It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Has 27 Leak Investigations Open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So Attorney General Jeff Sessions let it be known that the Department of Justice has 27 open investigations on the leaking of classified material.

He was in front of a Congressional Committee and mentioned this bombshell.

He claims there were 9 open cases in the last 3 years and now there's 27.

We know lots of classified stuff was out in the news before officially acknowledged.

Maybe some of the sealed indictments all around the country are about leaks.

tik tik tik tik tik tik tik

DOJ Has 27 Leak Investigations Open

Attorney General Jeff Sessions testified Tuesday that the Justice Department has 27 open investigations into leaks.

“We had about nine open investigations of classified leaks in the last three years,” Sessions said before the House Judiciary Committee. “We have 27 investigations open today. We intend to get to the bottom of these leaks. I think it…has reached epidemic proportions. It cannot be allowed to continue and we will do our best effort to ensure it does not continue.”

President Donald Trump has been enraged about the amount of national security leaks during his administration. These leaks have included transcripts of his phone calls with foreign leaders. A July Senate report found that there were at least 125 news articles based on classified information during Trump’s first 126 days in office. (RELATED: Sessions: DOJ Might Go After Press For National Security Leaks)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't care the nature of the investigations, as long as, if they lead to indictments, they are about things of substance that are problems in our government.

Leaks undermine security and trust--often illegally so--so it's good to find the culprits and bring them to justice.

On the other hand, there is so much more wrong with our government than leakers. I hope that these investigations yield better charges and lead to more people.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Sessions wouldn't confirm any existence of an HRC investigation, citing Department policy, right after he revealed the existence of these 27 leak investigations.

My neck hurts from the whiplash.

I plan to sue for personal injury.

edit on 14-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There's so much going on.
So much happening so fast the guilty parties have no time to run

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Sessions wouldn't confirm any existence of an HRC investigation, citing Department policy, right after he revealed the existence of these 27 leak investigations.

My neck hurts from the whiplash.

I plan to sue for personal injury.

It's legally selective "confirm/deny".

James Comey coined the tactic.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

While it would be nice to think something would come of these investigations I feel nothing will. We have a long history of investigating leaks with ZERO convictions.

Try 153 in 4 years with NO INDICTMENTS.

www.nytimes.com...

Unreal.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

A July Senate report found that there were at least 125 news articles based on classified information during Trump’s first 126 days in office.

Even if you hate Trump, you cant love the fact that there is no sanctity to government anymore.

We all lose in that.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I was astounded to hear this from Jeff Sessions today. Why not one BIG ONE?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I was astounded to hear this from Jeff Sessions today. Why not one BIG ONE?

They can't fit that many people and lawyers in one courtroom.

But it's probably several different agencies/msm and each case has differences.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There is also the issue of our government classifying a LOT of information as secret which shouldn't be, in order to keep activities and infromation from us that they know the public would be upset about.

I am ALL for holding accountable those who leak things illegally. But I worry about these investigations getting the public whipped up into a frenzy about leaks, and not also examining that they are classifying information "in the name of national security" that doesn't have to do with national security so much as it does with the security of their jobs, if we knew the crap they were pulling.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

We can only hope so. The number of leaks for political reasons is disgusting.

Yet, when someone leaks in the public interest (Snowden, Assange) they are crucified. The only promises the Obama admin would give Snowden is that he wouldn't be tortured if he voluntarily returned.

Can't blame him for putting roots down in Russia.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Agreed

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Here's a question for the folks in this thread: how do we feel about leaks of things our government (or more precisely, the people who make up the government) has done or is doing that is illegal?

Say that someone illegally leaks information of illegal behavior? Their security clearance requires they not leak the information, but they do it anyway, and the info they leak exposes illegal behavior of our public servants?

ETA: JBurns, I'm basically making a question out of the excellent point you made in the above post.

edit on 14-11-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Pretty sure why the Democrat are bringing up wild speculative story's regarding the Republicans,to try and further trick the sheeple into believing them,a typical liberal news rant

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Pretty sure why the Democrat are bringing up wild speculative story's regarding the Republicans,to try and further trick the sheeple into believing them,a typical liberal news rant

top topics

join