It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson ..... on his way out.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: intrptr
The bus is still around

I've been working on a Manson related thread for a while now... maybe it's time to put the polish on it and give it a go. Nothing juicy like the whole bit of corrupt insanity before the arrest or the agencies involved in the area. But maybe I will if nobody else has really dug in properly here. Off to the search engine.

(OH BY THE WAY, HEY MODS) Somebody ask SO to get some search parameters on the engine already, there's too much data here. We need filters.

That school bus came later. Early on they drove a VW Bus. The people 'plinking' at me and my friend were in a white VW bus all painted up, but I'm sure there were plenty of those around back then. I don't know if it was Manson or not. Out parents made us file a police report. Whoever it was had 2 .22 rifles up on a hill, shooting down into a gully scaring horses, a rancher and us. Some rounds got real close.

BTW, when you search, doing it from google may bring better results. I hope I catch your thread. I lived thru the era, have read about it since I was a kid.
edit on 15-11-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Mmm, to a significant degree, yes. However, they were both about returning to nature and how the "system" was basically making us slaves, though for Kaczynski it was more about dehumanization through technology.

Manson and ATWA

edit on 15-11-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Manson was abused by his mother, sold for a pitcher of beer, abandoned when she married some other guy. In his early years in prison he was younger than the criminals he was incarcerated with and they brutalized him. Earning a Gladiators degree then released onto the world knowing how to pimp, extort, sell drugs. A monster was unleashed into the world...

Kazinsky's path was entirely different.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh yeah... I haven't been able to track down any pictures of an older white one. Story goes it was abandoned by the family and is probably long gone by now. There's also the one owned by Gary Hinman they looted and rode around in for a little while after Bobby Beausoleil killed him but that one was red with a black top.

Even if it wasn't them taking pot shots at you, glad they missed!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: panaque

He was super sick in January and needed surgery, but was so sick they decided he could nto have it done. SO that might be what you were thinking.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: Plotus

The only time a book gave me nightmares was when I read Helter Skelter.

Good riddance, I say.

Same here! The night I finished it I had a nightmare. The only book that's ever caused that. The only movie, btw, that gave me a nightmare was Silence of the Lambs. I woke up both times, and was so shaken it took me forever to go back to sleep.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Read Helter Skelter when I was a teenager, just crazy scary chit. Manson was the master manipulator used the culture,acid trips and his street smarts to essentially rule over those brainwashed kids, he was the one that tied up the Labiancas and told the rest what to do and to not screw it up like the Tate killings. Remember reading where they would creepy crawl houses breaking in during the night and rearranged furniture just to screw with people. Sent Kasabian to kill a guy and she pretended that she couldn't remember where he lived. All to throw the blame for Hinman's murder away from Bobby Beasileau sp. Just sick twisted stuff.
edit on 15-11-2017 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Have you heard what Peter Levenda has to say about the Brotherhood? The guy who ran it was straight up CIA and, much like coc aine since the 80's and heroin since the invasion of Afghanistan, was running '___' for them.

Relative to Charles Manson, he's a very interesting part of US history. When people decry the country going to the wolves I think they need to look into the US after the summer of love. The most interesting thing he ever said was, imo, "I am a creation of this society." (Despite the quotation marks I'm paraphrasing.) There's way more to that story than is being told.

Having said all of that, he's a creep and won't be missed. It is remarkable that he lasted that long though.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: panaque
Could have sworn I heard he died already 6 months or so ago, seriously. Mandella effect? Anyone else remember him dying already?

No.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tophat21
I was always hoping he would be set free in his lifetime.
Did Chucky ever really get charged or found guilty on actual murder charges?

I was always hoping he would be shanked in the heart in jail....the sooner the better.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: panaque
Could have sworn I heard he died already 6 months or so ago, seriously. Mandella effect? Anyone else remember him dying already?

Mandella Effect has become a coverall term for anyone with a poor, or dislocated memory.

To OP. I feel better when people who have such a negative impact on the world die out. I am no follower of these people per se, but it's interesting they attract all sorts of followers, like a crap attracts flies, even after the extent of their evil is exposed.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Also remember that Kaczynski was part of the MK-Ultra '___' subproject at Harvard.

I read once that he had this beautiful place he often visited that he would hike to. It was of some geological significance, but I don't remember the particulars. One day he arrived there, they had built a highway through it, and that was when he decided to do what he did. I in no way condone what he did, but I definitely understand his point of view. Just not the way he chose to handle it. I've thought about writing to him, but I don't want eyes on me.
edit on 11-16-2017 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: Noncents

He lived out at Barker Ranch, but spent a lot of time in Laurel Canyon too. He only came to the Canyon to score. He had a charisma to him that some bought, to me, an Ivy League Preppy- wana-be longhair of 17, he was scary. He was about 15 years older than me.

www.youtube.com...

In the same argument too as some suggest, he was like a political sage. But his actions were for keeps. It was 50 years ago, the mind loses clarity. I have two more friends who know the goings on of the time... it was not unusual back then, no matter how reprobate.

Thanks for sharing.

Info shows that the thing was he didn't identify as a Hippy, disliked them as much. Was all a game to him, using the peace and love trendy crowd for his own advantage co-optd MKUltra wise and Hollywood sex ring ritual/drug abuse or not.

End of an era, maybe some closure, maybe, maybe not. Though, sounds like movies are due to come out, so much for that right.

In hopes for closure to the victim's families and friends.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
All I will say is that, irrespective of what he is said to have done, he was trying to tell people about the "system" and how crooked it was as far back as the 1960s.

An element of that seemed to be there I agree, too bad it played out the way it did with his actions or as some may call influencing actions in the murders(IMO guilty the same). The message was never heard because of that.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I met him, rather I was in the 'Water House' .....the rented house the members of 'The Brotherhood of Eternal Love ' lived in. My friend, the son of a Hollywood actor and affluent as well as from a wealthy family was a member of the Brotherhood. I was drawn there by a friend of the actors son, my friend the son and I became fast friends, much beyond the loady thing. Those who may have frequented the place might of known whom I speak of. He went by the name of a Norse God.

The one with the hammer.

Sorry, I got sidetracked.... but yes I was face to face for a minute or two with Charles Manson, who had come to 'score'. I left as soon as I could get my jacket and head out the door.

My great aunt was involved with the Diggers up in SF, and she knew Bobby Beausoleil who was playing in a band who played Digger benefits. He was later sentenced to death for the murder of Gary Hinman with some Manson associates. She said Beausoleil was kind of creepy, but more in a sleazy good looking rich kid way than anything violent.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

I feel the same, and it seems to me that his views get confirmed more and more every day. They tried to pin Kaczynski as being "crazy." Nah, he just seen things for what they were.

If you get the chance, watch Manhunt:Unabomber. I found the fact that the linguist, who ultimately led to Kaczynski's arrest, had such a relatable connection to Kaczynski's views pretty interesting.

I in no way condone what Kaczynski did, but I can relate to his views. I think technology is doing exactly what he said it would to humanity. Of course, technology is a neutrality in and of itself, but human relation to it isn't.
edit on 16-11-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Charles Manson is DEAD. 11/20/2017.....

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

news.vice.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join