It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Nice " people are really Pissing me off today !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yes! I hate that thing where someone waves you across the street after you've indicated "no thanks." And of course it always happens when there is a LINE of cars behind them. So if you give in to their aggressive gesture, you have a whole giant audience waiting and watching you cross.

This happens to me a lot lately because I'm training one of my friend's puppies on walks. I'm training him to wait and not walk until I tell him to. So this happens at corners a lot. Someone will wave me across and I'll smile and mouth "no thank you" and they'll insist, so I'll then point to the puppy and Shake my head and they'll insist again and by this time the pup has broken the "wait" command. Ugh!

The Salvation Army thing: my vacations to Mexico have taught me how to avoid eye contact with solicitors outside of stores; and if they still try to engage, I can actually keep walking without responding. Thank you, Mexico! Anyone who has shopped at open air markets in Mexico, or hell, anyone who has stepped foot outside of the airport after arriving there, knows what I'm talking about.

edit on 15-11-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Isn't Mountain Laural a toxic plant, unlike it's bay leaf cousin.

Maybe your name is why you are cranky today

LOL....yes it is toxic if ingested, however it has medicinal value as a suave for a number of skin ailments and can be a topical pain killer, but I wouldn't recommend messing with it if you don't know what your doing.

I like it for it's ornamental value , it's a beautiful blooming shrub / sm. tree that will tolerate a lot of shade, plus I just liked the way the name sounded.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That nice lady was simply following the law, which is to stop for a pedestrian at an intersection. By you standing there you indicated you wanted to cross. if you do not want to cross, turn away from the intersection. You caused the situation in the first place, and you're blaming her for obeying the law. And if that actually pisses you off, you're the one with a problem.

Hahaha there ya go OP, a miserable person to cheer you up.

I seem to recall you saying it had no intersection though. Oh well, be nicer to old ladies just obeying the rules of the road, or you're an evil nasty horrible person and should hang your head in shame.

I just pull faces at people asking for money. And those obnoxious mall loiterers that jump out at you yammering on about some crap with a cheesy grin on their face holding creams or whatnot.

Bastards Unite !!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Every now and then I will just walk up to some random stranger on the street and punch em as hard as I can right in the face. I know it's bad karma but it makes me feel better. If I'm really angry I'll vote Republican.

You need to spice weasel it up a notch BAM!

Get someone else to do it for ya !!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yup, exactly ! Somehow this act of "kindness" turns into a battle of wills if you try to politely wave them on, and now you become the jerk holding up traffic !

It's funny you mention Mexico, when my beloved, who passed away in Aug. of Cancer, and I went to Mexico he kept telling me, "quit being so nice, you don't have to buy something from everyone !"....LOL...until a little girl, maybe 3 years old, came up to him holding this ugly little skull pipe, Yup, he bought it from her.....we named it "skully" and I treasure that stupid thing now....

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I don't know what made me laugh more, your awesome reply or your avatar .....both are great !

edit on 15-11-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Gabnumitt!
Those nosey(sic) little nice people don't know when to stop!

Seems wise to keep a few lying-bastards as friends.
You know: just for balance.
And Snipz 'n Giggles.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Gabnumitt!
Those nosey(sic) little nice people don't know when to stop!

Seems wise to keep a few lying-bastards as friends.
You know: just for balance.
And Snipz 'n Giggles.

LOL...indeed...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

So, one being "nice" held up traffic, and another was in your face and pushy! Seems they wanted to be seen being "nice". I'd have been annoyed, too.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Haha no worries though.

Frank Burns was indeed a funny man. RIP Larry Linville.

I love when Hawk and Trapper convince Burns there is gold in the river near camp, so that he doesn't transfer out. Classic! Or the one where they get him to drink so they can get a urine sample to check for hepatitis. Or that one time where they put a tag on his toes when he is asleep near OR, and he gets mistaken for a corpse.. Or the time where.....!

ETA:

Just remembered that they put the toe tag on Frank in the Swamp, and in the night Frank stumbles out to use the restroom but ends up falling into the back of an ambulance or something. Nothing to do with the OR now that irrc.

edit on 11-16-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm sick and tired of being nice. I'm older but when I saw a co-worker wiping a table I said, "Thank you. great job."

She said, "Stop saying thankyou."
I said, "Sorry"
She said, "Just because I'm cleaning a table doesn't mean you have to say thank you and stop saying sorry."
I said, "Crikey, settle down, it was a lady who said to say thankyou and sorry each time you saw a good job being done and if it was unappreciated then you said sorry."
She said, "Who?"
I said, "Me mum."
She said, " Your mother?"
I said, "Yeah"
Silence. She then said, "Tell yer mum to get with the times."
I said, "Sorry, can't, she died ten years ago."

This is true, my mum taught me to be nice and polite and this late stage of my life I still can't get out of the habit. So much, I still walk on the gutter side of my wife and children in the street. Sorry, but being nice is a habit. I hate it.

Kind regards,

bally

edit on 16-11-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

So if we see you by the side of the road battered and bleeding we should just walk on by "nothing to see here folks"?

My goodness, what odd reasoning faculties you have???

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

So, one being "nice" held up traffic, and another was in your face and pushy! Seems they wanted to be seen being "nice". I'd have been annoyed, too.

Yeah, I don't think feeling annoyed was an unreasonable reaction, but it was uncomfortable to feel angry with people who probably where just trying to be nice ...you know ?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
Yeah, I'm sick and tired of being nice. I'm older but when I saw a co-worker wiping a table I said, "Thank you. great job."

She said, "Stop saying thankyou."
I said, "Sorry"
She said, "Just because I'm cleaning a table doesn't mean you have to say thank you and stop saying sorry."
I said, "Crikey, settle down, it was a lady who said to say thankyou and sorry each time you saw a good job being done and if it was unappreciated then you said sorry."
She said, "Who?"
I said, "Me mum."
She said, " Your mother?"
I said, "Yeah"
Silence. She then said, "Tell yer mum to get with the times."
I said, "Sorry, can't, she died ten years ago."

This is true, my mum taught me to be nice and polite and this late stage of my life I still can't get out of the habit. So much, I still walk on the gutter side of my wife and children in the street. Sorry, but being nice is a habit. I hate it.

Kind regards,

bally

awwwww that was a very sweet story, your Mom taught you to be kind and your Family is lucky to have you.

I think your right, when you're raised to be a nice person, it does become a sort of "habit", and overall that's probably a very good thing. Really what was so unnerving about these incidents for me was that even if I had every "right" to feel annoyed, my reaction ended up making me feel bad, lol, does that even make sense ?

I remember my Aunt saying something really interesting to my younger cousin, and it always stuck with me. Basically another family member wanted to pick up my cousin and hug and kiss her and my cousin, who was about 2-3 yrs. old wanted NO part of it ! Instead of saying to my cousin, " oh honey, be nice, that's your Aunt Rita " or something like that.. she said to my cousin " You don't have to hug her if you don't want to " I'm sure other family members probably saw that as teaching my cousin to be rude, but I always admired my Aunt for teaching my cousin how to assert boundaries. My cousin grew up to be a lovely person, although she's still not a big huger and I think that's just fine !

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

So if we see you by the side of the road battered and bleeding we should just walk on by "nothing to see here folks"?

My goodness, what odd reasoning faculties you have???

LOL...perhaps I looked "battered"....as I said, I was in a funk ! I'm not sure if aiding an injured person can be compared to the two examples I gave ? I think people who stop traffic on behalf of someone who makes it clear they would prefer for you to not stop traffic on their behalf, have odd reasoning faculties !

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I didn't think they could actually ask you for money.
Maybe I'm mistaken but in Canada, i never get asked for donations.

They set up shop outside the mall or somewhere and have their donation spiel written on a board and the money can is in plain view.

Yeah, that's the norm here too, but I guess this lady decided to amp up her donations by asking directly, it really was uncomfortable and probably discouraged by the Salvation Army.

Even more discouraging, their panhandling is legal, whereas a truly needy person doing that, soliciting patrons for money outside a store, would be arrested.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I hate the charity types outside the grocery store right down to the F'ing Girl Scouts and their financially ruinous and crappy cookies. I walk on by.

What I really resent is being hit up at the cash register. Leave me the "F" alone.

Don't come to my door, don't accost me in public. F'ing F**K OFF!

My favorite charity is my little sister who is doing the job she loves, but which does not fully support her.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, you see that a lot at schools too, NO common sense being applied to picking up and dropping off the kids, "well meaning" parents and volunteers forcing parents to drive around like sharks, causing more chaos and hazards, IMO, rather then just letting parents park for a few mins, pick up their kids and move on for the next parents to pick up their kids.

I will say having lived in both very liberal Nor.Cal and the more conservative little town I live in now in Central CA that has lot's of churches, the people here are generally nicer and tend to mind their own business more.....IDK...just my observation overall....I certainly don't miss the roads being obstructed by protests all the time !

Yah, common sense would have first come first serve parents getting the head of the pick up line, but no, the attendants want everyone to play continuous musical cars at their bidding.

Living outside the city theres less pressure, people are generally nicer all round.

Real nice, not the phoney 'have a nice day' , now get out off my way! type.

I still meet them here on rare occasion, its always a pleasant surprise when somebody says excuse me, or doesn't force their right of way, blocking your path.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

"Even more discouraging, their panhandling is legal, whereas a truly needy person doing that, soliciting patrons for money outside a store, would be arrested."

Yeah, I hear you....I'm overall pretty sympathetic to panhandlers who don't get in my face and make me uncomfortable, and it does feel good to give a few bucks to someone in need, so my point is not to discourage kindness.

We have this sweet old man who always sits in the same place, almost everyday, with a sign that says " Anything helps, God Bless You " He's clearly too old and feeble to hold down a normal job, and my sister told me that he's a disabled Vet and has mental issues. But you know this old dude has the gumption to somehow wake up everyday and sit in his spot with his sign. The cops seem to leave him alone and the community cares about him, it will be a sad day when he's not sitting there anymore.

He also is smart enough to sit in a place that makes it easy for people to stop and help without holding up traffic !!
edit on 16-11-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The cops seem to leave him alone and the community cares about him, it will be a sad day when he's not sitting there anymore.

The must be a rural community, here they cite 'homeless' for everything.

I don't give to SA, they are a greedy mega corporation. I do give a little to actual needy people when I cross paths. Although I never panhandled, I used to be there, know how they feel.

Salvation Army

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join