It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double standards on the left

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PainGod

I did not say that Democrats avoid money and power. I said that lefties do.

That is why American understanding of politics is so utterly retarded and childish, when compared with that of other places in the developed world.

You think you have a left wing in your politics, but you do not. You have far right, right and centre right, and that is ALL you have in any of your parties, nothing else. Your system requires that people who gain office be sociopathically devoted to the collection of vast sums of money, and so morally defunct that they will do anything to gain and hold power.

Again, there is a difference between the left, and the Democrats, and that difference is a whole heap of capitalism.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Justoneman

You have to make a counter point to have made a point..

“Nah uh”

Is not a counterpoint..

Thank you for making my point for me. You must be very young. You appear very foolish with illogic and drivel. You have the dubious audacity to pretend inferiority when you are like the naked Emperor that in your case appears to think you have facts on your body that the rest of us don't. You have drivel and the left is swirling down the toilet. You've almost made it in there with them.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You have such a smug arrogance about you for someone who calls for the death of many trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

“Nah uh”

Is not a counterpoint..

Thank you for making my point for me. You must be very young. You appear very foolish with illogic and drivel. You have the dubious audacity to pretend inferiority when you are like the naked Emperor that in your case appears to think you have facts on your body that the rest of us don't. You have drivel and the left is swirling down the toilet. You've almost made it in there with them.

EXIHBIT A: only ad hominem attacks, all without one single independent thought, analysis or evidence to back up your argument..

AKA “nah uh”!

Lol
edit on 17-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Did he really???

Or is that just a BS deflection and you making a ridiculous argument where your pretending he said murder trump supporters???

I’m too lazy to read all the previous posts to see, but my money is against it..

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

The left / narrative is you being played. See past the game. Its an illusion to keep your brain occupied.

The rest of us are going / keep it up with your PC bs and you will have no one left of you. We are right wing to them for staying in what used to be the middle. You know, God, family, country, and do unto others while being generous to the needy. The left thinks they can capture the needy for their own purposes, "since no one wants them anyway" (ship of fools example).

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

“Nah uh”

Is not a counterpoint..

EXIHBIT A: only ad hominem attacks, all without one single independent thought, analysis or evidence to back up your argument..

AKA “nah uh”!

Lol

No, exhibit you as the typing strawman of lies and hope of spreading your BS.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Regarding Moore #2, no one will deny that the idea of a 32-year old man today dating a 16 year old is pretty creepy.

Thing is, this didn't happen yesterday, it happened in the late 70s. At that time it was normal in the southern states for a family to push their daughters towards a match with a much older (successful, prominent and/or influential) man. Moore fit that description to a tee. The young women were called 'southern belles.' If you read the testimonies, you see that the mothers were aware of the dating and some even gave their blessing. Note also that the age of consent in Alabama is *still* 16. Nothing illegal happened.

Again - this is creepy to a modern outsider looking in, but it was the culture of the time. The culture has changed since then. We can't use relativism over long stretches of time to castigate people. What was acceptable then is not always acceptable now, and vice versa. If this had happened 4 years ago it could be relevant. But it happened 40 years ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

What about the 14 year old?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I don’t know about the 70s... by that time I think the only way that happens is in the case of an unexpected pregnancy..

Which doesn’t give him much leeway considering that means he had sex with a 16 year old..

Sure if you go back earlier than that, it holds true , but I’ll have to look that up..

I don’t think that was common place by that time..

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Its probably too late to put up a wall. You are assuming some party other than the Democrats will prevail in fly-over country. I seriously doubt will be the case. At the rate people are dropping out/retiring from the Republican party, it looks to me like the Republicans have given up on their own party. And when the Senate fumbles the tax reform ball, they may as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's to be expected. I'm not surprised.

We had 8 years of leftists defending Obama's lies and here they are, with a thread on Trumps lies.

I don't think it's hypocrisy as much as it's a blind adherence to partisan beliefs.

It's almost religious in the fervor that some cling to their "messiah".

Rational thought, practical solutions, and reason have left the building and have relocated in another state.

What's funny is now, the leftists will call everyone (that doesn't believe like them) the hypocrites because we condemned Obama and Hillary for similar things that Trump does. And in part, that is true.

But the leftists are getting a free pass because they spent years defending Obama and Hillary but somehow claim the moral high ground because they criticize Trump.

Rational thought, practical solutions, and reason are the only things that will rescue any of us from slipping further into the partisan divide, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Yes many dem partisans are hacks and have a an almost religious dogmatic belief in their party and views, but so do plenty on the right. Many republicans believe in trickle down economics and complete deregulation, despite it being debunked. Many of them don't believe the extent to which the environment is being affected by civilization, despite voluminous evidence. Etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Isn't Muh Russia Olympic level gymnastics, and a conspiracy theory?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: PainGod

Your system requires that people who gain office be sociopathically devoted to the collection of vast sums of money, and so morally defunct that they will do anything to gain and hold power.

On that i can agree with you 100%.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: proteus33

And again, the Clintons are NOT lefties. They are corporatists, capitalists, of the worst sort too. You only have to look at their record to understand this. At every turn, they did what made them the most money. A lefty would call that selfish and unreasonable, inhuman, and wrong.

Greed is not a trait to be found amongst left wingers, because lefties, proper lefties, rarely give much of a stuff about themselves, when compared to how much they care about other people. If theres a way for a lefty to help someone who is suffering, they will do it. If a lefty finds themselves with an excess of cash, they do not spend it on sports cars, or expensive houses in the Hamptons. They spend it on feeding the poor, healing the sick, getting to grips with social problems. Maybe they donate to a local youth centre, maybe they start an apprenticeship program for disadvantaged youth, or an education program for kids with high IQs and parents with low wages, or a grant fund that sees similarly talented but disadvantaged children all the way from early education, all the way through college, to make sure that the nation they are living in is making the best use of its intellectual resources.

But they do not sit and hoard money, nor do they purchase power. The tendency to purchase power, to accrue enormous wealth, is not something that can be properly said to be a trait held by lefties. If you see someone doing that, you can largely ignore what they say about what they believe, because their ACTIONS prove their real alignment.

Dodging taxes, sitting on vast fortunes and keeping them to themselves largely speaking, living an opulent life, a lavish existence, these are not things which interest people with genuine left wing beliefs. Lefties also believe in protecting those who have been preyed upon by either the state, or other predatory groups and individuals. Its pretty clear to me, that Hillary Clinton, does not believe in that principle, because she took a job defending child rapists and other filth, from the just application of justice, bragging on tape that she had gotten some scumbag off on a technicality, laughing about it, despite the fact that her client destroyed a persons innocence in the most invasive and disgusting manner possible.

No lefty would take that kind of work, if it meant being forced to defend that sort of person, and they certainly would not brag about what a "good" job they had done of it either.

But she did those things. Ergo, she is not a lefty, regardless of what her public statements might have you believe. Her actions give her away as anything but a lefty, as does her bank balance, as does the lavish life she has lived since birth, without any significant effort to pay the advantages with which she was born forward.

She identifies as one. So we must respect her wishes and view her as such, along with Maxine Waters, Soros, and so on.

I guess the meaning of the term "lefty" has changed. Or you lot are being taken for fools.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: TrueBrit

You have such a smug arrogance about you for someone who calls for the death of many trump supporters.

Did he?

I guess TrueBrit is a TrueStalinist?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

“Nah uh” again huh????

You have to provide evidence to support your case otherwise you have said nothing but “Nah uh”...

Exactly like a petulant child would..

If you call someone a nazi, you must provide evidence that person is a nazi.. otherwise you have said nothing...

Or have you been watching Fox News so long you believe those are valid arguments..

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

4 posts...

Zero valid arguments..

Dude, did you take no public speaking or debate class in school?!?!

I posted a link to the list of logical fallices to help guide you to actual rebuttals...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What about the 14 year old?

You mean the allegation that has yet to be proven?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I don’t know about the 70s... by that time I think the only way that happens is in the case of an unexpected pregnancy..

Which doesn’t give him much leeway considering that means he had sex with a 16 year old..

Sure if you go back earlier than that, it holds true , but I’ll have to look that up..

I don’t think that was common place by that time..

As a person growing up in the south in the late 70s (Tennessee to be exact) with some older female cousins, I can tell you it was still happening. It wasn't mainstream, but it wasn't taboo either. It was in the grey area leaning toward the door labeled 'Exit.'

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join