It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of American ufo sighting from 1995 to 2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nearly 59k ufo reports.
That's nearly 3k a year.

I wonder how many of these are people seeing a light? "Look!, a ufo!"
I guess the better question is how many are not just a light they can't identify.

This is like bigfoot sightings to me. Way to many people see something for them all to be nuts.

Personally I have never seen a ufo, or bigfoot, or a ghost, or the lock ness monster. Not from the lack of an open mind.

www.indy100.com...

Well anyhow, enjoy.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

First thing that stood out was the similarity between this map and a night shot of the USA released by NASA

OP image:

NASA image:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Kinda makes sense.
More people in those areas to see something.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly. Reports are from areas where there are people to see and report things.
Also if I am alone and see something strange that I can't identify and have no physical proof why should I report it?
If the "authorities" will treat me like a nut case I will probably not report it.

It is hard enough to get authorities such as DNR or police to believe reports on known terrestrial animals that are "out of place" and not in their "normal" range.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Weird.

On both post I'm getting webpage not available..

Thanks for the pics from the site.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I live in the U.P. and according to the map they do not see many here. I used to spend a lot of time outside sitting around the campfire drinking a beer and talking to friends. I worked outside most of my life. I never saw one. Although when I was sitting around the campfire drinking I was not looking up, but still no aliens stopped by for a beer. When I was working I was concentrating on what I was doing, so no wonder I did not see any aliens other than my son-in-law that worked for me. He is short, and was born in Guatemala. His mother is short compared to him, he does kind of look a little like an alien I suppose, maybe an intergalactic spy.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
UFO's are not real . . .We already know what they are.
A. Ours - - - Terrestrial
B. Theirs. - -Extraterrestrial
1. Local.
2. Distant.
A. Linear time similar
B. Dimensional variant
Of course as far as time goes there is almost always a difference; from minimal to vast.

Kidding around
Good map Thank you

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

First thing that stood out was the similarity between this map and a night shot of the USA released by NASA

OP image:

NASA image:

If that's similar than I need an eye test 👍

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Both image show higher population centers.

Larger number of people = larger number of people reporting UFOs.

edit on 15/11/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Nearly 59k ufo reports.
That's nearly 3k a year.

I wonder how many of these are people seeing a light? "Look!, a ufo!"
I guess the better question is how many are not just a light they can't identify.

This is like bigfoot sightings to me. Way to many people see something for them all to be nuts.

Personally I have never seen a ufo, or bigfoot, or a ghost, or the lock ness monster. Not from the lack of an open mind.

www.indy100.com...

Well anyhow, enjoy.

3K a year that are reported...think about that number for a minute. Now how many do you think are unreported, due to identification, or ridicule or ignorance on where to report it...

3K a year and if only 1% is legit that is 30 a year...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

Agreed.

But using that same thinking, if 0% are legit (i.e, are "ETs") that is 0 per year.

edit on 15/11/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Personally I have never seen a ufo

I have, in broad daylight. Spend more time looking skyward.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Personally I have never seen a ufo

I have, in broad daylight. Spend more time looking skyward.

But then I fall down.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Massachusetts is a hotbed of sightings, thanks for the post.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Both image show higher population centers.

Larger number of people = larger number of people reporting UFOs.

Yeah, but look at the middle of the country. Not a heavy population, but a lot of sightings. Other than that, yeah, looks population-based, which isn't a surprise.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blindmancc
UFO's are not real . . .We already know what they are.
A. Ours - - - Terrestrial
B. Theirs. - -Extraterrestrial
1. Local.
2. Distant.
A. Linear time similar
B. Dimensional variant
Of course as far as time goes there is almost always a difference; from minimal to vast.

Kidding around
Good map Thank you

Can you please explain each one in detail? to include the painfully obvious ones cause reasons.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: abeverage

Agreed.

But using that same thinking, if 0% are legit (i.e, are "ETs") that is 0 per year.

All it takes is one.

Consider the duration of the existence of modern homo sapiens on Earth. Thats a lot of time to acrue observational data and draw conclusions.

Ancient civilizations and their mythology and lore speaking of deities or gods from the heavens. Space.

Cave depictions and paintings from various eras depicting beings, gods, unknown things from the sky.

Depictions in many of the different constructions by these civilizations world wide, dedicated to the heavens. Even aligning their monuments and constructions with celestial things.

Modern day. You have every day people to famous inventors, even astronauts, speaking of the high probability of their existence.

Research already showing earth like planets in habitable zones, and thats only nearby systems, in a short time of observation, with first generation space-based observatory technology, let alone the vastness of the galaxy and Universe, with the quadrillions of planets herein.

The lore and very idea of other worlders exists in our minds for a clear and purposeful reason.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Same, I don't see it. One can argue population wise when comparing to more sightings but the two images tell a different story. Not surprising where I had seen my first UFO(unreported) being in highly populated as well as highly reported active area. Wonder how many others seen it that day but don't recall any reports due to confusion on what it could have been.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Concentrated over populated areas yet how many sightings pictures/videos or statemnts have the object at a distance yet no reports from closer or under the object even when above a town or city, is that because people closer to the object can see it's not a ufo.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The best stories behind the sightings are more important than this map especially since high profile investigation has been dominated by the oligarchies for decades and they're not trying to do a good job. This means that the best evidence is often much older, before the oligarchies controlled most of the research.

Historical investigations like Ruppelt's are much higher quality, even though he denied it; but those that look at the change in quality of the research and recognize it might wonder why the incompetence, unless there's a cover up of something real.

Another problem is modern technology is much more advances so it can explain many sightings that previously couldn't be explained so easily.

But where did that technology come from? If it wasn't alien technology as Philip Corso and others claim, how did it develop so fast?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join