It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Nice " people are really Pissing me off today !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I've seen too much MASH.

Actually.. I've seen MASH beyond count..

Still not enough MASH.

Ohhhhhh...I was thinking George Burns, not Frank Burns from MASH, great show....Frank and Hot Lips were a crack-up !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If it makes you feel any better, those people were likely just as irritated with you.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That nice lady was simply following the law, which is to stop for a pedestrian at an intersection. By you standing there you indicated you wanted to cross. if you do not want to cross, turn away from the intersection. You caused the situation in the first place, and you're blaming her for obeying the law. And if that actually pisses you off, you're the one with a problem.

I wasn't at an intersection, I think I mentioned that in the OP......The law doesn't oblige cars to stop for pedestrians in this situation, in fact I think a motorist that decides to stop in the middle of a busy road because it appears a pedestrian wants to cross would be cited. Anyways, I waved her on, so she really had no idea what my intention was, maybe I was waiting for someone, she should have kept driving .......the cross walk was several blocks down the road, so my intention was to "jay" walk once no cars were coming as the grocery store was right across the street, so my bad there I guess....

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
ML, I am so very sorry this has happened to you.

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm here for you, I really am. I can help.

I really think that kindness needs to be tempered and applied with wisdom to truly be kind. Sorta the idea behind "tough love."

HaHa....that made me laugh....You hit the nail on the head, "kindness does need to be tempered with wisdom"

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You want to see dripping niceness, go to church. People are so kind and helpful for that whole hour while they are there. They hug and smile and care sooo much, but Monday morning at work or an hour later in the grocery super they don't know you.

I drop my mom at church every Sunday, then pick her up when its over, but this pastor always preaches over, a half hour or so, so I never now when they are actually letting out. I drive there and wait in the parking lot were I can see if they let out. Its a 'temporary' parking space (there are no signs), but the service is going so nobody is coming in an out, except the 'attendants' that alway show up and tell me so nice, this is temporary parking. Yes I say, I'm here to pick up my mother and you guys are running over, so I thought--- but you can't park here , you should park over here and they quickly and nicely move some cones to let me park over here twenty feet away.

But now I am sort of blocking the lane and I can't see from there when the service lets out, so I have to drive around the building every few minutes to make sure and each time I go to leave they appear form nowhere , tell me its okay to park there, and I say but I can't see-- they'll tell me when it gets out they say, then disappear again.

So I wait and wait, its really going over now and I figure they must be letting out, so I go around the building and return but in that short time they closed the spot (where do they hide, under manhole covers?) that I parked in and now I can't park anywhere and the smiling, do-gooding, busy body attendants are nowhere to be seen.

I say screw it and start driving back and forth in front of the church waiting for it to let out which it finally does 20 minutes later.

I know that neighborhood like the back of my hand, I am surprised the people haven't phoned me in as suspicious for sitting in front of their house waiting for the damn church service to end.

Its a riot, I laugh all the way home.

God spare me the nice, do gooding, busy body, churchians.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I didn't think they could actually ask you for money.
Maybe I'm mistaken but in Canada, i never get asked for donations.

They set up shop outside the mall or somewhere and have their donation spiel written on a board and the money can is in plain view.

Yeah, that's the norm here too, but I guess this lady decided to amp up her donations by asking directly, it really was uncomfortable and probably discouraged by the Salvation Army.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You've got a right to be mad. Those people are control freaks. Like the 4 way stops and everyone motions for the other person to go. I'll go when I feel like it-quit being bossy.

And how dare they stick that beggars can in front you! You give when you can, so again, being aggressive and bossy.

Be good to yourself and know that, hey, you were trying to be controlled and you don't like that. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Every now and then I will just walk up to some random stranger on the street and punch em as hard as I can right in the face. I know it's bad karma but it makes me feel better. If I'm really angry I'll vote Republican.

OMG, lolololo....that was really funny....I really must be in a "bitchy" mood !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If it makes you feel any better, those people were likely just as irritated with you.

Oh for sure, that was the irony of the whole thing......

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yeah, but whenever I get into a thing like that and get irked that thought always makes me feel better.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel Damn those nice people. I hope that lady in the car hit a mailbox and popped a tire. And that SA lady well I hope she gets caught stealing from the bucket and get arrested. Nice people really get under my skin also.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, you see that a lot at schools too, NO common sense being applied to picking up and dropping off the kids, "well meaning" parents and volunteers forcing parents to drive around like sharks, causing more chaos and hazards, IMO, rather then just letting parents park for a few mins, pick up their kids and move on for the next parents to pick up their kids.

I will say having lived in both very liberal Nor.Cal and the more conservative little town I live in now in Central CA that has lot's of churches, the people here are generally nicer and tend to mind their own business more.....IDK...just my observation overall....I certainly don't miss the roads being obstructed by protests all the time !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I like the systems the schools out here have. If you are a regular pickup parent, they give you a number for your visor or window, and you put that up when you get in the line. Your kid and and the pickup people know which kids/cars/numbers go together, so they get the group of five or so kids whose parents' cars are coming up in line. That group gets in, cars drive off. No muss; no fuss.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: MountainLaurel Damn those nice people. I hope that lady in the car hit a mailbox and popped a tire. And that SA lady well I hope she gets caught stealing from the bucket and get arrested. Nice people really get under my skin also.

LOL...you guys really are a lot of fun !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
You've got a right to be mad. Those people are control freaks. Like the 4 way stops and everyone motions for the other person to go. I'll go when I feel like it-quit being bossy.

And how dare they stick that beggars can in front you! You give when you can, so again, being aggressive and bossy.

Be good to yourself and know that, hey, you were trying to be controlled and you don't like that. Nothing wrong with that.

You're right, I did feel like I was being controlled, even if it was well intentioned and I didn't like it, especially because I was in the mood to be left alone today. Normally these sorts of things would just roll off my back, but I think I'm in the anger phase of Grief right now, and I just don't feel like being a good sport, at least not today !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I like the systems the schools out here have. If you are a regular pickup parent, they give you a number for your visor or window, and you put that up when you get in the line. Your kid and and the pickup people know which kids/cars/numbers go together, so they get the group of five or so kids whose parents' cars are coming up in line. That group gets in, cars drive off. No muss; no fuss.

Sounds like someone with some common sense came up with a good system, excellent !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

the same happened to me too. a while ago. i was going to wait out my turn, when a car stopped for me. i also was a touch taken off. but then i decided to thank the person and crossed the road just so the flow of the traffic could continue.

now i'm thinking, gosh, i was too nice. i was a 'nice' person, even nicer than the person who stopped. gosh, you guys must look down on me for being a 'nice' person.

but irony aside

just yesterday i was just totally normal but i happened to be talking to someone who turned out to be a paranoid dick. i must have been too nice ?

where do you set boundaries of being nice. where do other people set boundaries between normal, nice and sticky.

how can you win? on the other hand i have also observed the 'niceness' of people after having been rude to them.

tolerance must be the way to go ??

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Isn't Mountain Laural a toxic plant, unlike it's bay leaf cousin.

Maybe your name is why you are cranky today

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

I guess drawing the line between normal, nice and sticky is subjective, the truth is had I not been in such a reclusive, crabby mood, I probably would have just done the same thing as you and quickly ran across the street as to not hold up traffic or be rude to the driver trying to be nice, who was actually the one holding up traffic. Today however, the fact that this person made the decision to hold up traffic on my behalf, was unwelcome and I didn't want to comply.

You sound like a nice person, so don't be discouraged by the paranoid guy, we never really know what people are going through. I guess trying to read people's body language and respecting their right to be left alone if they show no interest in engaging with us is the best we can do.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
a reply to: lucia2389

I guess trying to read people's body language and respecting their right to be left alone if they show no interest in engaging with us is the best we can do.

you are right there, if a person is congruent in their body language with their internal representation. even if that representation is way off. so even reading can be misleading.

" trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 "

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join