men and women interacting, more so in youth.

JBurns in this thread has called that Sexual Battery.

I would call it very bad judgment on Franken's behalf.

Franken has issued a fully apology agreeing that it was poor behavior and judgment.

I am confused how people see this as equitable to full assault, attempted rape or rape?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The reason he started it is simple the senate ethics committee has no power. All they can do is decide if he violated senate rules. At worst they can conclude his actions were inappropriate for a senator. This avoids courts from getting involved.
edit on 11/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join