It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Killed In Year’s 600th Homicide Among 5 Shot Tuesday In Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: xuenchen

and the death toll on human life makes you happy, and be sarcastic about it and call it a 'celebration'... because now you have a reference and hyperbole scale to justify every subsequent violent gun crime or gun related mass shootings that's on the news...

ad long as there is gun crime in Chicago, everything else is acceptable...

Now imagine the uproar if they were immigrants doing the killing.....

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Then why is the murder rate lower in other parts of Illinois? If the laws are so lax and all. Lax gun laws equals high murder rates right?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I thought black lives are supposed to matter now?

WhereTF is BLM and their protesting??

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Still having a problem why all this senseless killing in Chicago is not being addressed properly by the media and federal agencies or even BLM?

Something totally stinks here; and has gone awry and askew and without notice to the public and for it's safety.

We need a BATMAN!

edit on 11 15 17 by Tophat21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Doing so will put cops in jail. Thats why the crime in Chicago goes unchecked. The Intercept has a series of articles that will destroy any faith you have left in humans being able to police each other.

theintercept.com...
edit on 11/15/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Unbelievably, when I looked up where Chicago was statistically regarding murders in America it was number 17!

www.forbes.com...

New Orleans, Detroit and St Louis are way worst statistically.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sorry on the math.

It's one murder every 12 hours and one shooting every 2 hrs 20 minutes.

heyjackass.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Unbelievably, when I looked up where Chicago was statistically regarding murders in America it was number 17!

www.forbes.com...

New Orleans, Detroit and St Louis are way worst statistically.

yea but Chicago is better known for making apples to peaches comparisons to justify rotten eggs.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't think gun free makes much of a difference here. We have Detroit, which is pretty bad, and Michigan's laws are pretty lax, or at least no worse than most states. Thugs will kill each other regardless. But the law abiding are obviously able to protect themselves here in MI compared to Chicago.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: intrptr

Running death toll in Chicago, stay tuned to hear about the latest acts of gun terror and body counts.

Sounds to me like the controllers are letting this happen to promote their anti-gun agenda. Because I mean like we could start bombing the region like we do the Middle East. We destroy whole cities all the time to get at Some Bad Guys.

The thing is that in Chicago, they know who the shooters are... they actually have a database of like 1000 people who are high candidates for either shooting or getting shot.

Chicago Police Try to Predict Who Shoots or Gets Shot

The city nor the community has the stomach to actually get the thugs off the street because doing so will hurt some feelings.

Thats as forensic as the chidren's game, pin the tail on the donkey. But okay, judging by the response I still don't have a clue what you mean by 'hurting some feellings'.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
BLM.

Ignoring the real issues since it's inception.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

The strict Chicago gun laws are really keeping people safe eh?
The #ing police should just turn in their badges.

Trump supporter here. And from Chicago.

Illinois isn’t a gun free zone. The problem is how some democrats etc, twist and call people racists who point out about the alarming issue here.

The democratic do it for political reasons playing off the people who like to blame others for their shortcomings/those who take advantage of link cards etc instead of working.

I know people who grew up in those ghettos and pushed for a better life. And met people who just straight refuse to and are just about the “thug life” and just make excuses and point people as racists when recognizing an alarming issue. As we see here.

Agenda in both and for wrong reasons.

edit on 15-11-2017 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Running death toll in Chicago, stay tuned to hear about the latest acts of gun terror and body counts.

Sounds to me like the controllers are letting this happen to promote their anti-gun agenda. Because I mean like we could start bombing the region like we do the Middle East. We destroy whole cities all the time to get at Some Bad Guys.

The thing is that in Chicago, they know who the shooters are... they actually have a database of like 1000 people who are high candidates for either shooting or getting shot.

The city nor the community has the stomach to actually get the thugs off the street because doing so will hurt some feelings.

Thats as forensic as the chidren's game, pin the tail on the donkey. But okay, judging by the response I still don't have a clue what you mean by 'hurting some feellings'.

It is a no win situation. If the police go in an crack some skulls to get the shooters off the street, the community activists and Grandmas will be up in arms because of the aggressive policing. My baby dindewnuffin!

One of the big problems in Chicago is the court system is very lenient on gun charges. Getting a gun charge as a teen or young adult is like getting a parking ticket. The system continually lets them back out on the street. If the judges start throwing the book at the offenders, then you get the Revrunds and community activist crying about the justice system being too harsh on young black men.

This is how the police know who is statistically likely to get shot or shoot someone. They can tell from the offenders records. The vast majority of the offenders and victims are known gang members and have previous records involving guns, drugs, etc. It is very rare that you get an honor roll student being gun downed or someone pulling the trigger who isn't known in the system.

This is why the proactive policing works. They usually get the shooters off the street by putting other charges on them, not necessarily homicide. They catch them BEFORE they shoot someone. They keep them off the streets long enough before they are able to do some damage. Usually catch them with a gun, weed, or doing something else.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This is true. And we had a mayor years ago who evicted households who continued to support/promote such activities.

If I was a thug or my siblings etc and also brought people over chilling on a porch gang banging, and my parents obviously know about it and plea for us to stop, but we don’t, my parents would call the police or kick us out.

If my parents still cried and pleaded for us to stop or “lay low” and my parents don’t do anything really, you were out.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You read the link in post up the page?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Doing so will put cops in jail. Thats why the crime in Chicago goes unchecked. The Intercept has a series of articles that will destroy any faith you have left in humans being able to police each other.

theintercept.com...

No doubt there are dirty cops getting a piece of the action. That is about as surprising as finding out politicians can be corrupt.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Chicago reached a major milestone the other day.

Yes, they celebrated their 600th homicide for 2017 !!

One man was killed and it hit the mark.

Now of course since then, there's been at last 10 more.

610 as of this hour.

"Shot and Wounded" count = 2682

"Total Shot" = 3248

A man killed Tuesday — marking the city’s 600th homicide this year — was among five people shot in a 7-hour span of gun violence on the South and West sides.

Three men were shot, one of them fatally, when someone opened fire from a light-colored vehicle shortly after 4 p.m. in the 500 block of South Lockwood in the West Side Austin neighborhood. A 25-year-old man was was shot multiple times in the head and pronounced dead at the scene less than an hour later, Chicago Police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said. His name has not been released, pending notification of his family. A 32-year-old man was shot in the groin and buttocks, and a 28-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head. Both of their conditions were stabilized at Stroger Hospital.

Man Killed In Year’s 600th Homicide Among 5 Shot Tuesday In Chicago

Link -- up to the minute stats

It's just not working...They need far more gun laws over there in Chicago...Maybe they could outlaw guns...Oh wait !!!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Gun-control opponents love to cite Chicago. So how does it compare to the rest of America?

Any time an article is written about the overlap of gun violence and politics, there is one response that is guaranteed to be offered: "What about Chicago?" Say that mass shootings have occurred hundreds of times in the last few years and you're asked, "What about Chicago?" Talk about the politics of background check legislation and someone will respond, "What about Chicago?"

Chicago’s Murder Problem

Chicago has a reputation for strict gun laws, and gun rights advocates often point to it as proof that gun regulation doesn’t reduce violence. But its laws aren’t what they used to be: Federal courts struck down its ban on handgun ownership in 2010, and its ban on gun sales in 2014. And a New York Times analysis showed guns were easily available from nearby jurisdictions, especially Indiana.

And Chicago is more lenient about illegal handguns than New York, prescribing a one-year minimum for possession versus three and a half years in New York. An attempt to match the New York law in 2013 was rejected by the Illinois legislature out of concern for skyrocketing incarceration rates for young black men.

Gun Deaths In Chicago: Why Is This Happening?

I think if you had asked me that a few months ago, I'd probably say it depends on where you live since much of the violence is concentrated among a small group of people and neighborhoods on the city's South and West side. And I think what's really different is just the sheer numbers. In other cities like St. Louis and Baltimore have much higher murder rates than Chicago, but that said, just the number of murders in the city far exceeds other cities as you mentioned, New York and LA. And that just has people very concerned here.

Personally, I blame poverty for the violence:

Chicago Isn’t Even Close to Being the Gun Violence Capital of the United States

“In New Orleans, look across our neighborhoods,” Harper said. “In some, homicide is more common than the common cold, while others have never had a homicide.”

Earlier this year, The Trace explored how “murder inequality” leaves black residents of some economically isolated neighborhoods in starkly disproportionate danger of getting shot. Contributor Daniel Kay Hertz found that in two Chicago neighborhoods — Burnside and Fuller Park — the homicide rate was more than 100 per 100,000 residents, more than five times the city average.

In St. Louis, 45 percent of shootings this year have been clustered in just eight neighborhoods, according to police data.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Gun-control opponents love to cite Chicago. So how does it compare to the rest of America?

Any time an article is written about the overlap of gun violence and politics, there is one response that is guaranteed to be offered: "What about Chicago?" Say that mass shootings have occurred hundreds of times in the last few years and you're asked, "What about Chicago?" Talk about the politics of background check legislation and someone will respond, "What about Chicago?"

Chicago’s Murder Problem

Chicago has a reputation for strict gun laws, and gun rights advocates often point to it as proof that gun regulation doesn’t reduce violence. But its laws aren’t what they used to be: Federal courts struck down its ban on handgun ownership in 2010, and its ban on gun sales in 2014. And a New York Times analysis showed guns were easily available from nearby jurisdictions, especially Indiana.

And Chicago is more lenient about illegal handguns than New York, prescribing a one-year minimum for possession versus three and a half years in New York. An attempt to match the New York law in 2013 was rejected by the Illinois legislature out of concern for skyrocketing incarceration rates for young black men.

Gun Deaths In Chicago: Why Is This Happening?

I think if you had asked me that a few months ago, I'd probably say it depends on where you live since much of the violence is concentrated among a small group of people and neighborhoods on the city's South and West side. And I think what's really different is just the sheer numbers. In other cities like St. Louis and Baltimore have much higher murder rates than Chicago, but that said, just the number of murders in the city far exceeds other cities as you mentioned, New York and LA. And that just has people very concerned here.

Personally, I blame poverty for the violence:

Chicago Isn’t Even Close to Being the Gun Violence Capital of the United States

“In New Orleans, look across our neighborhoods,” Harper said. “In some, homicide is more common than the common cold, while others have never had a homicide.”

Earlier this year, The Trace explored how “murder inequality” leaves black residents of some economically isolated neighborhoods in starkly disproportionate danger of getting shot. Contributor Daniel Kay Hertz found that in two Chicago neighborhoods — Burnside and Fuller Park — the homicide rate was more than 100 per 100,000 residents, more than five times the city average.

In St. Louis, 45 percent of shootings this year have been clustered in just eight neighborhoods, according to police data.

Per capita, Chicago isn't the most violent. However, you can't really compare a city like Baton Rouge to Chicago or even a St. Louis because Chicago is so much larger population wise. You almost have to compare single neighborhoods in Chicago to those cities for it to be apples to apples.

While there is a high correlation of crime and poverty, the causality is suspect. Plenty of people grow up in poverty and don't have nearly the same levels of violence. I think more of it cultural and social failing, more specifically the out of wedlock birth rate in the black community where you have 75% of the kids being born to single mothers. Poor whites in rural areas have more guns, but less violence so it clearly just isn't poverty.

In a way, the black community has embraced this violence as a way to resolve disputes.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You can’t blame it on poverty.

We’re not in a Great Depression dust bowl era here. People who really want to work, will work. Fact is many, many just don’t want to work. Or can’t hold jobs down. Even if they can.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join