It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any one every heard: Why would Russia choose to collude with Trump??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Far more people have survived working for the KGB, than have survived working for the Clintons...
edit on 15-11-2017 by madmac5150 because: I was two haves short... a have not...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yep, there is also the geopolitics of imperialism and Putin's clear drive to reconstitute Russia's previous influence. It seems that as the "Russian Reset" failed, a Cold Waresque Russian containment policy was shaping up. Then again, maybe the "Russian Reset" was bull# for both the US and Russia from the jump, each trying to somehow lull the other.

If that's Option A and Option B is a loose cannon who can be potentially influenced — no brainer which Putin would prefer. And once again, in either case, whoever became President, sowing chaos only improves the Russian position.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Thank about it, its 2016 you are Vlad Putin, drinking some Vodka, sitting shirtless, inside the Kremlin. The New York Times just gave Hillary a 90%+ chance of winning the election, and we all know that the NYT is way smarter then Vlad(and any of us for that matter). How much vodka would one have to drink to say, "I think i will support the guy that the New York Times says his a single digit chance to win" Unless the Russians thought/knew the NYT was full of Borscht Sauce, but what are the odds. Why would Putin( in his best Monty Hall voice) call Trump and say, "Let's make a deal" It would make sense for Putin to collude with Clinton(the NYT 90%+ choice to be the leader of the free world), it would even be logical to collude with both parties, maybe get a new Trump building in Russia after the election, but it makes net sense to only collude with Trump.

Thank you for thinking.

But the common conception is Russians are super secret smart..

Lol.

I love more thoughtful intersections into reality.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: rickymouse You may be right about Putin but remember he is ex KGB. They are master at manipulation. Far better than the CIA at a point. Do not ever underestimate him. That would be a mistake. If there was a single person in the world that could and make others think they didn't Putin is that person.

They have not found any collusion in all the months of the investigation. Just petty stuff by trump campaign people that came over from the Dems to work on his campaign. That sounds kind of like Podesta was setting Trump up, Trump was naive, he figured he could steal someone from an opponent like he probably did in business. It doesn't work that way in politics. People make good spies and will sabatage the person, they are polarized.

Many times we were told that any collusion done by the russians probably did not effect the election, They say now the Russians spied and did try to steer the public sentiment away from Hillary, but they still say it would not have made a difference in the outcome. Most of the stuff that did make a difference was homegrown as people pointed out how Hillary messed up and tried to blame it on anything or anyone but herself. She thinks everyone is blind and cannot comprehend that she is lying, she is very good at her deceptive ways.

I don't think that anything is going to come of all this, maybe a few on trump's team will get some scorning and a little time and some on Hillary's campaign will get some jail time while Hillary gets out of jail free.

How many hundred million is this big diversion going to cost, the Democrats should be responsible for paying the bill out of their campaign funds. They are trying to cause chaos. The Newspapers should also be required to pay a billion dollars to the government to pay for the hastle from them twisting all the evidence to stir things up. We could use all new media kings, bust these down to nothing, strip them of their wealth and let more honest ones that tell the whole undistorted truth take over.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse I 100% agree with you on that. But we still shouldn't discredit Putin for using old KGB tactics of manipulation to attempt to sway an election in either direction. I would imagine both Russia and the US have been doing so for many of years. At least Putin kept his seat.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: rickymouse You may be right about Putin but remember he is ex KGB. They are master at manipulation. Far better than the CIA at a point. Do not ever underestimate him. That would be a mistake. If there was a single person in the world that could and make others think they didn't Putin is that person.

They have not found any collusion in all the months of the investigation. Just petty stuff by trump campaign people that came over from the Dems to work on his campaign. That sounds kind of like Podesta was setting Trump up, Trump was naive, he figured he could steal someone from an opponent like he probably did in business. It doesn't work that way in politics. People make good spies and will sabatage the person, they are polarized.

Many times we were told that any collusion done by the russians probably did not effect the election, They say now the Russians spied and did try to steer the public sentiment away from Hillary, but they still say it would not have made a difference in the outcome. Most of the stuff that did make a difference was homegrown as people pointed out how Hillary messed up and tried to blame it on anything or anyone but herself. She thinks everyone is blind and cannot comprehend that she is lying, she is very good at her deceptive ways.

I don't think that anything is going to come of all this, maybe a few on trump's team will get some scorning and a little time and some on Hillary's campaign will get some jail time while Hillary gets out of jail free.

How many hundred million is this big diversion going to cost, the Democrats should be responsible for paying the bill out of their campaign funds. They are trying to cause chaos. The Newspapers should also be required to pay a billion dollars to the government to pay for the hastle from them twisting all the evidence to stir things up. We could use all new media kings, bust these down to nothing, strip them of their wealth and let more honest ones that tell the whole undistorted truth take over.

They should let the "Clinton Foundation" foot the bill... what are we up to now...$400 million?

Chelsea's wedding wasn't THAT expensive... that was paid for by Haitians.

The Clintons are one mega-quake away from financial freedom. How nice for them...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Putin has been on record lamenting the fall of the Soviet Union and the "glory days" of the Cold War.

Oh well, he's practically the richest man on Earth right now if the numbers are right. Money doesn't really satisfy if your country is a *&^%hole though. Seriously, its just embarrassing how bad things are in Russia.

I've got friends who've been, and some that have married Russians. It's bad, like...to the point the government has to "create holidays to encourage young people to breed" bad.
edit on 15-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse I 100% agree with you on that. But we still shouldn't discredit Putin for using old KGB tactics of manipulation to attempt to sway an election in either direction. I would imagine both Russia and the US have been doing so for many of years. At least Putin kept his seat.

Yes, Putin is the leader of Russia and was a KGB leader. We should not completely trust him. We should verify if what he says is true before immediately believing him. He did say he did not like Hillary and he did not deny hacking our government and her campaign, he mentioned others had too. He did deny that he gave info to wikileaks and did not release that info to certain influential sources, he did not say he did nothing with what he collected either. Putin actually trys to trick us, he does not seem to use direct lies that can be discredited very easily. I am sure he does not want to get caught in a blatent lie, so he changes our perception of things instead of lying a lot.

But, I trust him as much as I would Trust Hillary and trump to tell the whole truth.
Putin is a high ranking politician, you never trust those kind of politicians. Whomever is the best deceiver gets to be president here. I just like trumps deceptions better than Hillary's, Hillary seems to think of us as expendible little people in my opinion, she will step on anyone to get to the top.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: theantediluvian

Putin has been on record lamenting the fall of the Soviet Union and the "glory days" of the Cold War.

Oh well, he's practically the richest man on Earth right now if the numbers are right. Money doesn't really satisfy if your country is a *&^%hole though. Seriously, its just embarrassing how bad things are in Russia.

I've got friends who've been, and some that have married Russians. It's bad, like...to the point the government has to "create holidays to encourage young people to breed" bad.

An entire "Clinton free" nation that encompasses 11 time zones? Bill could register as a sex offender, and still have 10 whole time zones to prey upon.

The only reason that the Clintons haven't relocated there, yet?... the metric system.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Vlad's favorite fruit is Oranges????

Lol... that was really good, actually.

Made my evening so far, thank you.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
is the rhetoric of 'there is no collusion' being replaced with 'why would they collude' as the cookie begins to crumble more and more...

they have absolutely no reason. no reason to infiltrate our media, supposedly hack the 'dnc', 'fund' protests, incite online inflammatory arguments, propose dirt on oppositions candidate during the election cycle, make shady large lump sum of money transfer camouflaged behind rogue nations...

they did all this for the 'lulz'

I think that would be the best answer. They had EVERY reason to do it. Why is this even a question?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

And yet amazingly, somehow, no concrete evidence of any kind of actual crime by Hillary has ever been found. Not enough to be indicted and brought up on charges.

If there are so many crimes, surely there's documented evidence. Video. Audio. Photo. Something that would stick in court, and be enough for a prosecutor to run with.

The best they had were perjury charges for Bill, over some consensual oral sex in the White House. And even that was due to Bill "technically" lying under oath about the sex.

*yawn*

You all want Clinton to be a criminal so badly to distract the nation away from the mess you voted for.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

And yet amazingly, somehow, no concrete evidence of any kind of actual crime by Hillary has ever been found. Not enough to be indicted and brought up on charges.

If there are so many crimes, surely there's documented evidence. Video. Audio. Photo. Something that would stick in court, and be enough for a prosecutor to run with.

The best they had were perjury charges for Bill, over some consensual oral sex in the White House. And even that was due to Bill "technically" lying under oath about the sex.

*yawn*

You all want Clinton to be a criminal so badly to distract the nation away from the mess you voted for.

Yet.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

We've been through:

1. There was no contact with Russia!

2. Okay, there was contact with Russia but it wasn't collusion!

3. Okay, so if there was collusion it wasn't criminal!

4. Okay so there was some collusion after all, but only some low level people...

5. Okay so maybe 1-2 higher level people were involved... We are right here as of now

**NEXT**

6. I mean, we're honestly not smart enough to collude with Russia after all anyway...

7. Okay, we did rig the election with Russia, but it was in America's best interest!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I am feeling a bit compulsive here, and just want to complete your list.

7. Okay, we did rig the election with Russia, but it was in America's best interest

8. Honestly, it wasn't in America's best interests -- but we are not actually bad people.

9. Alright, we are bad people. But really now -- what are you suckers capable of doing about it?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
How does Russia benifit from Trump as president? For one, it damaged US reputation worldwide.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, for starters, there isn't any collusion.

This whole Russian thing is the result of ill choices and scapegoating.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PassiveInductor
I am feeling a bit compulsive here, and just want to complete your list.

7. Okay, we did rig the election with Russia, but it was in America's best interest

8. Honestly, it wasn't in America's best interests -- but we are not actually bad people.

9. Alright, we are bad people. But really now -- what are you suckers capable of doing about it?

Maybe we could sacrifice Hilary to a volcano.

Bill too, if he gets mouthy...

edit on 15-11-2017 by madmac5150 because: Never read the fine print, ever! Seriously.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Abysha

We've been through:

1. There was no contact with Russia!

2. Okay, there was contact with Russia but it wasn't collusion!

3. Okay, so if there was collusion it wasn't criminal!

4. Okay so there was some collusion after all, but only some low level people...

5. Okay so maybe 1-2 higher level people were involved... We are right here as of now

**NEXT**

6. I mean, we're honestly not smart enough to collude with Russia after all anyway...

7. Okay, we did rig the election with Russia, but it was in America's best interest!

Lol, beautiful summary.

8. "But what about Hiiiiiillaaaaarrrrryyyyyyy!!!!!"

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You left out

The democrats paid a foreign spy to collude with russia to get dirt on trump, and then lied about it.

Followed by,

But we on the left think only trump possibly colluding with russia is bad, when our side does it it's no big deal.

And,

Russian bots are evil and bad and anyone who says what they say is being duped by russia, but when we find out that these bits are spreading anti trump propaganda it's not a big deal for us on the left to parrot it.

If tldr:

Trump russia = bad.

Democrats russia = good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join