It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea slash thought on time or space time and gravity... require opinions please

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
In a way, you are describing friction in that falling results in decay.

It's the opposite, your time slows so you speed up in space.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Hi,

So I have an idea about space, time, and gravity.

I kind of believe we are living in a simulated reality like on a computer. Therefore everything is information.

The more information there is to compute in a local area, the more time it takes. So just say empty space doesnt have much to compute in its area, a place where there is much to compute in a local area would take more time to process.

We have all heard of space time.

Space and time.

Time slows down the closer you get to a black hole. That i believe is because there is much more information to compute in that local area. The more mass you have the more time slows down aroind that mass due to more information to calculate and process.

The universe is made up of space time. Ever expanding. Which means more space and time is created constantly.

Imagine the universe as a huge lake filled with calm water constantly getting bigger creating space and within that space time as well.

The objects within that lake like planets and the sun and black holes contain mass... mass in information. The more mass the longer to compute that information within its locale.

Imagine mass as a sink hole within the lake of space time.

Sure... that mass takes up space... but it takes up more time within its allocated space to compute.

So time flows out of the space time around that mass and into the sink hole that requires more time to compute.

Could that flow of time into the sink hole of mass be what we experience as gravity?

Or is it the flow of space time... both space and time into the sink hole that we experience as gravity?

Thats why time slows down the closer you get to a black hole or an object with mass because time is flowing into it.

Imagine time is the same everywhere on that flat lake surface of space but it begins flowing away from the space that time currently inhabits the closer it gets to an object of mass as that mass has created a sinkhole in the surface of the lake as that mass requires more time to process that information... and thats why time seems to slow down around an object of mass... and that fall of time into the object of mass is what we experience as gravity...

Could gravity be an emergent force of the amount of time or dare i say space time flowing out of close by areas that have higher computational ability due to their emptiness of information compared with an area that has more information to compute.

Forget your black hole.
Have you ever heard of scalar waves?
Examin that

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
a reply to: olaru12

Except that the passage of time varies with velocity and gravitational field strength. Sure labels like seconds, days, and months are artificial constructs, but time is a physical property of the universe.
Indeed time is a physical property of our universe

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join