It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double standards on the left

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ok then, let's get me on the right track.

It's ok to question the outcome if you think illegals affected the outcome. But it's not ok to question the results if Russians affected it.

And while we're on the topic, why on Earth would he even be questioning the outcome?
1) He won
2) Many studies show there's no evidence of substantial voter fraud.

If i'm still on the wrong track then tell me the difference please. Otherwise, it's a double standard. I don't recall her creating a commission to investigate anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

Ok then, let's get me on the right track.

It's ok to question the outcome if you think illegals affected the outcome. But it's not ok to question the results if Russians affected it.

When did I say that?

I dont think its a big deal for anyone to question rather wrong doing happened.

I never said I did.

I am saying that if you are a person (as many on the left were) that said that queestioning the legitmacy of the election from Trump hurt democracy, then you dont get to claim that when the left does it its ok.

I think neither is a big deal.

But if people think both are a big deal, fine, at least thats consistent.

And while we're on the topic, why on Earth would he even be questioning the outcome?
1) He won
2) Many studies show there's no evidence of substantial voter fraud.

If i'm still on the wrong track then tell me the difference please. Otherwise, it's a double standard. I don't recall her creating a commission to investigate anything.

The claims of trump questioning the legitmacy were BEFORE the election, with people assuming he would lose and say it was unfare.

Then when Hillary lost, thats exactly what many of these same people on the left did.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The problem is when people started equating political parties with some spooky morals, now, if you hear something you automatically categorise them as "Liberal" or "Conservative"

a "Liberal" would never be racists, or bigoted etc, and a Conservative would never be against Guns etc

you can see the growing amount of Liberal-Nationalism and Liberal-Patriotism happening as well when at times it is seen as the "Right" who flag-worship and are civic-nationalists etc

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheRedneck

You just showed me a list of centre right corporatists.

There IS no left in American politics, because there are nothing but well off, well to do people in the political sector.

thats how we think in EUROP. there is might a pardy in germany called "the left" but no punk or dragaddict is a vota or BELIVES IN A PARTY AT ALL. but we lefties are not allowed to chose our opinion . THE RIGHTWINGERS SEEMS TO KNOW IT OR DEFINE IT FOR US. BECAUSE THEY NEED THEIR FACTS LIKE THAT.....

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler I agree with you, all that CNN talks about is Trump and Russia or a sex scandal involving a Republican. And all Fox talks about is Clinton and all the scandals she may be part of. I can't stand either one. There online journalist make more sense then there anchors do. Yesterday after my meeting I went to my moms to make dinner for her and all the was watching was CNN and was yelling about how bad Trump is and making some very angry remarks. I am no Trump fan but I had to let her know that she is a reason why the left has ruined their image. Watching a story regurgitated over and over is pure propaganda and it has sunk her to a low. So I put on parental controls and now she can only watch HBO, Discovery, Nat Geo and the History channel
I told her I will swing by after three days to change it back. It is my little experiment and maybe she will realize that the news is not life.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well said and very insightful, as always Grambler.

Speaking of double standards, the regulars that usually stand on their pseudo-moral pillar denouncing these types of threads for its "redundancy and divisiveness" are almost always non-existent when its flipped on the.. other side of the coin.

*ahem*

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Olympic level mental gymnastics..

They will believe completely opposing conspiracy theories from one day to the next..

I have no idea how they are letting “I know you are but what am I” fly..

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is a perfect example of the deranged hatred coming from the Leftist goons.
Anyone or anything that they think goes against their mentally deficient ideology, they will attack like a #ing pitbull.
Their hatred for everything consumes them.

A Wisconsin College Democrats leader -- who had interned on Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign -- resigned Tuesday after tweeting “I f---ing hate white men.”

Semrad also came under fire for a tweet criticizing pro-life literature on campus.
“My new bit is tearing down all the pro life Christian pregnancy resource center fliers that they put up around campus to try & trick people,” Semrad wrote.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

See...............the problem with you is that you don't recognize a very basic truth. Leftists can't be hypocrites because they always occupy the moral high ground! You may THINK they are being hypocritical, but in their minds, they can't be hypocrites because they are.........correct!

In your defense I'll say that this feature of the Leftists is difficult to grasp or describe, but here's the thing, in order to be a hypocrite there has to be an intention to be a hypocrite. "Correctness" nullifies "intention" to be a hypocrite.

Don't worry about it. In a few short years, there probably won't even be a Republican party and the whole country will look just like the West Coast...........a "One Party State".

You can read about that at: www.nytimes.com...

SAMMAMISH, Wash. — It is the stuff of liberal fantasies: a vast, defiant territory, sweeping along the country’s Pacific coastline, governed by Democrats and resisting President Trump at every turn. A single election in a wealthy Seattle suburb on Tuesday could make that scenario a reality, handing the party full control of government in Washington State — and extinguishing Republicans’ last fragile claim on power on the West Coast.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The leftists..

As if there is any group that goes by that name and has a news letter to keep everyone believing the same thing... lol...

Man y’all never actually stop to imagine the logistics required to orcastrate all this silly mustache twirling villian conspiracies..

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

One random individual, who has relatively zero power and NO authority..

That doesn’t count on either side..

It is blantantly lazy propaganda, that gets its own silly little Latin name on the logical fallacy list..

I’m too lazy to look up if it is ad polonium or what.. but it’s there..

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: RazorV66

One random individual, who has relatively zero power and NO authority..

That doesn’t count on either side..

It is blantantly lazy propaganda, that gets its own silly little Latin name on the logical fallacy list..

I’m too lazy to look up if it is ad polonium or what.. but it’s there..

Don't be stupid.
Yeah that is one random individual in that particular story.
But there are countless stories like that all the time....deranged triggered individuals that can't deal with reality on a daily basis.
You can try all day long to defend the indefensible, but it's not going to work.
Trump's election has exposed you guys for what you are.....card carrying, hate spewing fools.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Before I start, let me say that yes, I understand that there are many people on the right that are hypocrites.

Although this happens on the right too, it seems that there are two things that cause me more ire by what I see going on on the left.

Meh. There's really only one thing that causes one to feel more IRE regarding one party's double standards vs. another's, and that one thing is one's OWN PARTISANSHIP.

edit on 16-11-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Perhaps you're somewhat behind the times? The term "Leftists" refers to Democrats generally and Progressives specifically. It was adopted out of frustration with mis-labeling of these groups by their propaganda machine MSM as "Liberal". Its called..........truth in advertising.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It's obvious to even the casual voter now. Democrats just can't get any traction, can they.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Perhaps you're somewhat behind the times? The term "Leftists" refers to Democrats generally and Progressives specifically. It was adopted out of frustration with mis-labeling of these groups by their propaganda machine MSM as "Liberal". Its called..........truth in advertising.

Except Democrats are not leftists.

Democrats are Centrists (maybe even slightly RIGHT of center), as denoted by the policies they vote for, which tend to be pro-wall street, pro-Empire, and so forth.

True leftists are a small subset of the Democratic party.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

See...............the problem with you is that you don't recognize a very basic truth. Leftists can't be hypocrites because they always occupy the moral high ground! You may THINK they are being hypocritical, but in their minds, they can't be hypocrites because they are.........correct!

In your defense I'll say that this feature of the Leftists is difficult to grasp or describe, but here's the thing, in order to be a hypocrite there has to be an intention to be a hypocrite. "Correctness" nullifies "intention" to be a hypocrite.

Don't worry about it. In a few short years, there probably won't even be a Republican party and the whole country will look just like the West Coast...........a "One Party State".

You can read about that at: www.nytimes.com...

SAMMAMISH, Wash. — It is the stuff of liberal fantasies: a vast, defiant territory, sweeping along the country’s Pacific coastline, governed by Democrats and resisting President Trump at every turn. A single election in a wealthy Seattle suburb on Tuesday could make that scenario a reality, handing the party full control of government in Washington State — and extinguishing Republicans’ last fragile claim on power on the West Coast.

So basically we just have to run the “wall” up the left side of Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho and we can acutally be “America” again. I figure NYC will pretty much go the way of “Escape from New York”, as will the rest of the sanctuary cities...
edit on 16-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
OP Grambler,

Well stated and right on point. Having read through these four pages, I see most of the usual suspect “lefties” in attendance, making their usual uninformed commentary. The rest will chime in before the thread is through, I’m sure.

So far my favorite leftie comments come from JoshuaCox, who opined that the left owns the majority of the “intellectuals”...lol, lol, lol, lol

Oh, I think he said we all point to folks “who are not even connected to the DNC as proof all democrats/liberals are cartoon characters.’

Consider me guilty if this list of folks are not connected to the DNC:

Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton, Tom Perez, Howard Dean, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, cast of “The View”, cast of “The Talk”, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, Al Franken, Wasserman Schulz, Barbara Lee, Chris Hughes, Sean Eldridge, Wendy Davis, Kay Hagen, Jonathan Gruber, Mary Landrieu, Samantha Power, Steve Israel, Susan Rice, Harry Reid, Mark Udall, etc., etc., etc. I could go on but I’m bored.

Cartoon characters? ...or affiliated with the DNC? oh...wait...never mind...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So you create a thread in which you first have to admit that people on the Right are also guilty of what you are blaming the Left for, that not all Leftists are guilty of, have the balls to throw "moral high ground" in the Left's face when much of the Right Wing ideology is based on a moral high ground position and then proceed to list a whole bunch of false equivalencies?

Funny thing is, you fall in to the same category you are placing many on the Left.

How can you be taken seriously when you yourself are pointing you fingers at people from a position of having the moral high ground, arrogance and a whole lot of hypocrisy?

Gotta love hypocrites. Especially when they are not bright enough to see their own hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Agreed, plenty of corrupt hypocrites on the right also. I'd like to see all of them be sent packing.

The double standards we've seen in regard to Franken is disturbing to me. I think it is now more important that ever to remain objective and weight the evidence. We should never be jumping to conclusions of guilt, which most are happy to do when a particular event supports their point of view/politics.

I think this situation with Franken is unique, because there is compelling evidence (of assault) and he has admitted that he exceeded consent with the kissing incident. That is clearly not a rehearsal kiss of any kind, although I think it would be difficult to actually prosecute.

Nevertheless, there is more information that is sure to come out (including a statement from the photographer and/or other people present).

Great post OP

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join