It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret Desert Assembly Plant Starts Ramping Up To Build Northrop's B-21 Bomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Top Secret Desert Assembly Plant Starts Ramping Up To Build Northrop's B-21 Bomber

I'm seeing this on a few different websites. People are reporting that Palmdale is ramping up to start production of the B-21.

Makes me wonder if anyone is gonna take a trip out there and take some pictures.

A once-empty parking lot at Northrop Grumman Corp.’s top secret aircraft plant in Palmdale, California is now jammed with cars that pour in during the predawn hours.

More than a thousand new employees are working for the time being in rows of temporary trailers, a dozen tan-colored tents and a vast assembly hangar at the desert site near the edge of urban Los Angeles County.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Not this year. They won't have the new buildings up and going until after the new year most likely.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The top secret assembly plant everybody knows about? Lol...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Top Secret Desert Assembly Plant

Hardly. You can drive right up to the place.

Makes me wonder if anyone is gonna take a trip out there and take some pictures.

Undoubtedly.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ummm, don't they usually make a prototype just to show it is viable first?

Are they actually going straight into production bypassing this stage of development?

I don't remember hearing about flight tests or anything.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

They're still in the CDR phase. We may get a prototype next year after CDR is done. They thought they were going to be a lot faster than this, but various issues have cropped up along the way.
edit on 11/15/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'd prefer that a defense program not be manufactured in a known earthquake zone.

But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

You'd be surprised. Heh. I saw some comments that showed that some people you'd think would know had no idea about the plant.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It's probably better that way. Like a good fishing hole, better chance for us to catch the big one.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Is this a production line or the development phase?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Both.
edit on 11/15/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: intrptr

Both.

So first development, then production. After a bazillion dollars over budget, another too complex and fraught with bugs product will be released, some years or even decades down the line.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The top secret assembly plant everybody knows about? Lol...

In that context they don't mean the plant itself is top secret, but what it assembles may be classified up to top secret.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: muzzleflash

They thought they were going to be a lot faster than this, but various issues have cropped up along the way.

They shoulda stuck with the lockbo bird.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Some of the same issues would have come up with it too.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Not this year. They won't have the new buildings up and going until after the new year most likely.

Which gives ats enough time to pool together enough money to buy an old beat up winabago. Which we can park right across the street from the plant 24/7 and have volunteers run shifts waiting for a photo op. 😃

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Govt keep changing what they want or is it budgeting issues.

Either way lockbo had the better bird in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No, they've found the periodic technical issue.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Which gives ats enough time to pool together enough money to buy an old beat up winabago. Which we can park right across the street from the plant 24/7 and have volunteers run shifts waiting for a photo op. 😃

I happen to have an '87 32 foot Coachmen Classic that would do nicely. Fuel on the way down may hit the budget hard though.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You need to buy old Russian NVG headsets for the night watch if we're going for that angle, haha.

Maybe a nice big IR illuminator, too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join