It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Lies 9 Times a Day on Average Lately

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

You said Trump takes the cake, as in it's the biggest thing ever! Bigly of bigliest, lies that lay waste to nations and bring good men to their knees!!!

Maybe you misunderstood me, I meant Trump takes the cake as being one of the biggest liars to be in office ever. Yes politicians lie but Trump does not care what he lies about. Could be insignificant or something the effects Americans, he doesn't care that anything and everything he says can easily be fact checked, he never cops to a lie.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is all white noise at this point. I tuned out from this argument during the inauguration crowd size lie-gate fiasco where the MSM laid out how this president was going to be represented. I've seen nothing to signify they have changed course. It's a shame too, but maybe Putin has them repeatedly crying wolf so we don't notice the real thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

You said Trump takes the cake, as in it's the biggest thing ever! Bigly of bigliest, lies that lay waste to nations and bring good men to their knees!!!

Maybe you misunderstood me, I meant Trump takes the cake as being one of the biggest liars to be in office ever. Yes politicians lie but Trump does not care what he lies about. Could be insignificant or something the effects Americans, he doesn't care that anything and everything he says can easily be fact checked, he never cops to a lie.

So what you are saying is he lies. It doesn't matter that other presidents have lied more often nor to greater import. He lies and that is all.

Welcome home son.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So what you are saying is he lies. It doesn't matter that other presidents have lied more often nor to greater import. He lies and that is all.

Welcome home son.

Name other presidents that have been caught in more lies than Trump has.

Do Americans Even Care That the President Lies This Much?

We have new evidence of this today, with The Washington Post's investigation of the president's record telling the truth over the 298 days since he entered the White House. What they found was astonishing.

In that 298-day period, the president has made 1,628 false or misleading claims.

The president is on track to make 1,999 false or misleading claims by the time he reaches the one-year mark in office. The moment WaPo’s lie-tracking began.

The president often repeats the same false claims: He's said 60 times that Obamacare is dying or "essentially dead." Not true, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

55 times, he has claimed credit for "business investments and job announcements" that had nothing to do with him.

Trump has claimed on 40 occasions that the Republican tax plan will be the biggest tax cut in history. It would not—it would be the eighth-biggest.

50 times, he's claimed companies in the U.S. pay the highest corporate taxes. Again, just not true.

Trump’s Lies vs. Your Brain

All presidents lie.

Richard Nixon said he was not a crook, yet he orchestrated the most shamelessly crooked act in the modern presidency.

Ronald Reagan said he wasn’t aware of the Iran-Contra deal; there’s evidence he was.

Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman; he did, or close enough.

Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking.

But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it.

A whopping 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true. (Compare that to the politician Trump dubbed “crooked,” Hillary Clinton: Just 26 percent of her statements were deemed false.)

Trump’s Lies

Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated July 21: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, and provided links to the facts in each case.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

You forgot Johnson and Eisenhower.

I keep posting out , but no one cares, Trump is too ignorant to TRULY screw us over because he simply doesn't know enough to do it. Not like other professional politicians. Pence however DOES an that's something worth remembering every time you want to get rid of Trump.

The situation isn't ideal, but we still dodged a bullet.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I am amazed that anyone would take this man's word for anything. When the whole Russian Collusion thing came out, I was willing to wait and see but then Trump said there was absolutely nothing to it, then I knew there was something to it.

I just find it absolutely amazing how much this man lies or what he lies about.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'm NOT a supporter of his, but I feel ya!

However looking at the larger picture I'd rather face 3 more years of ignorant buffoonery than any alternative we had. Basically he's just a placeholder for now.

Not ideal, but ultimately harmless.
Most anything he does will easily be able to be undone, or contested indefinitely in court.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

I'm NOT a supporter of his, but I feel ya!

Oh dont even bother. If you correct them on their lies / hysterical blown out of proportions assertions / etc about him you'll get smeared as a cult member. Then if you respond to that then you help them derail the thread so the payoff is double.

edit on 16-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you think Trump lies, it is actually you yourself, lying to yourself and telling yourself that he is always lying. Partisan all the way to an obsession. Obama has every president beat by light years in the telling lies category, and he even has both Clinton's beat which is no easy task.
Every promise Obama ever made in his life was never kept, so all lies. Obama is the king of liars and he even despises those who defend him.
Trump is keeping every promise so far, but with no help from the media and the corrupt DNC.

Of course the Wa.post is going to claim this.

From now on, every time Trump says something I'll think of you and take joy from your pain in thinking he is lying to you. After all, this is why I voted for Trump, to watch and hear him punish the side that didn't vote for him after witnessing their grand hypocrisy. So in actuality, I don't even care if he is lying.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Paint me any way you want it changes nothing.

The people who defend Hillary just didn't want change. The status quo was fine with them. Government screwing us 6 ways from Sunday being normal.

I think of it as a massive case of Stockolm Syndrome. Now equally and just as adamantly I have to say that Trump isn't able to make many changes other than to embarrass the office of the President an piss people off.

Rob Ford was a miscreant and a buffoon, but he also actually made some decent changes to Toronto. As much as I made fun of Canadian friends over him, with Trump we get the ridiculousness without substantive changes.
We're simply in a holding pattern for awhile.

Seriously it could be so much WORSE!!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
says who fake news? but hillary, but obama!!!! trump is the messiah!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
says who fake news? but hillary, but obama!!!! trump is the messiah!!!

Because the left has never resorted to attacking dissenting sources. It's still the go to move. How many times have I been baited with "what news do you watch" lately...

edit on 17-11-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Trump trolling the Two Party + MSM + IC System into devouring itself I argue is progress.

With them all against him what else could he really do, in his first year, that wouldnt get him assassinated? They've been lodging unveiled threats at that for a year solid now.
edit on 17-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
If you think Trump lies, it is actually you yourself, lying to yourself and telling yourself that he is always lying. Partisan all the way to an obsession. Obama has every president beat by light years in the telling lies category, and he even has both Clinton's beat which is no easy task.
Every promise Obama ever made in his life was never kept, so all lies. Obama is the king of liars and he even despises those who defend him.
Trump is keeping every promise so far, but with no help from the media and the corrupt DNC.

Of course the Wa.post is going to claim this.

From now on, every time Trump says something I'll think of you and take joy from your pain in thinking he is lying to you. After all, this is why I voted for Trump, to watch and hear him punish the side that didn't vote for him after witnessing their grand hypocrisy. So in actuality, I don't even care if he is lying.

Of course you don't care if Trump is truthful or not.

That's the point of the thread.

You bring up "partisan obsession," right before going on about Obama.

How ironic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join