It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead after school shooting in California, shooter stopped by deputies

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Shooter has been identified:

www.dailymail.co.uk...
The California gunman... has been identified as Kevin Janson Neal, 43.
....According to KHSLTV and neighbors, the shooter was known to police and was out on bail for stabbing a female neighbor when he committed the killings on Tuesday.

Needless to say, the other gunman seen by an eyewitness has vanished down the memory hole.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yet he had one, which means the current laws are doing nothing to stop this from happening.

And no law we could come up with will.

You can only shut the door on so many people. There will ALWAYS be those who slip through the cracks.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Needless to say, the other gunman seen by an eyewitness has vanished down the memory hole.

Because there was no "other gunman".

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

5 Fast facts about Neil including how he was currently up on charges of stabbing:
heavy.com...

Remember when turning this thread into a gun debate that he was up on charges of stabbing... this guy was hell-bent on a murder spree and suicide...

Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said that one of the victims was a woman the gunman was previously accused of stabbing in January.

School officials heard shots being fired about a quarter-mile away and the school went into lockdown mode, Johnston said. He added the incident "could have been much worse if it wasn't for the quick thinking" of the school's staff, who put the school in immediate lockdown mode without instruction from police.

Johnston noted it was "monumental" that school workers took action when they did, because he believes they saved the lives of countless children.

The assistant sheriff said the gunman rammed his vehicle into a school fence, then walked onto school grounds with a semi-automatic rifle with a protective vest on. After being unable to access classrooms due to the lockdown, it's believed the gunman became "frustrated" and went back to his car, and began shooting at people while driving.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

From all the reports the guy was 5150 and shooting all over the place when he couldn't get into the school that had received the word of him shooting in the neighborhood before he arrived and were in lockdown...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

News flash, you should get a clue and not rely on YouTube videos to educate yourself on how firearms work. How many of those semi auto rifles had bump stocks and what are the odds you had ever heard of them prior to the shooting in Vegas?

As the ATS motto is to Deny Ignorance and not to perpetuate it, let's have a quick lesson shall we? Bump stocks don't actually convert a semi auto rifle to a fully automatic. With an automatic rifle, you pull the trigger and it fires rounds until either the magazine is empty or you take your finger off the trigger. With a bump stock, it is still a semi auto rifle and you still need to pull the trigger every time you want to fire a round. It uses the rifles recoil to assist in doing so a little quicker but it isn't an automatic rifle no matter how you want to paint it. I can fire a semi auto rifle just as quickly and with as little accuracy as a bump stock without one. But don't let facts get in the way of your fake narrative.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The television station added that the gunman was described as being in his 30’s-40’s “dressed in green cammo.”

From the Heavy.com Source.

It was the actual shooter who was seen.

As I said before, there was never a second shooter, and witness testimony is not usually reliable.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

News flash! It’s not very hard to convert a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic one... which have killed people in the U.S.

That's a slide fire stock. It is not an automatic weapon.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Tougher laws.

Tougher restrictions.

Shows us all who wants to increase the Prison Industrial Complex.

I hope you keep the same position when the Republicans rush through a bill restricting the rights of those treated for mental illnesses.

I will.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Which is exactly what they'll do instead of fixing the mess that is NICS and our adjudication system and reporting practices.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

News flash! It’s not very hard to convert a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic one... which have killed people in the U.S.

That's a slide fire stock. It is not an automatic weapon.

It's incredible frustrating to witness the level of willful ignorance perpetuated because people are unwilling to engage in basic due diligence and make sure that they have their facts straight before posting a reply. Trying to debatetge 2nd amendment with someone who believes that no private citizens should have access to the ability to defend themselves and their families is like trying to explain how evolution works to someone who believes the earth is only 6000 years old. It doesn't work. I would at least be able to respect them if they were honest and admitted that their position was nothing more than an emotion based argument instead of pretending they're basing their asinine argument on facts. I just can't relate because I wouldn't attempt arguing a position without having my facts straight first.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

News flash, you should get a clue and not rely on YouTube videos to educate yourself on how firearms work. How many of those semi auto rifles had bump stocks and what are the odds you had ever heard of them prior to the shooting in Vegas?

As the ATS motto is to Deny Ignorance and not to perpetuate it, let's have a quick lesson shall we? Bump stocks don't actually convert a semi auto rifle to a fully automatic. With an automatic rifle, you pull the trigger and it fires rounds until either the magazine is empty or you take your finger off the trigger. With a bump stock, it is still a semi auto rifle and you still need to pull the trigger every time you want to fire a round. It uses the rifles recoil to assist in doing so a little quicker but it isn't an automatic rifle no matter how you want to paint it. I can fire a semi auto rifle just as quickly and with as little accuracy as a bump stock without one. But don't let facts get in the way of your fake narrative.

I’ve spent three tours in Iraq... I’m probably more qualified on any platform more than you are and probably know much more than you. Probably sitting there your whole life behind a screen.

Did you know that a semi-automatic weapon is still technically defined as an automatic weapon? No?

A bump stock (which I’ve owned for years, have you?) drastically ups the amount of rounds being put through a weapon. So what would be the difference between a fully automatic weapon and one with the bump stock? Sure it’s automatic as to just holding down the trigger but it’s automatically firing the weapon.

The military is even phasing our fully automatic weapons because firing automatically does nothing but waste ammo and is less effective than single shot and burst mode.

So tell me again about my fake narrative? Tell me how I can be just as combat effective with a bump stock than I can be with a fully automatic weapon.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I’ve spent three tours in Iraq... I’m probably more qualified on any platform more than you are and probably know much more than you. Probably sitting there your whole life behind a screen.

You say this and yet...

Did you know that a semi-automatic weapon is still technically defined as an automatic weapon? No?

Nope. You're wrong.

A bump stock (which I’ve owned for years, have you?) drastically ups the amount of rounds being put through a weapon.

True. But it is still a semi-automatic system.

The military is even phasing our fully automatic weapons because firing automatically does nothing but waste ammo and is less effective than single shot and burst mode.

I left active duty service in 2016. They are not phasing out automatic weapons. Actually they replaced all of our 3 round burst M4 sears, with full auto sears.

So tell me again about my fake narrative? Tell me how I can be just as combat effective with a bump stock than I can be with a fully automatic weapon.

You are patently full of it.
edit on 14 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Double post... sorry.

edit on 14-11-2017 by kyleplatinum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: peter vlar

Not quite, I enlisted in 1990 and was assigned to the 10th Mtn Div. it's pretty easy to see where I was 24 years ago this past October. There are numerous articles and even a film about it.

No is the operative portion of this statement because it's untrue

A bump stock (which I’ve owned for years, have you?) drastically ups the amount of rounds being put through a weapon. So what would be the difference between a fully automatic weapon and one with the bump stock? Sure it’s automatic as to just holding down the trigger but it’s automatically firing the weapon.

It's still not an automtic rifle

Another falsehood. Might want to learn concepts like due diligence before all that swagger and bravado knocks you over

Based on your numerous assumptions and errors I have serious doubts about your combat readiness. I'm going to pull one from your playbook
And make a wild speculative guess... POG?
edit on 14-11-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I honestly don't think he's ever stepped foot in Iraq, or even Fort Benning.

Did you also notice the disconnect?

The very glaring contradiction?

He's combat effective with a bump stock and automatic weapons, but somehow the military is phasing them out because they aren't..

Anyone else's head hurt?
edit on 14 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

Bump stocks are and will aways be a novelty item, period.

Projectvxn is 100% correct with his posts.

Stop the personal assumptions, its not healthy.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's painful to read that's for sure. I'm sticking to my assessment that if he was even enlisted, he was a POG. Maybe a chains assistant or a cook? Combat ready...? I wouldn't stake my life on it.

edit on 14-11-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
... witness testimony is not usually reliable.

And police and MSM are? Seriously? I'll take the word of the ordinary citizens on the scene over the gub'mint any day of the week.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

And police and MSM are? Seriously? I'll take the word of the ordinary citizens on the scene over the gub'mint any day of the week.

Weren't those initial reports on the MSM?

Why yes they were.

Situations like these are fluid. I don't see a conspiracy here. Just a nutjob felon with a gun and a system that failed once again, both in protecting the people, and demonstrating that restricting rights simply makes the situation more deadly.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join