It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It looks like you left the email field blank"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
So, I've been here for a while.
Quite a while, in fact. Years.
...and ever since the last revamp of the board, I've had the following error when I go to the login page:

"ABOVETOPSECRET SAYS:
It looks like you left the email field blank".

Problem is... it does that BEFORE I even try to log in!
So, the sequence is this:

1. Go to ATS
2. Click "login" in the bar at the top
3. Error.
4. Close error, enter my details in the user / pass boxes
5. Successful login.

I've never started a thread on it before, because while it's an annoyance, it hasn't ever prevented me from doing anything here, but... well, I figured I'd finally ask. Anyone know what's going on?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

I have never encountered this.

Even using the heap of trash PC I use to connect to the net at work, which runs on a dorito chip, I get in reliably without ever seeing anything like that.

Could be a setting with your computer, is responsible, but thats all well above my understanding level. I do not really do computers, as a rule. I can use them, but when it comes to the nuts and bolts, I leave that to folk who have a talent for it!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The wording "Abovetopsecret says" looks like a report from a third party, like a browser. A slightly nannying browser, wanting to remind you to fill in the currently blank e-mail field.

As another example; when I try to set up a link in a post, I'm given the option to "prevent this page from creating additional dialogues", and I'm sure that's a message from Firefox. Do you get that?

edit on 16-11-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Not an ATS problem ( me thinks ) I have no log in issues .. just did it !

Maybe; you had your tongue poking to the left of your mouth - when we all know to go right ... ?

Maybe ...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

No such issue here...'course Im always logged in and never log-out...so I dnt get any issues with anything ie: errors, ads etc

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It would seem that some members use their browsers capability to remember passwords. I never log out either but must login sometimes. Restarting a web-server often terminates all current logins. I do not use my browser to remember website passwords.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
bizarre.
I figured that other people must have had the same issue... but I guess not!

I'm using Chrome - and I don't use chrome to store passwords etc. (I have LastPass for that - and this happens with or without it).

I'll try Edge and see if it happens there.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

turns out it WAS LastPass.
I didn't think LP had been set up to automatically log in, but apparently it had - and that feature doesn't work here.
All sorted!

Thanks for the help, everyone - at least knowing nobody else had this problem pointed me in the right direction.

new topics

top topics

join