It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double standards on the left

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

BULL CRAP!

NONSENSE AND POPPYCOCK!

I lived on the streets. I still have next door to nothing, no assets, no savings at all. This computer? Its part of the business that I run on nothing, which has had precisely two customers today. The business owns it, as a matter of technicality, and I earn?

About £125 pounds per week, which is about $164 dollars. You tell me, in a country where even cheap rent in many places is as much as £700 pounds per month, plus electricity, plus gas, plus food, how rich I am, how disgusting my wealth is? You tell me how disgusting my twice or three times fortnightly use of public transport is. Go ahead. I am the British equivalent of a starving farmer, working my arse off for less than it costs to live, and some how living anyway!

But sure, you try and compare me to Beardy bloody Branson, and the rest of the jet setters..

Bloody ignorant peon.
edit on 16-11-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh thank the gods! You've found them??

Rational thought, practical solutions, and reason have left the building and have relocated in another state.

Please tell me.

They're in the Witness Protection Program, hanging out somewhere in Scottsdale, Arizona. So say my sources.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As always, a well said and insightful thread.

These double standards are also a result of some who "hope" the other doesn't remember previous engagements. The whole, well you said this on this day and now say this on this day spiel/hypocrite BS.

link   
What double standard? images.tritondigitalcms.com...

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: JIMC5499

Not really.

Lets break it down. If you think that you can be a lefty and a rich and powerful person, well, sorry bub, you cannot. You can SAY that you are, but you aren't.

If you accrue money and power, well, theres only one thing that can mean, and that is that you bought into the capitalist hierarchy, you chose to accept the money and the power, rather than distribute them among your fellows evenly.

So no matter what folks like Hugh Hefner might have donated to over the years, if they retained enough to be considered disgustingly wealthy, there is no way on this Earth that they can make a genuine claim to understand or represent the left of society. We do not "roll that way", you see.

That is easily the dumbest thing I have ever read here.
Wealth makes one unable to have a political opinion?
Only "genuine" poor people can ascribe to a certain political position?
That is a laff riot!

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No we know we know.

You are a great person that does no wrong even when you are calling for the killing of trump supporters.

Your amount of wealth is just right, and anyone over you is disgusting.

You are special and fighting the good fight, you have no excess, you are perfect, and those with more are evil.

If only there were more people like you calling for the deaths of political opponents, the world would be such a more peaceful place.
edit on 16-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

like the dossier?

you know damn well the dossier hasn't been proven fake. LOL

some parts are unproven which in no way translates to fake. you know this - why are you pushing it as false?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

BULL CRAP!

NONSENSE AND POPPYCOCK!

I lived on the streets. I still have next door to nothing, no assets, no savings at all. This computer? Its part of the business that I run on nothing, which has had precisely two customers today. The business owns it, as a matter of technicality, and I earn?

About £125 pounds per week, which is about $164 dollars. You tell me, in a country where even cheap rent in many places is as much as £700 pounds per month, plus electricity, plus gas, plus food, how rich I am, how disgusting my wealth is? You tell me how disgusting my twice or three times fortnightly use of public transport is. Go ahead. I am the British equivalent of a starving farmer, working my arse off for less than it costs to live, and some how living anyway!

But sure, you try and compare me to Beardy bloody Branson, and the rest of the jet setters..

Bloody ignorant peon.

Archived.

This is a beautiful explosion of cordial and etiquette foundations fragmenting into chaos, thus revealing the inner self to all...
edit on 16-11-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If they have money and power, I think you can bet that they are not lefties, because by and large, those who genuinely hold leftist views deliberately avoid accruing either.

The Clintons:

Forbes estimated in 2016 that, based on the Clintons’ tax returns of 15 years, that they had amassed approximately $240 million since leaving the White House in 2001, although Bill Clinton had made $189 million.

Pocahontas:

According to CNN, in 2015 Warren’s average net worth, including her $5 million home, retirement accounts and mutual funds, was $8.75 million. However in the lead up to the 2012 Senate race, her Personal Financial Disclosure form puts this number much higher – at $14.5 million. Tax returns show that while a professor at Harvard Warren earned a salary of $430,000 per year, and as Senator she now earns a salary of $174,000 per year. Additional income streams include royalties and an advance from various book deals.

Barrack Obama:

The 44th president of the United States, author and the most popular person in the world, Barack Hussein Obama II, has an estimated net worth of $40 million, excluding the $1.4 million in Nobel Prize money he donated to charity and his primary home.

Nancy Pelosi:

While members of Congress are not required to disclose their exact net worth, organizations such as the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics (CRP) prepare estimated ranges based on public disclosures. In 2014, CRP reported Pelosi's average net worth in 2014 was $101,273,023 having ranked 8th out of 25 wealthiest members of Congress. In 2009, CRP reported Pelosi's average net worth was $58,436,537 having ranked 13th among 25 wealthiest members of Congress.

Roll Call's Wealth of Congress Index reported that Pelosi's net worth was $29.35 million and having ranked 15th out of 50 wealthiest members of Congress for 2014. According to Roll Call, Pelosi and her husband, Paul, hold properties "worth at least $14.65 million, including a St. Helena vineyard in Napa Valley worth at least $5 million, and commercial real estate in San Francisco." Roll Call said Pelosi's earnings are connected to her husband's heavy investments in stocks including "Apple, Comcast, Facebook, Shutterfly and Walt Disney." Roll Call reported that the Pelosi's have $13.46 million in liabilities including mortgages on seven properties.

Eyes wide shut?

TheRedneck

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

like the dossier?

you know damn well the dossier hasn't been proven fake. LOL

some parts are unproven which in no way translates to fake. you know this - why are you pushing it as false?

Well I said fake or unproven, perhaps you missed that.

As I have said over and over, if we find out that this dossier was used to get fisa warrants, this is a bigger deal than anything Trump could have possibly done with Russia.

It would be the sitting president using paid oppo research from Kremlin sources to use the intel community to spy on his opponent.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You just showed me a list of centre right corporatists.

There IS no left in American politics, because there are nothing but well off, well to do people in the political sector.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: dfnj2015

Of course there were some on the left that called out Hillary rigging the primary. Yet turn on your tv, open your newspaper, etc. How often is that being discussed?

Any little think Trump does blows up, such as feeding fish wrong. But an actual candidate rigging a primary against her opponent, defrauding every Bernie supporter and democratic voter, and its hardly a story at aall.

How many democratic politicians have expressed outrage over this. 2, maybe 3? Most just want to move on.

That is your problem right there. You are assuming just because Fox News doesn't give air time to Democrats who would counter your prejudice means it confirms your prejudice about Democrats. This is simply not the case. Many Democrats were NOT in the pro-Hillary camp and simply did not get any air time by the Republican owned media.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

There IS no left in American politics, because there are nothing but well off, well to do people in the political sector.

Yeah redneck! Dont you know anything?

If someone has more money than Truebrit, then they are a corporatist.

Its impossible to be a true left wing person and have any sort of excess wealth.

Left = good and noble. Right = rich and evil.

Duh!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I totally agree. I once hear Bill O'Reilly say he has leftists on his shows all the time. When you are that far to the right everyone is to the left. People are the right want to define what it means to be on the left. The right wing corporate media only has one point of view.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Imho the left knows their base includes the majority of the intellectuals. So that means they have to be smarter with their propaganda.. an intellectual would spot the logical fallacies the conservative media spout a mile away.. so instead the left attempts to pull on the heart strings.

You can't be serious with that statement?
If anything, the Left thinks their base is stupid and by the way, many of them are, with cries of non existent Russian boogiemen and how the Republicans want to kill them etc.
Any Leftist "intellectual" that believes that nonsense, is not an intellectual by any stretch.

Back to the OP.....what really roasts my ass about the Leftists, is how they claim to have moral superiority and are tolerant of everything.
When in fact, they are the least tolerant when it comes to something or someone that differs from their deranged ideology.
They have no problem stealing hats off people that have an opinion contrary to theirs, they will scream vile words in the faces of people that have different opinions.
They have no problem calling people Nazis or racists when there is no proof that said people are any of those things.
There has been many so called "intellectual" Liberal teachers and professors around the country in the last year, behave like spoiled school children towards people with Conservative opinions.
I really believe that Liberalism is some type of low grade mental illness that manifests feelings of hate and a superiority complex towards different opinions.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Its also accurate.

You cannot represent for the left, unless they are YOUR people, unless you exist in the social strata from which leftist thinking originates, which is and always will be, the working class, the low earners and the hard workers. That is where the thing originates, those are the people who are damaged by a lack of representation.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: dfnj2015

Of course there were some on the left that called out Hillary rigging the primary. Yet turn on your tv, open your newspaper, etc. How often is that being discussed?

Any little think Trump does blows up, such as feeding fish wrong. But an actual candidate rigging a primary against her opponent, defrauding every Bernie supporter and democratic voter, and its hardly a story at aall.

How many democratic politicians have expressed outrage over this. 2, maybe 3? Most just want to move on.

That is your problem right there. You are assuming just because Fox News doesn't give air time to Democrats who would counter your prejudice means it confirms your prejudice about Democrats. This is simply not the case. Many Democrats were NOT in the pro-Hillary camp and simply did not get any air time by the Republican owned media.

The by all means, link to me the democratic politicians that have been outraged since the rigging of the primary has become public knowledge.

Show me the litany of media reports on how horrible this is.

Whats funny is I listen to real progressives like Jimmy Dore, who say the exact same thing as me; that the democratic party is a joke and are trying to downplay the fact that they rigged the primary for Hillary.

They must be Foxnews loving right wingers too, huh?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

A) The democrats do not constantly praise Hugh Hefner and Woody Allen?!?’ Hugh Hefner/Larry flint is kinda a free speech icon, but that’s more of a constitutional argument, like saying OJ was a great football player..

Where did that come from.. also they are not elected officials.. that absolutely changes everything..

I’m not familiar with either Moore or the dem you mentioned, I consider those things irrelevant to any larger political conversation..

Obviously neither side supports pedophiles.. it is only propaganda for either side to pretend otherwise..

SPEAKING OF WHICH: PIZZA-GATE..

Pizza gate was pushed by WAY More than just 4 chan trolls..

That was obviously SUPER unlikely and most CELEBRITY CONSERVATIVES AND ELECTED REPUBLICANS atleast entertained it..

More than a few calling for investigations and such...

COLLUSION

1A) He and all his little crew has lied repeatedly about it , every single step of the way.. and maybe on purpose.. the media has dripped the story. Where they were given the opportunity to lie again after every new element broke..

First he had nothing to do with it at all :

“I’ve never met a Russian, where’s russia?? Who is this Putin’s your referring to?? Never heard of him.. “

Then
“No we have never talked to one about the election..”

Then
“No we haven’t had meetings”

Then

“Ok we had meetings, but not about Clinton or the election”

Exc, exc, exc

Until

“Ok we did work with the Russian government and wikileaks to orcastrate it all, but who cares right?? “

1B) Yes people consider it jacked up if you go to our basiclly “ancestral enemy” and do a back room deal to trade policy after election , for stolen government documents about your political opponent being leaked on the eve of the election.. .....

If you put obama in that situation vs Romney/whoever.. the GOP is screaming treason and that It is so unthinkable that there isn’t even a law against it..

2) HOWEVER I PROMISE YOU THIS..

IF me and you do the same thing trump is accused of , without trumps knowledge, so he has no reason to protect us. Both parties make a bipartisan example of us and very publicly, put us under the jail..

3) hillary and democrats did except the election results.. that’s why they showed up to work the next day....

Hillary is not suing to overturn the results.. she is not pushing an armed uprising..

That’s what they were warning against trump..

Not just him saying he thought it was F’ed up and there was some shadiness involved..

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It would be a neat experiment to see who could produce the most logical fallacies from each side within Say a week..

Actually have a contest of sorts..

Come up with a real life unbiased, because your researching the side your trying to prove wrong, analysis on who is pushing more propaganda..

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

A) The democrats do not constantly praise Hugh Hefner and Woody Allen?!?’ Hugh Hefner/Larry flint is kinda a free speech icon, but that’s more of a constitutional argument, like saying OJ was a great football player..

Where did that come from.. also they are not elected officials.. that absolutely changes everything..

I’m not familiar with either Moore or the dem you mentioned, I consider those things irrelevant to any larger political conversation..

These figure may not be elected, but they are celebrated by the left.

As far as Moore and Mendez, I guess you havent paid much attention to any news lately, as it has been all about Moore.

Yet Menedez is hardly mentioned. Look into it I guess.

Pizza gate was pushed by WAY More than just 4 chan trolls..

That was obviously SUPER unlikely and most CELEBRITY CONSERVATIVES AND ELECTED REPUBLICANS atleast entertained it..

More than a few calling for investigations and such...

So where are the investigations? Oh thats right, there were none. And yet everything Trump must be investigated.

COLLUSION

And yet the democrats lied about colluding with russians to get dirt on Trump.

And where are the calls from the left to investigate that?

3) hillary and democrats did except the election results.. that’s why they showed up to work the next day....

Hillary is not suing to overturn the results.. she is not pushing an armed uprising..

That’s what they were warning against trump..

Not just him saying he thought it was F’ed up and there was some shadiness involved..

Yep sure. So again, its ok for Hillary and company to question the integrity of the election for over a year later.

Thanks for proving my point.
edit on 16-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join