It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double standards on the left

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Before I start, let me say that yes, I understand that there are many people on the right that are hypocrites.

And yes, I understand full well that not everyone on the left is guilty of the criticisms I am about to make.

With that out of the way...

This past couple of weeks has really driven home just how crazy some on the left can be with their double standards.

Although this happens on the right too, it seems that there are two things that cause me more ire by what I see going on on the left.

The first is that more people with power seem to do these things on the left. Yes, we can look at 4 chan posters and internet trolls and see them doing this from the right, but the shear amount of celebrities, media people, academics and politicians that do this on the left is staggering.

The second reason is that many of these people on the left smugly claim some sort of moral high ground. Its not just that they think they are right, they think the people that disagree with them are bad people and immoral.

So without further ado, I present to you some of the double standards from the left that these past few weeks have made me think about.

Roy Moore

1. Total media hysteria, coupled by establishment politicians from both sides demanding the removal and total denouncing of Roy Moore for allegedly assaulting minors.

Meanwhile, a near total silence from these same people about sitting democratic senator and the fact that he is under trail in part for having sex with underage prostitutes. These accusations arose in 2015, and yet nary a peep from the media demanding every democrat denounce him and a demand for him to drop out.

2. Even if Moore didn't rape or assault anyone, the fact that he dated 16 year olds is disgusting and reason enough to demand he not be elected and everyone denounce him.

And yet people like Hugh Hefner, Woody Allen and many others are hailed as great influential people by the same people, despite their glorification of sex with young teenage girls.

3. We must believe the accusers of Moore at all costs!

But with Bill clinton, these same people shamed the accusers, and celebrated Bill and kept him from criticism.

Even famous feminist Gloria Steinem came to Bills defense and downplayed the seriousness of the allegations he raped and assaulted women.

www.theatlantic.com...

Russian Collusion

1. Any attempt by the trump campaign to dig up dirt on Hillary from russians is collusion that demands investigations and punishment, and is a threat the US.

But the democrats paying a group to have a foreign spy get dirt on Trump from russians is no big deal and warrants no investigation.

2. If anyone from Trump campaign dealt with anyone from a foreign government to get dirt, this is collusion and outrageous.

But democrats getting dirt in Trumps team from the Ukraine is ok.

3. Russian outlets that were anti Hillary must be registered and possibly silenced for trying to influence the US election.

But sources from other countries like the UK that were heavily anti Trump are just fine pushing their opinions in the US.

4. Anyone who defends Trump and has said anything that Russian bots have supposedly said is shilling for the Russians rather intentionally or not, and we should not pay attention to those arguments.

Yet when Russian bots push for anti Trump things or BLM or other left wing causes, thats no big deal and not a reason to reject those arguments.

5. $100,000 spent by Russians on social media is a huge deal that may have influenced the election.

But its no problem that the majority of the MSM was in the bag for Hillary; that had no effect.

Further more, someone like Soros spending billions and billions of dollars for left wing causes is also no problem.

6. Any thing that Trump did that could have possibly caused an unfair election needs to be investigated.

But the admitted dems rigging of the primary against Bernie is no big deal.

7. It would be outrageous and hurt democracy if Trump doesn't accept the the outcome of the election.

Yet its perfectly fine for the democrats to do that non stop ever since the election.

8. Wikileaks communicating with Don Jr. is an outrage and shows they are a partisan hacks.

But the MSM and there one sided support of Hillary, even giving her debate questions is no problem.

Uranium One

1. Most of the money Hillary got was well before Hillary was Secretary of State, so its no big deal.

Yet Trump must be investigated for his financial dealings from decades ago.

2. Hillary didnt personally vote for the deal, and many other approved it,so there is no possible wrong doing.

yet even though trump didn't personally vote for things for Russians, and many others would have to approve changes, we still must investigate him for collusion.

3. This was years ago, and an investigation would just be a witch hunt which is unnecessary.

Yet all communications with anyone in Trumps team with Russians, even from as far back as 2006 with the Manafort indictment, needs to be investigated and charged for the good of the country.

4. Hillary and Bill receiving millions of dollars from Russians is no big deal and doesnt prove any shadiness.

But decades old deals between Trump and Russians may show he was stealing the election with their help.

Investigations

1. Sessions and many others had connections to Russians, so they must recuse themselves.

But Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac was no reason for her to recuse herself at all.

2. We need independent investigators into Trump and his team because we cant trust his DOJ to be fair.

Yet Obamas DOJ was perfectly fine making the decisions on the Hillary case, even when we now know the FBI was bowing to their wishes such as not calling the investigation into hillary an investigation.

3. We must take Muellers investigation seriously, and look at all of hiss indictments. Any deflection from this makes people traitors.

Yet focusing on Mercury or The Podesta group that was mentioned in the indictment, opr showing that many of the charges against Manafort and Gates were from when they were working with the Podesta group is also somehow a distraction from Manaforts investigation, even though this is part of his investigation.

4. Mueller hiring many lawyers that were Clinton donors or supporters is no big deal at all.

But the insider in the U1 story hiring a Republican lawyer cast serious doubt on his impartiality.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Again, this isnt just anonymous internet people saying this; this is people with power on the left.

Why should anyone take these people serious on issues such as sexual assault or russian collusion when they are willing to ignore or downplay when their side does it?

edit on 16-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

When you step back after listening to to Ds for the past few years, it's clear to see the level of projection being done.

For the R's, it's placating blame everywhere it can fit.

Main takeaway? Neither is building anything.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Main takeaway? Neither is building anything

Wrong...the Rs are building a wall.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

By the left, who do you mean, exactly?

If they have money and power, I think you can bet that they are not lefties, because by and large, those who genuinely hold leftist views deliberately avoid accruing either.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Where? When? How?

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If they have money and power, I think you can bet that they are not lefties, because by and large, those who genuinely hold leftist views deliberately avoid accruing either.

Of course I know your definition which is everyone bad and in power ios a rightie, and lefties are noble great people who dont have power.

Well lets do some double standards from you.

You decry extremist that shoot people,

and yet you yourself have called for the killing of many Trump supporters under certain circumstances, making you an extremist.

And I suppose you would probably call yourself a leftist.

So I guess thats one example of a double standard from the left.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Double standards is a euphemism, it suggests there are valid standards to begin with.

Call it what it is...

Hypocrisy.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Really? I think you need to take another look at what you said.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The problem is people with your point of view ignore of just don't see when evidence that would be contrary to your hypocrisy claim because you have such a deep prejudice and bigotry against Democrats. Take this one for instance:

RE: "But the admitted dems rigging of the primary against Bernie is no big deal."

I would claim Hillary lost the election because of the way she stole the South Carolina primary. This is well documented in many left wing web sites:

www.google.com...

When the pre-election polls don't match the results it's a big deal. But people just don't care really about politics.

Here's another example. Check out this article:

www.philly.com...

Show me the fake ads that favorable Hillary?

Again, I think the problem is you are just seeing everything through the prism of your own prejudice. I have no delusions about Democrats. I think Republicans are just as bad as Democrats and vise versa. Both parties have domestic policy defined by lobbyists. Both parties have foreign policy defined by the CFR. BOTH PARTIES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. Nothing will change. The rich will get richer. And the working middle class wages will continue to decline deeper and deeper into poverty wages. That's just the way it is because politics is about fandom more than anything else.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Perfectly stated...I'd like to use this as an instant response to pretty much every lefty thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Not really.

Lets break it down. If you think that you can be a lefty and a rich and powerful person, well, sorry bub, you cannot. You can SAY that you are, but you aren't.

If you accrue money and power, well, theres only one thing that can mean, and that is that you bought into the capitalist hierarchy, you chose to accept the money and the power, rather than distribute them among your fellows evenly.

So no matter what folks like Hugh Hefner might have donated to over the years, if they retained enough to be considered disgustingly wealthy, there is no way on this Earth that they can make a genuine claim to understand or represent the left of society. We do not "roll that way", you see.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Of course there were some on the left that called out Hillary rigging the primary. Yet turn on your tv, open your newspaper, etc. How often is that being discussed?

Any little think Trump does blows up, such as feeding fish wrong. But an actual candidate rigging a primary against her opponent, defrauding every Bernie supporter and democratic voter, and its hardly a story at aall.

How many democratic politicians have expressed outrage over this. 2, maybe 3? Most just want to move on.

As far as fake news that befitted Hillary, well pretty much the entirety of the MSM benefited hillary, and much of it was fake or unproven news (like the dossier).

and yes, I know the right does this too. Open Breitbart for example.

But the sheer volume and moral preening of the left on this is staggering.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I’m still reading, but I TOTALLY disagree about it only/mainly it is the internet trolls pushing the rights garbage...

From my experience the rightwing shills almost exclusively point to people who are not even connected to the DNC as proof that all democrats/liberals are cartoon characters..

Antifa/BLM/the black panthars/idiot kids on college campuses/Muslim terrorists, exc..

None of those groups support the DNC..

None of those people were Hilary supporters...

Yet every single day Fox News, brietbart , newsmax exc, will have no shortage of individual cases TOTALLY UNCONNECTED from the DNC that for some obscure reason become their representatives..

Take banning guns, repealing the second amendment, exc..

Well it is political suicide for any politician to even say that, on either side.. so much so that every democrat that speaks on guns ALWAYS adds a disclaimer about it..

Yet that has been imho the primary talking point for conservatives for decades..

From what I have seen, the mainstream and left wing media almost always quote an elected official when bashing the republicans..

However the gop is always quoting some obscure person that is rarely even connected to any large group who supports democrats..

I also don’t know what you mean about people picking on right wing people either, remeber Anthony Weiner???

Harvey weinstien, Spacey were both democrats and have been dominating the news...

Imho the left knows their base includes the majority of the intellectuals. So that means they have to be smarter with their propaganda.. an intellectual would spot the logical fallacies the conservative media spout a mile away.. so instead the left attempts to pull on the heart strings..

Feel sorry for this group.. feel sorry , for that group..

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The second reason is that many of these people on the left smugly claim some sort of moral high ground.

But thats not what you are doing, calling people "Crazy"...

This past couple of weeks has really driven home just how crazy some on the left can be with their double standards.

The 'double standard' is fomenting divisiveness by 'both parties'. This country has one flag, but two diametrically opposed 'camps', by design.

Thanks for carrying that flag to remind us to hate one another.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: JIMC5499

Not really.

Lets break it down. If you think that you can be a lefty and a rich and powerful person, well, sorry bub, you cannot. You can SAY that you are, but you aren't.

If you accrue money and power, well, theres only one thing that can mean, and that is that you bought into the capitalist hierarchy, you chose to accept the money and the power, rather than distribute them among your fellows evenly.

So no matter what folks like Hugh Hefner might have donated to over the years, if they retained enough to be considered disgustingly wealthy, there is no way on this Earth that they can make a genuine claim to understand or represent the left of society. We do not "roll that way", you see.

What utter garbage!

But ok, define disgustung wealth.

You have access to a computer and probably other things unnecessary to life, and yet you know full well there are starving people. Why dont you sell your computer, and feed these starving people? Why dont you take the homeless into your home?

To those people, you have disgusting wealth.

This is indicative of you though, who finds no problem in preaching the need to kill Trump supporters.

You think that anyone who has wealth over you is disgusting, but your wealth is just right and ok.

You really take the cake.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Hahahahah!

Yep the left have to be smarter with their propaganda, because they have "intellectuals".

And yet everything I said in the OP is true.

Where are the equal cries of outrage fro Menedez as Moore? Why was it k for the dems to pay to collude with russians and get dirt on Trump, but we must have a special investigator into trumps team for it?

The myth that somehow the left is smarter is laughable in its own right.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's to be expected. I'm not surprised.

We had 8 years of leftists defending Obama's lies and here they are, with a thread on Trumps lies.

I don't think it's hypocrisy as much as it's a blind adherence to partisan beliefs.

It's almost religious in the fervor that some cling to their "messiah".

Rational thought, practical solutions, and reason have left the building and have relocated in another state.

What's funny is now, the leftists will call everyone (that doesn't believe like them) the hypocrites because we condemned Obama and Hillary for similar things that Trump does. And in part, that is true.

But the leftists are getting a free pass because they spent years defending Obama and Hillary but somehow claim the moral high ground because they criticize Trump.

Rational thought, practical solutions, and reason are the only things that will rescue any of us from slipping further into the partisan divide, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The token lefty response for this incoming........

"But Hillary is not President"

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, I am not taking a moral high ground over people.

If I have qiestions about Moore, I am a pedo defender. But people that refuse to call out Menedez like those in the video are somehow not pedo defenders.

If I support trump, I can be a racist/bigot/xenophobe/ etc. Where have I called people that on the left? (Granted, I have called out one person who calls for killing Trump supporters, but I am sure I can be forgiven for that).

yes, I too agree both parties primarily suck.

Thats why I supported Bernie and Trump; because the parties didnt want them.

But to act like pointing out the huge hypocrisy we are seeing right now is playing into divisiveness is a joke.

You keep saying we cant call this out as more and more censorship arises in the name of stopping Russian bots, and so forth.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh thank the gods! You've found them??

Rational thought, practical solutions, and reason have left the building and have relocated in another state.

Please tell me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join