It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Curiosity Photograph A Plant Or Tree On Mars In Sept. 2016?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

see no shadow, hah!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

how about no?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

maybe, however the clouds in mars are too small to rain and thereafter produce lightining

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
IMO, not an optical illusion to much geometry in it..
Although I'm not one hundred percent sure..

Nice catch BTW..

edit on 0b05America/ChicagoThu, 16 Nov 2017 12:13:05 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 16 Nov 2017 12:13:05 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

maybe, however the clouds in mars are too small to rain and thereafter produce lightining

At one time....
Who knows how old this is.
Also, something like lightening has been seen a few times, but we still do not know what those images were.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
Not a tree, or any other upright object, it appears.

I'm not saying this is anything but I don't think this "object would cast much of a shadow . The other shadow you pointed at is directly below the the object that casted it. The "object has no visible canopy above it so I don't know how much of a shadow would be. And the left extremity of the "object" actually does arguably spear to have a small shadow directly below it.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This looks very much like a vertical mineral vein exposed by wind erosion.

Here's lots of them in their usual horizontal position:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It looks like it the same color as the rock mass behind it and the sand below. I know there has been much debate about the actual color of mars, but it seems unlikely that a plant or tree is going to be so close in color. More likely it is just an optical illusion.
I think we should just accept the most likely fact that Mars is a dead planet and Earth is an oasis of life in the universe.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
Not a tree, or any other upright object, it appears.

the light is From above and a little to the right.
so you would Not see much of a shadow!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

linky?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

linky?

Rather easy to find...

First direct evidence of lightning on Mars Detected.

Heavy rain may have once fallen on Mars
edit on 17-11-2017 by charlyv because: content

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

very nice!
i think you may have found an very good explanation

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Thanks. I collect a few of those but have never found one. Imagine the pic where hundreds are sticking up.... looks like a very dangerous place to be!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

natural spikes...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

It reminds me of a couple of things, if the spine was straight on this album cover, it would look more like it, this was the first lookalike that occurred to me...

Then it dawned on me that this was a better fit...

No, I'm not saying that a spinal cord and brain have been implanted on Mars, nor am I saying this is a gun and helmet, as a grave marker for one of our alleged "off world" soldiers. It's a bit like the TV Game Show "Catchphrase", say what you see.

I've been trying to get my head round this image since I got up a couple of hours ago. On one hand I can see the horizontal line, looking like it's lying flat. But when you take the other parts into consideration it's impossible to see it lying flat. There are sections that appear to interact with one another in ways that would mean it isn't lying flat.

Of all the "Mars Rocks" images, this is the one that has me scratching my head the most.

Those fulgarite images are spectacular. I know if I came across these I couldn't help myself, I'd have to take some. Also that's a better explanation than most, especially my own...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Aren't they just out here in the Arizona desert?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I know it's a hostile environment but that looks like sand to me. I wnat to sit down and push my feet into it and squeeze my toes. I want to hope the sun is warm and I can just lay in peace and comfort?

But anyway that's another weird illusion picture, IMHO. What we need are different angles and such.

How warm is it in that picture? I know it has weak atmosphere, no oxygen and high radiation (compared to Earth). I wouldn't survive long. Is that sand? Not worth my life just to feel the sand on my feet :/

Wish I was more interested in geology or chemistry or planetary science. These're interesting times for people in those fields:
en.wikipedia.org - Planetary science...
edit on 1/17/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join