It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double standards on the left

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Just remember, the democrat Breckinridge won the popular vote back in Lincoln's day. Perhaps Lincoln's election was invalid?

I suppose we may have averted Civil War because upon losing, seven states threw such a tantrum they seceded. However, on the converse, perhaps we'd also still have slaves had Lincoln not won thanks to the Electoral College method of doing things.
edit on 21-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

At this point, election integrity is a different issue.

Do you or do you not want to ensure election integrity? It should be an important issue for everyone regardless of political persuasion.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It gets very difficult to create a topic on those things without exposing yourself to those charges.

It should be enough to admit those things exist from people on both sides for the OP to admit that no one is immune, but if the point is valuable enough to discuss, then it needs to be discussed.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

How many of the Euro countries have failing budgets? Spain, Italy, Greece ...

The rest mostly finance their states off the fact they are not paying for their own defense. We subsidize much of it. And how long will your budgets last with aging populations that are well below demographic replacement that you are trying desperately to shore up with a flood of poorly educated, poorly integrated refugees, many of whom also demand to subsist on your generous social welfare states?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, it is not a lie.

Living according to leftist principle means abandoning personal desire for wealth, preferring instead to have simply "enough", and hand off any excess to people who need it more than you do. Its very simple, you either live by that principle, or you are not a lefty.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Keep misquoting me, go ahead.

Its not my honesty you are damaging.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Grambler

Go ahead and quote my whole post, rather than posting spin.

I will directly quote you when I get to a computer.

But for right now, are you denying that you said that all fascists and their supporters must be fought in the strongest way, including war in the streets and killing many of not all of them?

And are you denying saying anyone currently supporting trump is a fascist supporter?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This type of speech borders extremely closely to the One True Religion. It creeps me out, honestly.

How do you feel about someone accumulating wealth in order to help others? If someone simply gives away everything beyond the means to live a simple life, it is likely that wealth could have changed more lives if it was used to, say, build a novel technological paradigm.

Teach a man to fish and all that.

Money is little more than a means to an end, a middle man. By simply giving it away, it could be said to be the least effective use of that wealth.

Is it more important to uphold the paradigm of "give it away," or put it to use in the most effective way for all of humanity?

While it may be as rare as hen's teeth, it could be argued that the accumulation of wealth is actually the most effective way to do the most good for all of mankind. Wherein, it is used as the middleman it is to leverage the production and dissemination of technologies, inventions, and constructs that will do more to change things than "wealth" could ever hope to accomplish.

I mean, even in the current paradigm, the True Left position you describe would seem to disable even scientific endeavours. Unless there are exceptions?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No, I don’t have to... I live in MISSISSIPPI, I know one private school teacher and a couple public school teachers, as well as am currently enrolled in the local community college, and never once have I met a teacher who was also a conservative..

They are out there I don’t doubt, but seeing how I am in the redest state and al the ones I have met are democrats/liberals definitely fits that mold..

Imho The concerted effort to destroy the teachers unions and push a voucher program have handled that almost to a man..

You should be asking yourself why all of the most educated and intelligent people are almost always way closer to the left..

As I say on here all the time I think it is the logical fallacies..

Teachers know that logical fallacies are propaganda.. and since there is no conservative talking point that isn’t a logical fallacy.....

edit on 21-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
it's so thoughtful of those on the right to point out how democrats are so bad and stupid, it's such a relief to know that we here on ATS, have all of these thoughtful and articulate republicans to point out how wrong we democrats are about everything, backed up with factual data from legitimate sources without the encumbrance of political one-sidedness, or foreign propaganda.....we owe all of you a big debt of gratitude.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yea man JBurns and a couple others are the only couple that will have anything resembling a real conversation/debate with you..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The left has been co-opted and corrupted for roughly the past decade. Of course, even suggesting as much labels one as a heretic and blasphemer, and for many on the right it simply confirms preconceived notions that have prevailed for decades.

With the advent of novel technologies, it was critical to mitigate the groups most likely to use the advancement to change the paradigm. By instilling deep religious-like fervor, and focusing primarily on frivolities and criticism while avoiding solutions, this has been immensely successful. Sadly..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You should be asking yourself why all of the most educated and intelligent people are almost always way closer to the left..

Wait.. what?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Who knows man..

The instrinsic condescension and schadenfreude was whipped into a fever pitch in order to ensure most on the left at least feel superior to those on the right, if not total dehumanization.

Of course, not all of us feel this way, but as fringe elements we are largely irrelevant.

I'm actually surprised that more hasn't been discussed about texts like MindWar in the context of modern psyops, from any part of the political spectrum, but I suppose that's kind of the nature of the beast.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That is why you are seeing many true liberals side with more moderate or right wing groups on issues such as free speech, like Dave rubin, and many others.

I am a fan of the classic liberal, and identify closer to them than the current republican party despite being a conservative.

But you can see the fanaticism from some of the posters on here as to what the current main stream left is.

It is downright scary. Only they can be moral, all others are bad. And furthermore, it may be necessary to kill those that disagree and support fascism by voting for trump.

Any rational person could see the extremism in these statements, and yet the ones making them not only can't see it, they are supremely confident in their moral and intellectual superiority.

And seeing as how they are morally superior, little things like intellectual consistency and not being a hypocrite don't matter at all.

And yes, this also occurs in the right. But it is not done with the power and mainstream acceptance that it is done so on the left in my opinion.
edit on 21-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I see it all as an intentional result of manipulation. Some people in fairly high places have talked openly about this being the new face of war and conflict.

The right may do similar, but it doesn't go as deeply in my opinion either. I can actually have reasonable discussions with more "righties" outside of their narrative than nearly anyone on the mainstream left. Now, like I said previously, I fully expect that to change in the next few years but it stands true for now.

When you are able to manipulate very large groups, you can actually create nearly full breaks from reality. If this is reinforced by those individuals using, say, the internet to define what is "real" and "true," as their sole source of determination.. it may enable truly unprecedented levels of power and control, but at enormously high cost.

"They know not what they do" comes to mind...

I'm actually an anarchist, and classically liberal in a lot of ways, but I'm also realistic and, I like to think, reasonable. I think it is the height of foolishness to pursue something like anarchy if the culture and technology are not there to actually create a better society.

Just because I hold the ideology doesn't mean that I think any and all implementations are superior just because I align with the underlying philosophy. Therein I seem to split from the narrative; the reality is significantly more of a priority than the ideology.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No, that's not what being a leftist means.

If it did, it means I'm a leftist too, and I'm not.

All it means is that you aren't mired in materialism.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Really? One of the most outspoken idiots I ever knew was a leftist science teacher.

Most of the scientists my husband work with are right leaning and most of them have advanced degrees - Masters or Doctorates.

Of course, they are in the private sector so no one shoves microphones in their faces to ask their opinions of anything. They work in the evil corporate world.

But having advanced degrees pretty much makes them as educated as any public school teacher.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

How many of the Euro countries have failing budgets?

And how much quantitative easing do your financial markets need? Oh...

You really enjoy yesterdays drivel, don't you?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I did say that fascists and their supporters should be made war against, and I stand by that statement.

I specifically did not say that anyone who supports Trump is a fascist, but I know for a fact that there are fascists amongst his current, dwindling support base.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join