It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If everyone is lying then who is telling the truth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Painterz

That might have been true sometime in the past (i like to think) but the last decades at least has shown proven that TPTB have misused that system.

They lost all credibility.

Oh yes, I agree absolutely. And I didn't mean to imply I think it started with Trump. I think it started, in the UK at least, with Tony Blair's dodgy Iraq War Dossier.

And Trump is the inevitable consequences of the Post-Truth era. The first true Post-Truth politician.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Media: lying
Mueller: lying
Comey: lying
Obama: lying
Clinton: lying
Judges: lying
Sex assault accusers: lying
Scientists on climate change: lying
Doctors on ACA: lying
Mother of slain US soldier: lying
Intelligence services: lying

Putin: "He means it. I believe him."

Oy vey!

The truth is a fleeting shadow in the night...glimpsed, but
never fully seen.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Excellent observation.
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Very wise. Good post.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You left out Fox News on that list.
Everyone knows that all of the main stream media are liars........ except for RT and Fox News.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: dfnj2015

Depends on which version of the truth you believe.

Even that is becoming a science, of truth and alternative truth...like the debacle of Stockholm 2013, the IPCC and their fifth annual report on, er um, what was called Global warming, which actually still meant the original acronym...AGW which had lost it's cache...for quite a few IPCC contributing scientists whose findings were more tempered than the IPCC's "We are more certain than ever" stance which was ridiculous, and out of step with what was actually going on in reality.
That seemingly politico IPCC stance hasn't changed as yet, worse than ever in fact, the dogma still being "it's indisputable" Therefore no proper debate at all, something that all scientists in the field should be allowed, especially if they contributed in the first place, but don't fully agree with panel findings, while their names are on the famous list of, "thousands of scientists in agreement" and which the IPCC will not take off.
That's like a dictatorship in the guise of a learned democracy.
There is a element of truth in there somewhere, but nobody knows what it is exactly, or by a long margin.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FyreByrd

You are talking about fact, not truth. They are often held as synonymous, but there is a subtle difference.

If I take your meaning correctly, truths (with a little t - relative - day to day reality truths) are verifiable by others.

But Truth in the absolute sense is not - nor is it of any practical value to to beings living in the physical realm. It serves as a pole star to follow and an interesting subject for discussion and/or meditation.

And I will return to this idea of Spiritual Bypassing and I will quote Nathan Nichtern in his chapter on the subject in "The Road Home" and he uses the term emptiness in the way I use absolute (or archetype, ideal, perfection).

With spiritual bypassing, "emptiness" itself ecomes a new narrative to which we cling. However, the purpose of studying emptiness is not to create a new and improved story line but to liberate us from stuck narratives about ourselves and others.

Relative truth is an overlay of the absolute truth which cannot adequately express - hence the new for parables and continuing experimentation.

Relative truth is largely a belief and so subject to change over time and circumstance.

Relative truth = tactics.
Absolute truth = the unvarying, indescribable strategy of creation.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I can't really TELL without a WET interrogation.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Let's try it this way.

We can say the sky is blue. You and I would most likely agree on that. It is also scientific fact.

But is it truth?

We can say we are telling the truth when we say we are seeing a blue sky, but we don't always see a blue sky. For example, today, the sky I was seeing was the very opposite of blue as it was overcast all day. And if I were blind, my sky is never blue. In fact, for me to be truthful, I would have to admit I have no idea what the sky looks like.

So what is the truth when it comes to the sky?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Let's try it this way.

We can say the sky is blue. You and I would most likely agree on that. It is also scientific fact.

But is it truth?

That is why is called a 'relative' truth - which is subject to change based on time and circumstance.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Every commercial on TV or radio, every vocal menu you get when phoning corps or institutions, every politician, every leader:
Lies.
Just in-our-face, flat-out lies.

There is no truth, around here.
No more good honest folks.
No purveyors of "Truth", with a capital T.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Then I refer you to the first post I made up thread. We are living in a relative world now where everything is considered to be relative, including truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join