It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci painting of Christ sells at 450 million

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Eh. It's pretty good, I guess.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Eh. It's pretty good, I guess.

It's no, "Dogs Playing Poker" and it's not done on velvet, but some still might consider it art.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's no, "Dogs Playing Poker" and it's not done on velvet, but some still might consider it art.

The lumpen masses, perhaps. They like their Jesus to be kind of bland and Caucasian, without a lot of dynamic positioning.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The lumpen masses, perhaps. They like their Jesus to be kind of bland and Caucasian, without a lot of dynamic positioning.

Now a black Jesus playing a guitar while riding motor-cross over a flaming ditch with hot babes in the background. . . . that's art!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: teraform

Jesus also has a very feminine looking neckline, collarbone structure and hands. In fact the face doesn't seem to go with the body at all, almost as if it was "pasted" on top of the original face.

Da Vinci was very cryptic with his paintings. You might enjoy THIS thread.

Yeah it strikes me as quite an odd painting, it's also slightly weird that I've never seen it or heard of it before. It's looks almost like a cross between Jesus and Mona Lisa, in fact I'd say Jesus almost looks more feminine, and for the time the painting was made it seems a bit strange to have such a transsexual looking depiction of Jesus.
edit on 16/11/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I call for a 90% luxury tax on paintings.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hope the tossa dies as soon as it arrives.

i'm fed up with these types of people. I'm trying to get myself some cash so i can go places and you get these idiots showing off with their millions. oh... 'who can buy the most stuff for highest price' idiots

I suspect that you don’t really mean this in a literal sense.
But just in case you do....please consider the person just let loose
half a billion dollars into the economy in an anonymous manner, and that
this money may well enable you in some indirect way to finally get to go places after all.
Maybe the tosser did us all a favor in the long run. Maybe it’ll enable some strings for my bass
(I only really need two). I hope he or she enjoys this acquisition.
I hope nobody cheaply desecrates it in some suite that overlooks central park
and has no bathroom window treatments.

I dunno. Personally, I don’t picture Christ with a cleft chin, indicating a malformed skull,
possibly from a folate deficiency during gestation, and I wouldn’t mind having a peek at the teeth.
I can’t see this exchange as a particularly savvy investment, at least in this life.
I just don’t see room for a lot of upside potential. Geezer probably has a cryo crypt all set up, or
maybe only his head is alive else he’d be at the strip joints, or drooling over the world’s only remaining
roulette wheel
with a single zero, over there in Monaco.

# 912
edit on 16-11-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Da Vinci was privy to the Vatican library, I'm sure he knows more about the real Jesus than many. I believe he is trying to tell us something with his biblical paintings, they're all quite bizarre if you look at the symbolism within therm.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

450 million..!! Its a crazy world ..isnt it.?!

I can not prove it and must admit not artistic at all.. but I am the incarnation of Da Vinci and want my cut,..50 million dollars. Yes, I know...I am modest. Where do I go..?

edit on 16/11/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: teraform
This painting sold for 10,000 in 2005 and not even sure if Da Vinici painted it.
www.yahoo.com...

I read that! Art dealers bought it and restored it. A Russian billionaire bought it then for 127.5 million! It seems the art dealers made a good investment. Have to say the Russian made a good investment as well with this sale of 400 million.

I have no problem with folks spending extra money foolishly. It is their money. I can spend my money on things foolishly too at times. It is that little extra I have acquired and gift to myself. If the buyer foolishly spends money on something and then has nothing left to survive without begging from others is where I will condemn them...not before.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

imagine if it was autographed lol how much then.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I think the artist was shooting for the hand of benediction here. It is a hand sign wishing blessings.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: teraform
There is so much about the painting I'm thinking what does that crystal sphere represent.

my eyes glance toward the trinity of stars within

the angles look familiar

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus and Mary Magdalene combined.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow if that flaky old painting is worth this much, then I wonder what I would get for my "Tennis Girl" print I got from the Athena shop in '83 ?
edit on 17pFri, 17 Nov 2017 07:19:17 -060020172017-11-17T07:19:17-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i'm blown away this painting sold for 10.000 in 2005. What a steal of deal 12 years later 450 million.
Mind blowing.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
the crystal sphere does not represent Earth...the solid glass object is used for Scrying, what we call a 'crystal ball'... Nostradamus used the black-bowl-of-water technique for his Scrying journeys

jesus was derided as a Magician, & employed magic & metaphysic rituals in the early Church cult...according to the worldly & learned Romans stationed in the Levant/Palestine & back in Rome itself

notice the almost Soldier attire the figure in the painting has...a harness or strap with a stone or art object around the shoulder area & a lower torso strap or harness with another inset polished stone ornament holding the garment together
~very Androgenous, uni-sex flavor to the image~ why would Da Vincy project such a personality upon Jesus...

maybe 'love-thy-neighbor' was not such an Egalitarian cult/church message

after thought... perhaps the two binding straps Jesus wears are to hold in place the amulets or crystals at the heart-chakra (Love) and the belly-chakra (power) positions
edit on th30151093552117182017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

the crystal sphere does not represent Earth...the solid glass object is used for Scrying, what we call a 'crystal ball'... Nostradamus used the black-bowl-of-water technique for his Scrying journeys

jesus was derided as a Magician, & employed magic & metaphysic rituals in the early Church cult...according to the worldly & learned Romans stationed in the Levant/Palestine & back in Rome itself

notice the almost Soldier attire the figure in the painting has...a harness or strap with a stone or art object around the shoulder area & a lower torso strap or harness with another inset polished stone ornament holding the garment together
~very Androgenous, uni-sex flavor to the image~ why would Da Vincy project such a personality upon Jesus...

maybe 'love-thy-neighbor' was not such an Egalitarian cult/church message

after thought... perhaps the two binding straps Jesus wears are to hold in place the amulets or crystals at the heart-chakra (Love) and the belly-chakra (power) positions

the fact that we both came to this assumption about the straps holding crystals in place says a lot

something tells me this will be a trend again soon. I thought of this last year

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When things like this happening, I take it as a sign from the universe for all of humanity. This is not just a random painting being sold for 450m; I believe there is a reason this happened NOW

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
That's how you know you have too much money. Half a billion dollars for a painting, WTF? They could have used that money in so many better ways. Selfish is what it is in my opinion.

The world is not the place it once was, and it's shameful watching it carry on like it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join