It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Lies 9 Times a Day on Average Lately

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Some fun stats over at Alternet, sourced from the Washington Post. I know, liberal #fakenews, bbb..but Hillary, and Bill Clinton was a worse sexual abuser than anyone else in the whole universe, but these stats are kind of fun.

www.alternet.org...

As of 3am Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, Donald Trump has told 1,628 lies since taking office. We know this because the Washington Post has been diligently watching the numbers, keeping tabs on Trump’s huge fibs and falsehoods. Over the 298 days since his inauguration, Trump has told an average of 5.5 lies every single day of the week, Monday to Sunday. While he barely works weekdays and golfs every weekend, he apparently never takes a vacation from lying.

I can't access the WaPo because it's behind a paywall, but you know the left-wing media echo chamber, I'd assume if they are directly linking they would have their stats in order, because, you know, transparency or something.

Over the last 35 days, Trump has been even more dishonest than usual, upping his daily average to 9 lies every 24 hours. Thanks to the extra effort he’s put into misleading the country on a diversity of topics in recent weeks, he’s likely to reach “peak liar” status by January 20.

I wonder why he has increased his dishonesty ratio recently?

Trump tends to lie about the same things over and over again. Near the top of his greatest hits are taxes. Trump falsely stated 40 times that GOP tax reform will yield the biggest tax cut in history, and 50 times erroneously suggested the U.S. is the highest taxed nation in the world. Fifty-five times Trump has boasted about achievements he played no part in, especially when it comes to saving or creating jobs. But Trump has lied about Obamacare more than any other topic, stating some 60 times “some variation of the statement that the Affordable Care Act is dying and ‘essentially dead,’” according to the Post.

Why would he lie so much? Who knows? I guess it's all fake news and he's never ever told a lie, even less than Honest Abe.

Just for a bit of #fakenews fun, here is a video of Trump lying for 13 minutes straight.

I know, bbb..but Hillary!

edit on 16-11-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't know that this is malicious lying like you'd assume. I argue that the man is just actually dumb as a stump and too ego controlled to correct his ignorance.

He's lived in a bubble for a long time. He may know local NYC business practice, but real world events? Not so much.
The fact he's too lazy to google things before he opens his mouth is worrisome.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The fact that you trust google is worrisome.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

The poster did not indicate that they trust google.

The poster indicated that Trump did not even go to the trouble of searching things on google, before opening his trap, which is clear from the things he says. While you cannot trust google, you can use google as a portal to other resources, which, when keeping ones head clear, and, crucially, starting off with enough intellect, wisdom and real world experience (you know, starting out poor rather than filthy rich helps with that), to know right from wrong and real from fake, you can then use to figure out what is really going on.

He has none of the tools necessary to make that work anyway, but the effort to do the barest modicum of actual WORK on the matters at hand before commenting, would be nice.

I note, its usually the posters here who clearly do the least research for their posts and threads, who are most likely to agree with the man on any given topic.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Can you imagine if Obama had ever been caught in even one such blatant lie?

It's extraordinary how the normal rules of politics simply don't seem to apply to Trump.

Like him or loathe him, you do sort of have to respect that he's mobilised a core support base that simply doesn't care that he constantly lies about everything.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I was piqued until I saw your video claiming to show Trump lying for 13 minutes straight.....from a 12:35 video......

Just for a bit of #fakenews fun, here is a video of Trump lying for 13 minutes straight.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Or the Washington Post for that matter..

I can't recall any MSM agency ever keeping a running tab of Obama's lies..

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Could you imagine how the media would react if our ambassador was killed by terrorists and the president lied about it? How would they have reacted if such a paragon of virtue like Obama would have lied about Americans saving money on a health care law that turned out to cost Americans instead? Here is a quick list at how good and honest Obama showed us the way of truth

www.politifact.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Or the Washington Post for that matter..

I can't recall any MSM agency ever keeping a running tab of Obama's lies..

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.....

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Every liberal I know prefers Trump over Pence. It's really the conservatives and the conservative owned media outlets trying to get Trump ousted from office.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Problem is when he tells the truth,it uncovers another liberal lie,so this is a biased opinion of a liberal,only one that lies are the guilty ones,the Democrats,use something that really matters for once,your type is hell bent on comminism

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Um, if you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor? Lol shall I go on...godsakes

I see I wasn't 1st to stating the obvious.
edit on 16-11-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

How many lies has the Washington Post told since Trump has taken office?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I was piqued until I saw your video claiming to show Trump lying for 13 minutes straight.....from a 12:35 video......

Democrat maths.

From the same people who brought you:

Not President=Not Guilty.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Really credible website.

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Why even bother?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
He's slowing down. Good.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I'd say it's fifty fifty. Half liar half just ignorant.

They should count how many times he says believe me, or trust me. A phrase most uttered by people who are used to not being believed or trusted. And it's a life long habit.
edit on 11162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Oh but there were so many places online that were doing that.

They invalidated their claims by suggesting his birth certificate was fake, and that the man was Kenyan, and/or a Muslim, which TO THIS DAY, remain nothing more than spurious propaganda, not matters which have the slightest actual evidence to them, leave alone proof. They placed their count of his lies, amongst suggestions that he started the War on Terror, that HE, aside from and in divergence with every other administration since 1949, was responsible for the US's creation of terror groups on other nations sovereign soil (despite the fact that EVERY President since the second World War, save Carter, did exactly the same thing, in South America and the Middle East, about which one rarely hears a peep from the right), that the entire mass surveillance system was his idea and so on and so forth, ad infinitum, none of which were accurate or even remotely sensible.

If you can find me one GENUINE criticism from the right, of what Obama has done, that cannot be leveled at any President OTHER than him, I will be surprised. It sure won't be anything to do with his golfing, or the amount of time doing it I would hope, because I have news for you... your current President is a far lazier man.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Google is a search engine. I'm pretty sure it's veracity is based on the skill of the researcher.
But you know...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join