It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha’s cremated remains unearthed in China?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There's ash when my Buddah is dead too.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Why follow someone who is dead.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

there is plenty of proof Jesus Not only lived here for 30 years or so but that he rose from the dead and is still alive today.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: Nothin

Sadly, no.

So far people in this thread are hung up on things like "omg, now we can prove Buddha existed " and "see? Buddha never rose from the dead!"....

AND folks wonder why Buddha was the only unique entity in existence.

Not to mention that nobody has truly questioned the fact that the Chinese discovered this, in China. Because, you know, China lives all things Buddhist. China loves all things religion. Yepp. They sure do.

Sad that China has lost so much of the beautiful traditions, and yet wonderful to see how word has spread around the world.
Take that NWO Globalists!!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: FyreByrd

there is plenty of proof Jesus Not only lived here for 30 years or so but that he rose from the dead and is still alive today.

Perhaps he is retired from actually giving a snip, and is just taking it cool, tending sheep somewhere on a hillside, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.

Maybe even picking at his toe-nails with a half-shell from a pistachio nut, at this very moment. Or not.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Show me your carpenter lives
You know nothing about Buddhism or any non Abrahamic faith.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Gesus man...

on the attack tonight?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
If he was born, lived and had died in India, why would his remains be in the smack middle of China?

Sounds like someone made a fake in the past.

Buddha never left China. Sure he is born near India, but he moved to China. Why do you think China still has those ancient Shaolin monk warriors? India was totally destroyed. Nothing left of Buddhism or the proper practice. Both India and China used to be friendly to each other until the Brits came and let Muslims destroy everything. Then came the the 8 nation alliance in which British Indian troops started occupying China.

He never left China? That’s why he literally died in Kushinagar, India? Because he never left? He was born IN India not near it.

Buddha spent most of his teachings in India. He reached enlightenment in Bodh Gaya (which is India). He gave his first sermon in Sarnath (hmm which is also India). He started the Wheel of Dharma in Varanasi (more India). He then spent the last 45 years of his life traveling the Indo-Gangetic Plain, which is the border of India,Nepal and some of Pakistan.

Sorry Buddha never went to China sorry to break it to you pal.
edit on 21-11-2017 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Nope. I have no skin in the Buddha game
Though the leader of my previous Religious organization is married to a Buddhist monk. I've also studied a lot of the branches of that Philosophy/Faith.

Quite simply if Chester does not know anything about Buddhism, he should not chime in. But he does, he has to belittle another path.

Thus I reiterate, for him not to be a world class hypocrite, he needs to prove Jesus:
(a) Existed (first hand verifiable accounts)
(b) Rose from the dead
(c) Is returning.

Otherwise it is a load of gnoses.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Buddhism practice of which I did in the 70'2 and 80's we followed the way of Gautama Buddha, mantra's, meditation, wheel spinning, bells, incense and hand prayer positioning and martial arts. Been there done that.

You can't work yourselves into being one with the universe.

Most of it is brought together by the Church Universal and Triumphant blends Buddhism and spiritism.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Neighbour you have spoken nothing of their spiritual beliefs there. Just something you have googled. OR perhaps you lurk in new age sewage circles? Because Church Universal and Triumphant is certainly that.

I grew up in a city with a strong Buddhist presence, including a high ranking Rinpoche (and asasocated Nuns) who escaped the Chinese.

As per usual, you don't understand anything that is not your narrow view of a certain Abrahamic faith. try going to an interfaith event, with an open mind some day

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join