It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-op transgender woman is suing Mass. over placement at male prison

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If it's fair and equal and whatever else, to allow them their own bathrooms, or access to the *applicable* bathroom.. Then it is only fair disclosure on what sex and race you were born as, pre-or during first date, should be just as fair and legal.

I'm fine and open with people being whoever they feel like they are.

But I'd like to know, particularly if more intimate relationships mat be known..

Somehow I feel like I'd get called out as a bigot or some other bullcrap.

Maybe I just don't have any interest in you like that, if have/had a penis.

Does not make me a bigot.

Go ahead and tell me you likes and dislikes.

So I can hop on your dislikes and then accuse you of #.

You should be required to show what you where born as, regardless. IMO.

edit on 11-15-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

I haven't seen anyone deny that.

What we're arguing is why she should get special treatment in a situation where no one has their full rights.

Define special treatment.

And don't tell me they can't find a jail/prison that can accommodate.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No I figured out a while back it's better that there are more gun owners with more guns, speeding up Darwin's law.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yeah, I got tons of stars on my post.

Yeah!

Clearly that is evidence of an alt-right ATS conspiracy and not the result of a smarmy one-liner that doesn't meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Its all so very obvious!

You can absolutely do better than that. Those left leaning posts mentioned tend to have some meaningful content irrespective of any bias.

This topic, like many others, brings up a very serious issue but only focuses on one demographic affected.

The problem is that tends to divide those who are exposed to it, even on topics where we should be able to unite and approach.

Once something like sexual assault in prisons is addressed, then we can get a clearer picture on just how to handle some of the more fringe issues. Its a horrible situation, one that is no more (or less) acceptable solely because of specific demographics.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Getting to decide where they will go and in what population when no other inmate has that luxury.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Nice if you are shopping for canned corn and a nice sofa.

Not such a nice mantra if you are in prison. Guess what. The prison pop doesn't care about your trans this and I got rights that.

Prison is very scary, and these trans people should be in protective custody.
Why should trans people be in protective custody? Why do they get special rights?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I guess it's worse if you get prison raped as a transgender than if you get raped as a "dirty normie."

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: kaylaluv
God I hate this alt right website sometimes.

The ignorance continues.

Who you are is in your brain. Not your body parts.

Surgery is not a requirement to be trasnsgender.
i can settle this the same way i would settle the bathroom issue. Dicks in one room vaginas in the other.

Your imagination isn't the only thing that determines who or what you are. There are physical factors that have to be taken into account. That easily boils down to a very simple formula. Dicks in one prison and vaginas in the other. It's the only way to be completely fair to everyone. That and decriminalize possesion of harmless substances.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Why should trans people be in protective custody? Why do they get special rights?

Emotionally I agree, they are not special and want to be treated the same.

Logically they are going to raped and shanked.

I will follow logic on this one. Make sense?

edit on 15-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So what do you think a logical decision would be? Is there any down side to that decision?

What about other people who might get raped or shanked? Do they deserve protection as well?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

So what do you think a logical decision would be? Is there any down side to that decision?

What about other people who might get raped or shanked? Do they deserve protection as well? I'm kinda pretty, i might get raped and shanked. Can i go to the womens prison?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yes, with the cost of incarceration the prisoners should be safe, well cared for and educated to try to cut down on recitative problems. End the war on drugs.

Other countries have much much better recitative numbers. But here in the US we are #1 in prison rates, Medical costs and military spending.

The trans population is very small, the trans population in prison even smaller.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

And would a female inmate want her/him in their shower?

They would perhaps feel uncomfortable

a male inmate would most certainly want blaire in the shower though...and a distraction going on elsewhere...

discomfort vs rape. hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Do you really think we are talking about Blair in this thread? If you take away the hormones Blair goes back to Brian fast. Oh and tax payers are paying for the elective hormones while these people are in prison.

There will have to be a distinction made to what constitutes a male and female. Right now it is based on physical characteristics and that is all.

There is a distinction between male and female. one has a penis.
the discussion is not on sex, its on gender, and lines get blurry here.

Is it a gender seperated prison or a sex seperated prison.

With advances in tech coming in leaps and bounds every year, surgery becoming cheap and better, etc...its time this gets addressed in a realistic manner that will work now and tomorrow when the only real way to tell the difference will be from a birth certificate or genetic testing...and not even sure if genetic testing will always be infallable.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You think female inmates don't rape?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

And when you get a transgender who doesn't want sex re-assignment surgery because perhaps they are gender fluid?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I'm confused. Guy has a d*ck, wants to go to a women's prison, is that right?

If you were in prison, would you want this person as your cell mate?

Would she want you as a cell mate?

Its not a clear cut thing really (cut being the issue given Blaire (picture) is technically pre-op also

Why are you showing a picture of a rape survivor, and suggest that she should go to prison?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

And when you get a transgender who doesn't want sex re-assignment surgery because perhaps they are gender fluid?

Gender fluid is a thing...well, gender spectrum anyhow.
and gender is not the same as sex
when a gender doesn't want to change a sex...complicated question and not sure how the brain works. I know some don't want to do it simply because the tech isn't perfect yet, and some are worried they will do it and realize it was a mistake / too young to commit to such a huge transition.

Perhaps every state needs a couple trans prisons. need to ween away from the prison industry and empty out the jails for non-violent criminals...nothing an ankle bracelet cant fix. From there, we will have prisons to spare for trans, aliens, whatever else who need to go....so, this issue might actually trigger a conversation that will lead to ultimately a lot of good things for society and the prison state we have become.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Not every Transgendered person wants or can afford the cost of the operation. SO it may well be that.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Just how many trans criminals do you think there actually are? Is it enough to devote one prison facility in every state?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join