It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics Debunked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Pop Mech wants everyone to believe that there is no 9/11 cover up but FACTS of sorts say other wise. rense.com...

SMR

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Funny we see no Howard in here debunking this debunking

I was going to stay out of 9/11 talk for awhile,but after reading HR's post on PM article,then finding this article and being late on posting it,as you posted it first,,,,,why do those who say we are full of it,never like to comment on debunked material they find?

As they tell us,,,,keep digging boys

9/11 had a slew of cover-ups and they are being expossed day after day.
A thief always leaves something behind,just a matter of time before it is found and he gets caught

edit for spelling

[edit on 13-2-2005 by SMR]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I posted this thread that sort of ties in with SiberianTiger thread

'Popular Mechanics' & Other CIA Front Organizations

[edit on 13/2/2005 by Sauron]

SMR

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yes,I read that too.Thank you for posting it.
I believe this to be a big can of worms soon if people continue to search the truth and expose the lies.

Be nice to get someone like Peter Sault to take part on ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
[edit on 13/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
After that Roswell crap PM came out it was obvious they were full of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Pop Mech wants everyone to believe that there is no 9/11 cover up but FACTS of sorts say other wise. rense.com...

ST, have you ever read this on Rense's site?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Actually that's a very good disclaimer there.

rense.com...

If only Popular Mechanics followed sensible publishing policy like that, describing itself for what it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Actually as an established magazine they have something that is much better. It is called integrity.

They can't afford to publish b.s.

Rense puts out nothing but b.s.

That is the difference.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately Popular Mechanics' blatant entry into the arena of political tools damages its reputation and positioning more than a little for a considerable proportion of its readers.

Watch for the retractions and damage control in months to come.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

So, a technically oriented magazine took a look at a subject with a lot of technical issues is damaging to thier reputation?

Hardly. I might just subsribe to them now.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

So, a technically oriented magazine took a look at a subject with a lot of technical issues is damaging to thier reputation?

Hardly. I might just subsribe to them now.

Yes, very damaging for serious readership.

Maybe I have misread this and it's an element of marketing strategy - give the people what they want - nonsense supporting their existing beliefs - dumb the contents down - reach a mass market of new subscribers.

Thank you for the insight!

Although the truth will become more apparent with future issues.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How is it damaging for serious readership?

Did you miss the "popular" part of the name of the magazine? They are about technology. The 9/11 myths are a total misunderstanding of basic concepts of technology. They examined that and prove their case.

The average reader of that magazine is smart enough to understand the concepts behind the science and they are laughing their buts off at the conspiracy theorists right now.

You are just sore because a mainstream magazine has just shot you down.

Tell me, Did you really believe that the seismic data proved that there was a bomb under the building?

[edit on 13-2-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Not relevant. But Controlled Demolition Inc. is relevant to some of the answers.

I have posted plenty about questions not even addressed by Popular Mechanics in this article. The article focuses simply on a mix of bizarre claims and several features where it has selectively used information in order to present the official line about what happened on 9/11 as what happened. Unfortunately it doesn't touch on real unanswered questions.

ATS is just a revolving door, but inside it there is a body of knowledge that sticks.

I hope readers can make use of that, as it is far more useful than the junk in Popular Mechanics.

Keep smirking and toeing the line like a good parrot.

SMR

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Tell me, Did you really believe that the seismic data proved that there was a bomb under the building?

I'll speak for myself here on this one,NO.It was the images that seem to get left out on the MIANSTREAM media.

Your basicaly saying that because PM had a stab at this,wrote an article about,we are to believe it?But other sources that analize it and debunk what they say,are not worthy?
It seems to me that if all that is said to say nothing 'odd' happened,it is true and nothing 'odd' happened.If someone analizes it and proves that to be wrong,they are just nuts and dont know what they are talking about.Even though quite a few are well known engineers and physicists.....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Even though quite a few are well known engineers and physicists.....

Like who?

SMR

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I left out a word,sorry

I was to say "Even though quite a few are well known to be engineers and physicists....."
On that,what I meant was that it wasnt just conspiracy nuts writing this stuff.Yet that is what is implied.Yet all their analisis and opinions went right out the door.Had then been on the side of those who agree nothing 'odd' happened,they would have been taken seriously and their articles would have appeared in such magazines like PM

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You know, not even worth it

[edit on 2-13-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"Unfortunately Popular Mechanics' blatant entry into the arena of political tools damages its reputation and positioning more than a little for a considerable proportion of its readers. Watch for the retractions and damage control in months to come."

Masked Avatar, I don't think so. Most people believe that PM and all the other magazines like them are on the money, and that people like Jeff Rense is on the same level with the Weekly World News and Bat-boy.

Of course, there are people out there who believe all the checkout-counter newspapers, too, so what're you gonna do?

I do think you're doing the right thing (for your own feelings) by posting your stuff here on this website, because the only ones who will laugh at you are folks who you don't know and don't care about.

I mean -- it's not like the people at work or your family will read your stuff and start to hoo-raw you.

You're safe here.

"Yes, very damaging for serious readership."

Uhh ... Masked Avatar... you wouldn't be talking about anyone I might happen to know on this board, are you? Just curious....

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"Even though quite a few are well known to be engineers and physicists....." On that,what I meant was that it wasnt just conspiracy nuts writing this stuff."

SMR, what engineers and/or physicists do you know of who have subscribed to the conspiracy assertions? I certainly haven't seen any articles by such folks, have you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join